Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brentford vs Charlton Post Match Views

123457»

Comments

• lookman being rested?
    certainly jonjo was not played much prior to his move to liverpool.
  • Too little too late.

With the other results going against us it could be. But beat MK and we know there result goes in our favour and we give ourselves that chance again.
  • timken said:

lookman being rested?

Put it on the "Rumour" thread. We do have a Rumour thread, don't we?
  • timken said:

lookman being rested?

talking to my mate in Cyprus last night this is what we think. Signed a new contract to get us a better fee, now warming the bench so as not to get injured to scupper his PL move.
  • Was on the terraces which was good but you don't get a great view of the game

Is that because you always kneel?
    Very good lol!
  • What was the fitness of the players like?

Be interesting to keep an eye on that as many feel that Laurence Bloom going isnt a bad thing...
  • Equally we've got to be careful how we utilise Lookman... Thanks the media linking him with big clubs, teams are already aware of how much of a threat he is so will ensure he's tightly marked if he does play.

At the same time when he got thrown into the side, he was just constantly played which meant he quickly got injured against Bolton so we have to ensure that doesnt happen again... With the Easter matches not long off, he'll get his opportunities
  • Sponsored links:

• Simonsen said:

Dazzler21 said:

One other minor quibble. Why does Jose always introduce the ineffective Reza instead of Lookman ? The space that Brentford were leaving towards the end was tailor-made to be exploited by Ademola's pace.

Sees more from Reza in training than Lookie?
    Maybe Lookie is not 100%

Maybe Roland likes Reza?
    Maybe Roland likes the idea of selling Lookman?

Either Riga doesn't rate Lookman, or we are protecting our assest for a tasty sale at the end of the season, thus giving Roly the chance to break even = success.
    We are only talking a time-wasting sub in the last minute here.....not a master tactical switch. Of course, Riga rates Lookman but not when we are leading 2-1 with a minute to go.
    The mystery was putting on Reza rather than say Bergdych who's pacy but can defend better
  • I thought JR called it right bringing Big Mak AND Reza on...I hate it when Charlton try to defend a lead at the end of a game because it just a invites the opposition to attack (and inevitably score)...Reza chases everything so he pushes the oppos defenders back all the way ...he was the right choice, Lookman would have operated from a midfield starting position...
  • edited March 2016

I thought JR called it right bringing Big Mak AND Reza on...I hate it when Charlton try to defend a lead at the end of a game because it just a invites the opposition to attack (and inevitably score)...Reza chases everything so he pushes the oppos defenders back all the way ...he was the right choice, Lookman would have operated from a midfield starting position...

He sure did at Huddersfield, kicking everything that moved and got himself sent off in double quick time, the bloke can't tackle and is stealing a living.
  • I thought JR called it right bringing Big Mak AND Reza on...I hate it when Charlton try to defend a lead at the end of a game because it just a invites the opposition to attack (and inevitably score)...Reza chases everything so he pushes the oppos defenders back all the way ...he was the right choice, Lookman would have operated from a midfield starting position...

He was only on for a minute on Saturday, but made a hash of keeping the ball in the corner!

He was only on for a minute on Saturday, but made a hash of keeping the ball in the corner!
    Well he's certainly not Tony Watt, more of a Church but does IMO more, he can play a decent pass, cross and has an alright shot. Just needs to concentrate a bit more and work a little harder.
  • SDAddick said:

My defining memory of seeing Sanogo at Arsenal was that he looked awkward. There's all the talk about the poor touches and missed chances, but he also looked really awkward to defend against. We might be lucky if he gets another three goals in the run in, but as long as he remains a handful, he could create space for Callum and JBG (who can hopefully find better form with more quality in front of him), and be a good foil for Mak and maybe Lookman.

This is probably his level, just! Lot of hype surrounding him at present because of the hat trick and quite simply because he offers a different, if not awkward, option. Totally agree with previous comments about his indiscipline allowing him to constantly stray off-side. Many an attacking option was lost due to this, especially second half. However, he worries defenders and that's half the battle.

Perfect opportunity for the introduction of Lookman's pace (for Sanogo) toward the end of the match. As they pushed on they were leaving a lot of space at the back which Lookman possibly could have exploited better than Sanogo.
    Will we ever see Lookman on the pitch before he's sold in the summer ? I think they're keeping him free from injury.

I think he's wasted playing wide midfield, would like to see him playing just behind the front 1 or 2 to pick up loose balls & run at the central defenders

Also, Reza much more experienced than Lookman, and more wily in terms of winding down the clock....
  • edited March 2016

I thought JR called it right bringing Big Mak AND Reza on...I hate it when Charlton try to defend a lead at the end of a game because it just a invites the opposition to attack (and inevitably score)...Reza chases everything so he pushes the oppos defenders back all the way ...he was the right choice, Lookman would have operated from a midfield starting position...

Also, Reza much more experienced than Lookman, and more wily in terms of winding down the clock....
    Not to mention some of us Addicks, he'll be gone in the summer hopefully with many of the other overseas contingent who are only here for the money.