Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brentford vs Charlton Post Match Views

I'll kick us off then - a win, but you would say we have to win on Tuesday now for this to have any true impact. Hope all who went enjoyed it. Looking forward to reading about it

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Unexpected win but with MK and Rotherham winning we remain 7 points behind. Must win game against MK Dons. Makienok unlucky hitting the bar late on.

• Too little too late.
  • Sounded like a good performance from both Harriott and Pope (words from Steve Brown on BBC London not mine)
  • Too little too late.

Sadly I have to agree.
  • Superb. Win Tuesday and game on. I suspect the whistle protest will disappear. That said, Warnock has forgotten more than Riga knows.
  • There was a lot of promise in many aspects of last week's 2nd half performance vs Reading,
    even though Relegation Roger sabotaged that.

Anyway, one positive ...... we're scoring goals again, 5 in 2 matches.

• Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

I thought it was Morgan Fox's best performance, at least that I've witnessed. He was solid enough defensively and worked hard to get forward and put crosses in.

Harriott too was very lively, if not always able to release the ball before getting tackled.

What position was fox playing?
  • RedChaser said:

The feels like a proper Saturday night for a change and I tell you what the cat is delighted and purring like mad.

I bet you're purring along with the cat
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I thought it was Morgan Fox's best performance, at least that I've witnessed. He was solid enough defensively and worked hard to get forward and put crosses in.

Harriott too was very lively, if not always able to release the ball before getting tackled.

The Brentford commentator, after hardly mentioning him, said that Rod Fanni had played very well throughout.
    Fair?
    Or did he nullify a good Brentford player?
    It sounded like Jordan Cousins played like a captain.
    Did we manage Alan Judge easily, or was it more nip and tuck?
    Their guys praised Harriott (out of contract at the end of this season) a lot.
  • Sadly with those around us winning, effectively no change. We're down.
  • wasn't there .. it sounds like a gutsy and well deserved win .. BUT, we MUST follow up against MKD .. and if the Millers can win @ Hillsborough then so can we, make that so MUST we
  • Thought we played well. Nice to see likes of Fox Cousins and Callum in the side and playing well. Pope good too. Frustrating that everyone else won too but at least we've kept pace. Tuesday huge now
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we're gone personally, but there is faint hope. To do it we need to go on a run, but with the games we have coming up, it's probably beyond us.
  • Said on the preview that we'd win today a d v MK Dons and that the heroes would be the unsung.

Step forward Pope and Harriot.

• Too little too late.

11 matches to go, thats still 33-points.

No where near too late
    With our horrendous goal difference we are 8 points adrift with 11 games to play.

Looking at our remaining fixtures we simply aren't going to overturn that.

Add in the fact that Rotherham have a manager who has been there and done it in this division and also that MK Dons keep picking up results and we've had it.

• Don't get suckered into thinking the great escape is on. It isn't. Needing promotion form from now on. Do you honestly believe that's likely.
  • Said on the preview that we'd win today a d v MK Dons and that the heroes would be the unsung.

Step forward Pope and Harriot.

How much did you win then?
  • Off_it said:

Too little too late.

11 matches to go, thats still 33-points.

No where near too late
    2 wins in 19 games. Whoopee.
    Get your head out of what has happened on the pitch this season and concentrate on what's to come

No point worrying about those 19-games, they've happened, they've gone, cant change the results but we can have a say on the matches remaining.

It all depends on how much the team want it ........ was it Jacko a couple of years ago told the players, "you don't want relegation on your CV".

Doesn't apply to Johnson, of course.