Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v. Iceland

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Is it just me being so underwhelmed by the opening comment on this thread that a small part of me would laugh its plums off if we smashed Iceland out of sight, 14-0 and, at the final whistle, all eleven players ripped their shirts off to reveal tattoos saying "HAVE THAT WASCHARLEYONE"?

I said I'd like us to stuff Iceland, I just remain unconvinced by England. It's that fucking simple.
    Oh thank goodness it's that simple. Because some people might have thought you'd said something else. Like, "a small part of me would laugh its plums off if Iceland were to beat us".
    Chizz, I then corrected myself with a second post to make clearer my sentiments. Sorry, the 'f-ing' slipped out after 3 hours of sleep. I take that back. I repeat, I really want us to go on and do well; however, if we (or Woy) should fail to beat Iceland, as well as being pissed off, the masochistic Charlton fan in me, used to seeing us stumble against smaller clubs, would have a wry smile on its face.

I stand behind my club before country comment. That's just me, I'm not alone in this and each to their own.
  • Options
    I really think this is a good draw for us, I can see us beating Iceland by 2 or 3.
  • Options

Sorry Muttley
    If he is weak he is not a good manager .

Good point - he understands football, but isn't ruthless
  • Options
    If we can't beat a fucking supermarket then I am dying my hair ginger, wearing a skirt and talking funny for the rest of my natural, wee laddie...
  • Options
    There is no dominant team at the moment. Engerland to knock at least 3 past Iceland and go on to win the Euros. Support Woy and the boys as its our year.
  • Options

If we can't beat a fucking supermarket then I am dying my hair ginger, wearing a skirt and talking funny for the rest of my natural, wee laddie...

• Options
    edited June 2016

Girl: hey babe come
    Jói Berg: can't, I'm too tired
    Girl: I'm alone
    Jói: pic.twitter.com/PHpSq1jpDo

— Hörður Björgvinsson (@hordurfannar) June 23, 2016
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Always want England to do well in any sport in this house, although I was amazed to find an Iceland loyalty card in the kitchen draw I think the wife is part of some hooligan firm. :(

)

Has she been seen strolling out with a blond, blue eyed fella around the Charlton area recently?

• Options

I can't get my head around how anybody who is English would want England to lose a game?

Because it would be funny.
    I'm pretty sure it would it wouldn't be.
    Now that's sentence is hating England!

I don't see what's hard to understand, I want England to win but it would be funny if they got knocked out by Iceland. Club before country for me I don't take internationals that seriously or put JD sport England flags on the mirror of a car every 2 years.
    Each to their own. But I still fail to see what would be funny about it.
    Yeah but how funny was it when Charlton got knocked out by Northwich Victoria. Couldn't stop lol'ing for days. Good times.
    I was at that game....
    So was I . The trains were so bad I only got back yesterday .
    At least we can look back and laugh now. Or can we? !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I can't get my head around how anybody who is English would want England to lose a game?

Because it would be funny.
    I'm pretty sure it would it wouldn't be.
    Now that's sentence is hating England!

I don't see what's hard to understand, I want England to win but it would be funny if they got knocked out by Iceland. Club before country for me I don't take internationals that seriously or put JD sport England flags on the mirror of a car every 2 years.
    Each to their own. But I still fail to see what would be funny about it.
    Yeah but how funny was it when Charlton got knocked out by Northwich Victoria. Couldn't stop lol'ing for days. Good times.
    I was at that game....
    So was I . The trains were so bad I only got back yesterday .
    At least we can look back and laugh now. Or can we? !
    I think we need a bit more time to get over it :smiley:
  • Options
    I will be cheering on England from start to finish. But if we conspire to get ourselves out in the next round at least I can take solace in the fact that it won't be Ronnie sending us home again.

7-6 win for England with JBG getting their 6 goals and Arsene decides that he would be a good way to spend that 20m he has lying around now that Vardy has turned down Arsenal
  • Options
    Of course it's a good draw for us. If we can't beat Iceland then we wouldn't deserve to win anything anyway. Ireland beating the French would help as well.

It's good we're now at the knock out stage. Bring it on.
  • Options
    If England don't beat Iceland I'm going to have "Good mums go to" tattooed on my arse.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Yes, I think the French will have to up their game if they want to get past Ireland. They were gifted the easiest group and struggled. The game means a lot to Ireland though thanks to previous French cheating which cost them a World Cup place! Revenge is on the cards!
  • Options
    Ireland might have a chance if France rest their first team.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

If England don't beat Iceland I'm going to have "Good mums go to" tattooed on my arse.

To save on ink, go all American and just have a couple of M's on either cheek....... MOM.

After a good bedroom performance you have the man of the match award as well.
  • Options
    Obviously want England to win the game in Nice but I'm probably not alone in picking up Iceland as my second team for the tournament. If they were to beat us, I'd be hoping they can go all the way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was a bit down after the Slovakia and Russia matches. If we go out to Iceland, which I see as a posible rather than probable (but certainly not imposible) I'd be gutted. And from previous championships, my interest will drastically wane on the Euros if England aren't there.
    Would it be funny if we lose to Iceland? Yes of course, but I won't be laughing.
  • Options

I was a bit down after the Slovakia and Russia matches. If we go out to Iceland, which I see as a posible rather than probable (but certainly not imposible) I'd be gutted. And from previous championships, my interest will drastically wane on the Euros if England aren't there.
    Would it be funny if we lose to Iceland? Yes of course, but I won't be laughing.

After England's participation is over, I generally have no interest in the tournament either.
  • Options
    One of the now annoying parts about it is that if we had beat Slovakia we would have only had the likes of Croatia and Portugal stopping us from getting to the final.
  • Options
    I told my son that It was going to be Iceland v England, his little face fell and he said 'oh no dad, who are we going to be cheering for?'

I explained that we would be cheering for England but that we hoped JBG would have a good game. He wasn't impressed 'but that's our Johann, dad. The only Charlton player in the tournament.'

Explained Johan would be leaving anyway and the country was more important. He sort of got it, but Johan has been in the team and his favourite player ever since he started going to games at 4 yrs old.

• Options
    JBG is the favourite player of a lot of our kids - including my son. But he will leave us without a look back. Us oldies know that! If we get more money for him, it will only go in the owner's pocket!
  • Options
    I know, it's going to break Roo's little football is an honourable game heart.

Still good he gets that first one under his belt early.
  • Options
    JJ - doing his bit....

• Options
    Press heavily hinting that Sterling and Kane will start. They have got it spot on so far. Hope Roy knows what he's doing.
  • Options

Press heavily hinting that Sterling and Kane will start. They have got it spot on so far. Hope Roy knows what he's doing.

I thought it was Sturridge and Kane...

Surely Sterling cant even be in France still other than as a tackle dummy!!