Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v. Iceland

Comments

• Options
    I passionately want England to win it, but a small part of me wouldn't be too upset if JBG scored the winner against us - maybe it just confirms Charlton is the be all and end all for me - even if JBG is likely to be sold and the way the club treats us fans - wierd!!!! Excuse th epun!
  • Options
    I'll excuse th epun.
  • Options
    Would like England to win and JBG to play well but not score.
  • Options
    Come on Albania !
  • Options

I passionately want England to win it, but a small part of me wouldn't be too upset if JBG scored the winner against us - maybe it just confirms Charlton is the be all and end all for me - even if JBG is likely to be sold and the way the club treats us fans - wierd!!!! Excuse th epun!

just no
  • Options
    My Mum's going to this...............
  • Options

My Mum's going to this...............

Tell her to be careful, Hodgson may pick her to start, such has been his approach to date!
  • Options

a small part of me would laugh its plums off

There's one question I can't believe hasn't been asked yet - Is it really that small or are you being a bit tough on yourself?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lets be honest, Slovakia played for the draw the other night, against another side we are likely to concede. In the knock out stages, I think if we are going to progress we are going to have to out score the opposition.

Also, we all know Gudmundsson won't be with us soon so if he plays a blinder and scores a cracker, as long as England win, it's a good thing for us all if it means we sell him for the little bit extra. - So long as Roland doesn't pocket it himself.

3-1 England with Johann scoring for Iceland.

England progress and get France in the quarter-final.
  • Options
    This is a poxy draw for us

It will be another dominating performance knocking on a door with 10 men behind it. Rather play a side that has some pedigree or at least shows some ambition
  • Options
    I'd laugh. But that's because life has served so many face full of sand, hysteria is all I have left.

I'm expecting yet another pissing cagey affair agaisnt a team clinging for a draw that we can't break down. 1-0, 94th minute, jbg own goal.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I think Iceland will be mostly defensive, but they will also be a bit more offensive than Slovakia. I think we will score against them, although every England game is close. I'm sure it would be close if they played a French pub team! I think this is an England win though and not a bad last 16 match for us!
  • Options
    If we can't beat Iceland we deserve to go home - need an early goal to settle the nerves
  • Options
    3-0 - a hat-trick of own goals from JBG.
  • Options
    Is it just me being so underwhelmed by the opening comment on this thread that a small part of me would laugh its plums off if we smashed Iceland out of sight, 14-0 and, at the final whistle, all eleven players ripped their shirts off to reveal tattoos saying "HAVE THAT WASCHARLEYONE"?
  • Options
    Have to agree on the above, as well as they have done, if we can't beat Iceland then we have no place at the top table of European football!!

The game that intrigues me most is France Vs Ireland, the Irish have not forgotten about the 2009 Henry handball, and karma has a very funny way of coming back to bite you when you least need it to.

Haven't been convinced by the French at all, and the Irish proved tonight that they can always nick a goal and then defend for their lives!
  • Options
    So so weird. I Would rather JBG broke his legs and had to retire than him score a winner to knock us out the euros.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So so weird. I Would rather JBG broke his legs and had to retire than him score a winner to knock us out the euros.

Harsh! no need to break his legs. He gets all upset when somebody shouts at him.

Seriously wouldn't wish that on any player.....well maybe Ronaldo.
  • Options

Have to agree on the above, as well as they have done, if we can't beat Iceland then we have no place at the top table of European football!!

The game that intrigues me most is France Vs Ireland, the Irish have not forgotten about the 2009 Henry handball, and karma has a very funny way of coming back to bite you when you least need it to.

Haven't been convinced by the French at all, and the Irish proved tonight that they can always nick a goal and then defend for their lives!

French haven't been convincing at all. But for a some brilliance from Payet they would have been in a bit of trouble. Ireland could cause them a few problems. Having said that they were hapless against Belgium.
  • Options
    1. I cannot understand, will never understand how an English person would rather support a fellow British team or Ireland in the competition, then England itself. Sure, there might be things that don't sit right with you about the England squad and England in general, but that particular attitude just smells of being a pretentious twat.

If a fellow home nation beat us in the limelight or progressed further then us I would feel sick to my stomach. It would hurt. Being a "McCaffrey" as is my surname I have a lot of NI blood....doesn't massively sway me to support them much mind you. Obviously I look out for their results and love the fact they are here and progressed....but when it comes to England on the big stage, there's no contest between my choice of where my support lies.

2. Whether we done it in style or not, we finished 2nd in our group, haven't lost a game and still qualified for the next round.

3. We haven't exactly shown our best bits...maybe our best bits are still yet to be unleashed?
    My only fear going in the game against Iceland plus possibly furthermore, will be confidence. Not being able to beat Slovakia is intensely embarrassing.
    Roy may need to really riddle that bad residue of feeling out the squad quite harshly. Hopefully no long lasting effect in that mentality.

JBG is not really a charlton player is he when we know he's off in a few months and I for one don't blame him.

He is anonymous. Just my opinion that, but I couldn't really give a crap about him. Don't wish him any harm but I couldn't care less regarding his involvement here.
  • Options
    I am sure the don't care bit is a defence thing born of past experience and disappointments.

I hope they win it, but given the choice of England winning this and the World Cup or Charlton winning the FA cup, it would be the latter.
  • Options

Worst possible draw for us. Another shite team who will put all 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes and aim to take us to penalties.

Some really odd comments regarding England on here. Country over club. Come on England!

That's just it though. If I could see Charlton 'doing a Leicester' or England win a tournament it'd be Charlton every day of the week.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Is it just me being so underwhelmed by the opening comment on this thread that a small part of me would laugh its plums off if we smashed Iceland out of sight, 14-0 and, at the final whistle, all eleven players ripped their shirts off to reveal tattoos saying "HAVE THAT WASCHARLEYONE"?

I said I'd like us to stuff Iceland, I just remain unconvinced by England. It's that fucking simple.
  • Options

Worst possible draw for us. Another shite team who will put all 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes and aim to take us to penalties.

Some really odd comments regarding England on here. Country over club. Come on England!

That's just it though. If I could see Charlton 'doing a Leicester' or England win a tournament it'd be Charlton every day of the week.
    Agree with this tbh.
  • Options
    Very dangerous game for us. We couldn't beat two of the worst teams at Euros and Iceland have shown they can play. Playing well and being 'unlucky' or losing on pens will not be good enough. We need to play well and score goals to regain the momentum we had against Wales
  • Options

Very dangerous game for us. We couldn't beat two of the worst teams at Euros and Iceland have shown they can play. Playing well and being 'unlucky' or losing on pens will not be good enough. We need to play well and score goals to regain the momentum we had against Wales

I agree. Just hope Iceland's only game plan isn't draw then penalties. We show we have trouble breaking down teams that have no interest in playing. Iceland's possession has been about 30%! An early goal for England would suit me. Because we are rubbish at penalties
  • Options

that is a triely horrific thing to say or to "like" that you actually wish that a professional footballer breaks his leg and never plays football again. This site is becoming more extreme by the day for which I blame KM and all the negativeness that she has engendered in us all.