Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brentford vs Charlton Post Match Views

Comments

• seth plum said:

JiMMy 85 said:

I thought it was Morgan Fox's best performance, at least that I've witnessed. He was solid enough defensively and worked hard to get forward and put crosses in.

Harriott too was very lively, if not always able to release the ball before getting tackled.

The Brentford commentator, after hardly mentioning him, said that Rod Fanni had played very well throughout.
    Fair?
    Or did he nullify a good Brentford player?
    It sounded like Jordan Cousins played like a captain.
    Did we manage Alan Judge easily, or was it more nip and tuck?
    Their guys praised Harriott (out of contract at the end of this season) a lot.
    He was left back, although I stand to be corrected as I struggle with the tactics when I'm at ground level.

Fanni and I believe Motta both grew stronger in the second half. Cousins definitely had a very good game, he took to being a leader very well, berating and encouraging as required.

Harriott was man of the match IMO, followed by Cousins. Texiera worries me, he can look the part but we were prone to gaping holes at the back, as Cousins regularly pointed out to him.
  • OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 3h3 hours ago
    0:19 - Callum Harriott's goal for Charlton v Brentford came after just 19 secs; the 6th quickest goal in the Championship in 2015-16. Rapid.

How the hell is it only the 6th quickest goal this season?

Cos there have been 5 goals scored quicker
    @Off_it got there quicker than you (Despite being on another thread)
  • edited March 2016

Good feeling tonight.
    But get the corners sorted ffs; then we might have a good chance of escaping.
    Crucial that Johnson didn't start. Will be a lot better when he is nowhere near the match day squad.

Wasn't there today but sounds like Fox had a good game, was it him though from the highlights, that appeared to be ducking as their CB Barbet rose above him? If it was, was he fouled and why wasn't Tex or Diarra picking the big guy up?

Edit; on further viewings on sky plus it looks like it was JBG who got out jumped marking their CB for the goal wtf?
  • Fantastic win. Proper away day, we'll probably still go down but i've forgotten what its like to go mad in an away end!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016

Curse is broken, my first away win since Rochdale away in L1. About to completely ruin Mothers Day

Posted on the a Brentford Tickets thread at the final whistle;

RedChaser said:
    » show previous quotes
    It's got to change some time, we'll revisit this this evening, enjoy.

@AFKABartram told ya, I propose CARD pay for you to attend the remaining away fixtures for the rest of the season and take the family with you .
  • Obviously pleased we won. The acid test is can we build on it or is this just a flash in the pan?
  • Flash in the pan.

We were OK. Thought Brentford were pretty poor. They really did not create much at all. Two lovely finishes from Callum
  • Like Aston villa we are already down so this is just a death rattle
  • jonno said:
    Two good goals from Harry; appalling defending for their goal; at least one good save by Pope; cracking shot from Mak, unlucky not to score. I wonder if those highlights are representative of the game?
  • Despite the concern over the random loan signings... Sanogo / Motta / Fanni / Young all seem to have strengthened the team well

The last three of those are all quality players so it's understanble.
  • OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 3h3 hours ago
    0:19 - Callum Harriott's goal for Charlton v Brentford came after just 19 secs; the 6th quickest goal in the Championship in 2015-16. Rapid.

How the hell is it only the 6th quickest goal this season?

Cos there have been 5 goals scored quicker
    Beat me to it.
  • Not even remotely excited really
  • Sponsored links:

• Excellent result. Had my pre match money on Charlton to win and both teams to score so £68 richer to boot.

Still going down but at least we got to beat a London rival.
  • First game since Cardiff away and lucky me I get to see a win! I would say an even game, our defence is very weak Fanni wasn't the best at CB, stand out players were Harriot and Jorge aka the fly.
  • Fanni was dreadful for first half hour last week, but got better- a class player, potentially, with match practice and Champ experience. Shame it's too late...
  • A strange feeling, when you're desperately hanging on to a lead and begging the ref to blow his whistle, as it's happened so rarely this season.

A decent performance, Harriott makes the odd blunder, but this is offset by the attacking threat he brings to the team. Sending him out on loan for 3 months earlier this season was yet another nonsense decision (and I said so at the time)

We still allow far too many crosses to be sent in, against better opponents we will be (and have been) punished.
  • Incidentally I passed by this shop on the way to the ground, an omen?

• I went to the game with some Brentford fans today (they sat to the left of us in the home end). They said after the game that they have never seen a set of fans celebrate a winning goal so much. It was almost strange standing there with a winning post match pint.

• Probably too little too late but if we can beat MK Sons on Tuesday night things do get a bit interesting.
  • Even MK Dons !