Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermorgant - "I think they have wasted the club"

Comments

• Options
    I was fairly optimistic until a few months ago. Then we had the Varney e-mail expose, and Pinocchio's performance in Dublin.
    Now I realize we are going down, its hurting me like hell.

Our incompetent owner is entirely to blame.

I used to call Yann our Gladiator, the last 2 years have just proved what a lousy/incompetent decision it was to sell him.

Support the team not the regime.
  • Options
    Yann, keep yourself fit, mate.

When I win the lottery this Saturday and buy the club, the first thing I will do after re-appointing Chris Powell and sacking squirrel face is get you back to this club somehow or other.
  • Options
    That's the one. Absolute beast of a goal... I think it was a volley wasn't it too? or did he get a touch first, great either way!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

That's the one. Absolute beast of a goal... I think it was a volley wasn't it too? or did he get a touch first, great either way!

Nah was a volley straight in, didnt hit the ground, didnt control it just straight off the boot and in
  • Options
    Oh to be singing "That's why we're Champions" as we were after that goal instead of the current "that's why we're going down".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    or "For the Champions stand up" instead of "If you want them out stand up"
  • Options
    Still love Yann and wish him all the best. Had nothing against Bournemouth and Reading is my boyfriend's club. Love the picture in the article - my Charlton gnome is named after them both; Yann-Christopher. I know that's a bit sad : (
  • Options

Yann, keep yourself fit, mate.

When I win the lottery this Saturday and buy the club, the first thing I will do after re-appointing Chris Powell and sacking squirrel face is get you back to this club somehow or other.

Given that Saturday's jackpot is only £6.5m I'm not going to be holding my breath on that one.
  • Options
    Can we now give Kermy 'Sir' status please?
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

Can we now give Kermy 'Sir' status please?

Shurely...

Chevalier de Legion d'Honneur?
  • Options

Wonder if we'll be able to get a picture of Yann with a black and white scarf

I'd say ask him to wear one (should he be sitting on the bench/subbed), there's a fair chance the cameras would pick it up... Or if he was out applauding the fans at any stage.

It's not like it's a political thing, he'd just be keeping warm; and would really piss some people off....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    If people got Scotty Wagstaff to wear one I think Yann would, although I get the impression that Yann is a bit more aloof than Scotty.

Either way, he was vital player for us and he's been missed greatly. We've tried Piotr, Tucudean and Makienok - and neither have been half the player he was. I say that whilst being quite favourable to Tucudean and Makienok too, I don't like half the negativity directed at them.

It's not a favourable trait in an opposition player, but it's one that Yann had down to a tee: he could really piss opposing players off and make them do utterly stupid things. Combined with both his persistence, passion and physicality - he's exactly what we're crying out for at the moment.

Two years on and the decision to sell him makes as much sense as it did when I initially found out - yet again in a relegation scrap and needing just the skills he had. Unlike last time though, we don't even have the attitude and passion to survive; two of Yann's best attributes.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

shivers down the spine.

look at the amount of joyous customers in the stadium RD & KM, look at them.

it's a chore now, thanks to you.
    They are not shivers down your spine, that is the terrible camera shake................and don't get me started about the crap on the lens! :smile:
  • Options
    I still dream of a team of Kermorgants... :'(
  • Options
    He is pretty direct with his comments - no doubting what he thinks - perhaps out nutcase owners will try and bar him from coming in the ground for his critical remarks !!!!
  • Options
    Says it as it is. Speaks like a fan. Well done Yann.
  • Options

He is pretty direct with his comments - no doubting what he thinks - perhaps out nutcase owners will try and bar him from coming in the ground for his critical remarks !!!!

Brutal honesty from the big Frenchman. Refreshing to see someone come out and be so completely homest - they've wasted the club with a deluded vision because they don't know how football works.

These quotes say it all:
    "I’m gutted, I think they have wasted the club."

"they had a vision which for me was completely deluded"

"They didn’t know too much about football. I felt like they were wrong [...] because that’s not how football works."

"It looked to me like their position was a bit weird."
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Brutal honesty from the big Frenchman. Refreshing to see someone come out and be so completely homest - they've wasted the club with a deluded vision because they don't know how football works.

These quotes say it all:

"They didn’t know too much about football. I felt like they were wrong [...] because that’s not how football works."

Would love to know what other clubs directors and senior people who meet this bunch of knob heads think - lots of them will have been coming to the Valley for years and will have met some of the excellent predecessors - indeed many would have looked at what the club achieved with serious envy

they must surely think they have landed in planet la la land now thou !!!

CAFC = laughing stock of English professional football
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

These quotes say it all:

Would love to know what other clubs directors and senior people who meet this bunch of knob heads think - lots of them will have been coming to the Valley for years and will have met some of the excellent predecessors - indeed many would have looked at what the club achieved with serious envy

Sadly, I think the complete and utter shambles that is post-2012 Charlton Athletic extends to it being a laughing stock further afield than just England.
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

These quotes say it all:

Word is that they are as unimpressed as we are
  • Options
    Not so much as lost in translation, but lost in the transfer market.