Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v. Iceland

Is it just me being so underwhelmed by England in the competition that a small part of me would laugh its plums off if Iceland were to beat us?

Comments

• Well in our house we will be cheering on Johan and Emgland. Not the tie I was hoping for as I like to be fairly unconflicted.

Still I hope he does well and we tear Iceland a new one.
  • Danny Rose can burn JBG off at half pace.
  • Just think, if Woy had keep the same side, we would have had a very good chance of getting to the final. What a prick.
  • i hope England stuff them and JBG gets his arse kicked by Danny Rose.
    Dont get the anti-England brigade - just dont get it- whats the matter with some people.

Me too - I wouldn't mind but JBG won't even be with us in a few weeks. When it comes to internationals and its a Charlton player playing against us I have not affiliation with that player whatsoever. Of course you want them to do well in other games, unless it has a detrimental effect on England.

Have to say, I'm quite surprised at the anti England thing. In the unlikely event of England achieving success in tournament, I'm sure we would be reading different comments.
  • Just think, if Woy had keep the same side, we would have had a very good chance of getting to the final. What a prick.

I don't think there was any difference in performance to the previous games or any guarantee the first team would have won.

I'd go...

Hart, Walker, Smalling, Cahill, Rose, Dier, Henderson, Rooney, Lallana, Kane, Sturridge

I think generally I'd play Vardy still but against Iceland he won't have any room at all so hopefully Kane can stop being shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2016

Is it just me being so underwhelmed by England in the competition that a small part of me would laugh its plums off if Iceland were to beat us?

I take it you are not English ? If you are you are weird
  • edited June 2016
    Fantastic opening gambit from Mr Motivator there. I fear your serotonin levels have been completely depleted.
  • I'm not ant-England, I'm just seriously unimpressed by anything we've yet done on the field. There's a difference.

I'd like to see us stuff them 6-0, but I can't see it happening and I guess I'm also sick of the same build-up and expectation then seeing multi-million pound players fail dismally, then hearing the manager's lame excuses.

Take it as you will.

On the flip side, imagine the hysterics is we had stayed unchanged and still only drew!
  • Is it just me being so underwhelmed by England in the competition that a small part of me would laugh its plums off if Iceland were to beat us?

Yep. Just you.

• red_murph said:

Yep. Just you.

Read my second post
  • I wonder if, anywhere in the world of Irish fans, anyone has written anything like the OP.
    No, they havent.

Come on England, great next match, let's have a brilliant Monday night.
  • 6-1 England with a JBG assist or maybe free kick.

Perfect

Except for work Tuesday which may suffer hard..
  • Is it just me being so underwhelmed by England in the competition that a small part of me would laugh its plums off if Iceland were to beat us?

Thanks for your honesty.

Now we know your a welsh tit head.
  • I can't get my head around how anybody who is English would want England to lose a game?

Totally agree mate. A little part of me would like to see JBG score a consolation goal in a 4 1 defeat, just to see a charlton player score in a tournament but how anyone can take any pleasure in seeing your country lose is beyond me.
    And tarnish club legend Reza's record?
  • Sponsored links:

• Jeez. I'm Scottish and even I hope England rip Iceland a new bumhole!
  • England win, England lose, doesn't bother me. They let the nation down time after time after time. I really can't see why people get excited about it.
  • Catch me if you can cos im an England man

Yeah, alright John!
  • Have a lot of friends out in Iceland so this is the biggest game England have played in a long long while for me. Win this and lose to France and I will accept it, painfully.. lose to Iceland and I'm jetting off to Australia and digging my head in the sand for a few years.

Just need to score early.
  • I'm writing off England's chances against anybody!

I figured it worked this season when I did it for Leicester every match.