Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v. Iceland

1272829303133»

Comments

• Options

Really proud of JBG - outstanding workrate

Must have learned to defend from watching Chris Solly - he was pretty rubbish defensively when he first came to us.
  • Options

The poster who said the 6 changes against Slovakia changed the direction was 100% right. It was a callous neglectful indulgent act and a lot of us called it right before we saw the results. For that reason, Hodgson deserves ridicule.

He then made another 6 changes for Iceland - no wonder the poor dears were a little confused.
  • Options

If Vardy and Drinkwater were Chelsea players and they had won the league, the team would probably have been built around them.

To be fair I don't think anyone ever set themselves up defensively against Leicester last season like Iceland - though Iceland's tactics did bear a little similarity to those employed by Leicester, which was probably while most of players were flummoxed, that and a basic lack of intelligence.
  • Options
    JBG didn't turn up in a lot of games for us last season but I always felt not becaus he did t want to or because he was in the wrong position but because a load of the players around him didn't have a clue when at they were doing.

So JBG would be given instructions for the game and he woudont do them, he's try a bit outside of the role on some games, but basically doing the job he was told to do.

He either wasn't told what to do (Fraeye and Luzon) or didn't do what they were told to do (Luzon and Reza) or were too shit to remember what they were supposed to be doing (most games).

JBG was annoyed and his body language was rubbish repeatedly but he needed direction, a system he could work in and then he could release some quality. As getting through to the quarters of the euros with Iceland shows.

• Options
    Some slightly agricultural language that may not be to everyone's taste, but, without knowing what he does for a living, I don't see why Sweary Hatman (one for anyone who learnt to read in the 1980s there) would suffer any repercussions. It's not like he is wearing or saying anything that would identify his employer.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Some slightly agricultural language that may not be to everyone's taste, but, without knowing what he does for a living, I don't see why Sweary Hatman (one for anyone who learnt to read in the 1980s there) would suffer any repercussions. It's not like he is wearing or saying anything that would identify his employer.

If you want passion from a fan then there you have it in spades. When you are watching a team who can't trap a bag of cement or pass to a team mate who does it easily in their domestic games then you have every reason to unload like that ( especially seeing as having a tear up is frowned upon these days !!). I find it is easier as you get older to keep schtum rather than going on some massive spleen vent as most of it would come out as nonsense!!
  • Options
    edited June 2016

The video of the Wales players celebrating last night is the muggiest thing I've seen for a while. Half the pricks are English!!!

Not seen it. I bet that prick Aaron Ramsey is in it. Hope Belgium rip them a new one. Probably hasn't occurred to them that a very shit England team beat them. Still let them enjoy their first tournement for 48 years. We might be shit, but we still make it
  • Options

I'm shocked because we beat Germany away only a few weeks ago

So did Skovakia though!
  • Options

I'm shocked because we beat Germany away only a few weeks ago

We're the only country to take friendlies seriously.

Like we say with youngsters focusing too much on winning in england as kids, our national team does exactly that in friendlies too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah I think we should focus on playing nicely and improving our skills rather than winning all the time.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Hodgson included Kane and Stirling and Rooney even though public opinion was telling him they were not up for it ... Even hart was subject to scrutinity .. This guy wanted to do it his way and prove every one wrong .... Half time he leaves a laden legged Sturridge on and adds to the mix his son .. Jacko.. Again not match fit ... He then introduced varney on 60 minutes replacing the little boy on the wing and then brings on rashford 5 minutes from the whistle - surely Bartley would have been a better bet than Wiltshire

.., the biggest joke he left Kane on the pitch !!!!

He was arrogant and thought he knew best ... And our FA will appoint another £4million pound yes man !!! Another one who has not managed a club - another's mclaren

The next manager choice should be made by the fans or the clubs -
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    The FA don't invest in coaches for our kids and pay the wrong people a fortune to manage England. They represent us football fans and we don't elect them. And we were critical of FIFA!!!! It is a club for the boys!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I'm gutted our fans won't be able to make us proud smashing up Paris.

#NoSurrender
  • Options

The video of the Wales players celebrating last night is the muggiest thing I've seen for a while. Half the pricks are English!!!

Not seen it. I bet that prick Aaron Ramsey is in it. Hope Belgium rip them a new one. Probably hasn't occurred to them that a very shit England team beat them. Still let them enjoy their first tournement for 48 years. We might be shit, but we still mak
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36652412 Enjoy!!
  • Options

Not seen it. I bet that prick Aaron Ramsey is in it. Hope Belgium rip them a new one. Probably hasn't occurred to them that a very shit England team beat them. Still let them enjoy their first tournement for 48 years. We might be shit, but we still mak
    haha absolute bollocks.
  • Options

As tempting as it is I I'll give it a miss. If Ramsey appears on it I'd end up smashing what ever device I watched it on to pieces.
  • Options
    I nicked this stat from the Football Ramble, but in addition to Iceland having more UEFA accredited coaches per capita than England, they have more coaches full-stop. A country with population of Coventry has more qualified coaches than a country of 55 million people. A country of 55 million people with the richest FA in the world.

Staggering.
  • Options

I nicked this stat from the Football Ramble, but in addition to Iceland having more UEFA accredited coaches per capita than England, they have more coaches full-stop. A country with population of Coventry has more qualified coaches than a country of 55 million people. A country of 55 million people with the richest FA in the world.

Staggering.

You can't trust experts! Fortunately the FA is run by people who freely admit to knowing little about football.
    We need to pay our manager more!
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Staggering.

You can't trust experts! Fortunately the FA is run by people who freely admit to knowing little about football.
    If you took 1.5m of Roy's (former) salary, you could still pay the new manager handsomely, but also afford to employ 50 coaches on 30,000 a year.

Or put another way enough coaches to put 2 into every city or town in England with a population of 250,000 or more, and still have a couple of spares left over.

I'm sure if the will was there, the FA could find a lot more than 1.5 m to to invest in coaching too. Even if you made the UEFA badges much cheaper to obtain, I'm sure there'd be plenty of currently unqualified coaches who volunteer with their kid's team, or local saturday/sunday league team, who would take the courses.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Staggering.

If you took 1.5m of Roy's (former) salary, you could still pay the new manager handsomely, but also afford to employ 50 coaches on 30,000 a year.

Or put another way enough coaches to put 2 into every city or town in England with a population of 250,000 or more, and still have a couple of spares left over.

I'm sure if the will was there, the FA could find a lot more than 1.5 m to to invest in coaching too. Even if you made the UEFA badges much cheaper to obtain, I'm sure there'd be plenty of currently unqualified coaches who volunteer with their kid's team, or local saturday/sunday league team, who would take the courses.
    An excellent point
  • Options
    I wouldn't trust the FA to run anything - they almost seem proud of being so f***ing useless. I can't wait for their garbage inquest over the Iceland debacle.
    I hope they appoint Pardew as manager on a salary of £15m having consulted a panel of experts - it will be a joy to listen to his expert insight and then he can blame the fans when we lose to Malta in the World Cup qualifying.
  • Options
    a few are dead as well!