Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brentford vs Charlton Post Match Views

Comments

• Said on the preview that we'd win today a d v MK Dons and that the heroes would be the unsung.

Step forward Pope and Harriot.

You did, I was thinking about your post toward the end and after the match. We were due a win like this. I believe you had the scoreline correct as well?
  • edited March 2016
    Oggy Red said:

Off_it said:

Too little too late.

11 matches to go, thats still 33-points.

No where near too late
    2 wins in 19 games. Whoopee.
    Get your head out of what has happened on the pitch this season and concentrate on what's to come

No point worrying about those 19-games, they've happened, they've gone, cant change the results but we can have a say on the matches remaining.

It all depends on how much the team want it ........ was it Jacko a couple of years ago told the players, "you don't want relegation on your CV".

Doesn't apply to Johnson, of course.

They've proven the last two games they want it though... i.e. you saw the effort from the team to get back in it against Reading (better finishing and we'd have got something) whilst there was frustration from the players when we lost last Saturday, they've then won this Weekend which for me proves they're a side simply going through the motions

Johnson is like the bloke at work who keeps getting sacked from jobs, isnt bothered how it looks on his CV and somehow keeps getting hired
  • RedChaser said:

wasn't there .. it sounds like a gutsy and well deserved win .. BUT, we MUST follow up against MKD .. and if the Millers can win @ Hillsborough then so can we, make that so MUST we

I wonder if @operationpig will be on tonight, I want a full explanation as to why they let their not so massive neighbours win and an unreserved apology!
    I'm currently berating my QPR supporting mate on Facebook. Given he lives in Hemel, what can I do to him that he isn't already doing to himself?
  • Brilliant result. Gives us a glimmer of hope. Tuesday is huge.

The trouble is, we just don't do so well at home.
  • Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Too little too late.

No where near too late
    Get your head out of what has happened on the pitch this season and concentrate on what's to come

No point worrying about those 19-games, they've happened, they've gone, cant change the results but we can have a say on the matches remaining.

Or is it any wonder now that our last three wins have all come away
    Youre right. Its all my fault. I admit it.
    Where the fuck do I say its your fault... All I'm saying forget about the matches in the past and concentrate on the games to come
    Why are you swearing? I'm not swearing.

Unfortunately I don't think it matters how much I concentrate on the games to come - unless you want me to dust down my boots? (Then we would be in trouble, but at least I would win more in the air then some of ours)
  • Good win. We need to beat MK AND Boro.
  • We have to go up another couple of levels - It is possible with Bauer back and hopefully Diarra not too bad. (any news on him) Looking at the games immediately ahead- If we beat MK dons their next two are Hull and Brighton - we could get quite close to them. But we have to up it from how we played today. Brentford were there for the beating, and we won't play them every week.
  • Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Too little too late.

No where near too late

Or is it any wonder now that our last three wins have all come away
    Youre right. Its all my fault. I admit it.
    Where the fuck do I say its your fault... All I'm saying forget about the matches in the past and concentrate on the games to come
    Why are you swearing? I'm not swearing.

Unfortunately I don't think it matters how much I concentrate on the games to come - unless you want me to dust down my boots? (Then we would be in trouble, but at least I would win more in the air then some of ours)
    Apologies for the language was just frustrated that you felt I was blaming the fans for our predicament
  • RedChaser said:

wasn't there .. it sounds like a gutsy and well deserved win .. BUT, we MUST follow up against MKD .. and if the Millers can win @ Hillsborough then so can we, make that so MUST we

I wonder if @operationpig will be on tonight, I want a full explanation as to why they let their not so massive neighbours win and demand an unreserved apology!
    you reckon it was a fix ? .. that derby game is a right MASSIVE money spinner ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

RedChaser said:

I wonder if @operationpig will be on tonight, I want a full explanation as to why they let their not so massive neighbours win and an unreserved apology!
    I'm currently berating my QPR supporting mate on Facebook. Given he lives in Hemel, what can I do to him that he isn't already doing to himself?
    Make him feel worse, trouble is he will probably have the last laugh :disappointed:
  • Nice couple of finishes from CH there.
  • edited March 2016
    PWR.

An unexpected win but with other results it's no change. If we are to have any chance then MKD is a must win game. In my experience it's the Charlton way to balls it up come Tuesday. A defeat and we are definitely gone. A draw we are probably gone.
  • Too little too late.

No where near too late
    Far to late
  • very composed from Callum.
  • Can't believe it. I've seen us win away - first time since Brizzle away when Morro scored.

Still seems a bit flat though
  • jonno said:
    Good save from Pope when their players went through on goal, shame that corner led to their goal, nothing he could do about that
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm really liking Sanogo
  • RedChaser said:

I wonder if @operationpig will be on tonight, I want a full explanation as to why they let their not so massive neighbours win and demand an unreserved apology!
    you reckon it was a fix ? .. that derby game is a right MASSIVE money spinner ((:>)
    Who knows mate, we always seem to roll over for the Spanners and let them tickle our bellies :wink:
  • Finally worked out why I'm so optimstic on here tonight... the fiancee has swapped my antibiotics with these!!

• Awesome saves from Nick Pope.
  • First away ive been in ages.

Expect some shenanigans! Hurrah.
  • Finally worked out why I'm so optimstic on here tonight... the fiancee has swapped my antibiotics with these!!

Watch them purple ones they've got history back in the day :open_mouth:
  • Also brentford were shit draw tus lose to boro
  • Good feeling tonight.
    But get the corners sorted ffs; then we might have a good chance of escaping.
    Crucial that Johnson didn't start. Will be a lot better when he is nowhere near the match day squad.