Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fulham v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Charlton lose, Millwall win, Palace taking 9,000 to Spurs, decent acca ruined by f***ing Rochdale, I've got man flu and its raining.

Another happy Saturday in the world of Charlton.

Look forward to hearing from those there. Starting to look like 3 from 4 at the bottom now

Palace 9,000 and the OB only let us have 4,000. WTF is going on? Not fair.
    Why is it that I feel their name is on the trophy? :(
    Don't say things like that. That really would be the end.
  • Uboat said:

Charlton lose, Millwall win, Palace taking 9,000 to Spurs, decent acca ruined by f***ing Rochdale, I've got man flu and its raining.

Look forward to hearing from those there. Starting to look like 3 from 4 at the bottom now

...and pards would be arrogantly unbarable.
  • Uboat said:

Charlton lose, Millwall win, Palace taking 9,000 to Spurs, decent acca ruined by f***ing Rochdale, I've got man flu and its raining.

Looking at th highlights they certainly go a bit of luck today. They will probably draw the worst team left as well
  • jamescafc said:

Not a great deal to add to what has already been said.
    We definitely shaded the first half - in fact Fulham didn't offer any attacking threat, with Lennon and Tex looking pretty solid.
    How important it was we score the first goal, but predictably we concede and inevitably the dynamic shifts. The second goal killed it.
    I thought that Ba and Harriot stood out, until Calum's abject lack of composure when presented with a guilt-edged chance by Maks deft layoff reminded us of one of his major flaws.
    I also liked Motta's cameo - how long since we had a full back so willing to run at defenders with real attacking intent.
    Hard to make a judgement on a brief appearance late in a game, but I'd like to see him given a start, I think he might add something we've been missing for a while.Seemed to have a presence about him.Solly of course has done nothing to warrant being dropped, but maybe we need to try something different.

Actually thought Solly did OK in CM. Perhaps try him there in a 451 against Preston

It has to be said the stewards were total scumbags yesterday.

Tbf they were fine with my group who where all well oiled. Even got one pogoing after he declined to sell his orange jacket.
  • Uboat said:

Looking at th highlights they certainly go a bit of luck today. They will probably draw the worst team left as well
    Don't worry Yann will score the goals to knock them out
  • Uboat said:

Cup tied
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Leaving aside the incidents at the end, the stewards did seem rather officious, 3 of them doing ticket inspections on every staircase to get back into the ground after half time did seem OTT, for example

Maybe, being asked to show your ticket three times could be deemed a minor or unnecessary irritation, but is it worth racial abuse? Doesn't seem worthy of repeatedly calling a young woman a "c***" and then getting mates to join in.
    PL54 said:

Leaving aside the incidents at the end, the stewards did seem rather officious, 3 of them doing ticket inspections on every staircase to get back into the ground after half time did seem OTT, for example

What happened at the end ?
    There were a number of lively characters in the first 10-15 rows. They had been arguing with stewards and each other for much of the game. After Harriott blazed over, it got worse. According to one of the photographers, a young man and woman went and sat in the front row for a few minutes, as they prepared to get on the pitch. When they tried, they were nabbed by the stewards, and latterly the cops.

Outraged that their fellow fans were being kept with the realms of the law, many others surged forwards and started shoving, screaming at, and racially abusing the staff.

Said to my mate that being Charlton we couldn't even manage a decent scuffle and get on the pitch. That may have embarrassed KM and could have made a point. Not worth getting arrested for though which is why I just watched.
  • Uboat said:

More likely to score against us in league game
  • It has to be said the stewards were total scumbags yesterday.

From what a friendly policeman told me the police and stewards were aware of the scope for a lot of aggravated people if things didn't go our way. They were also very aware of the boat trip as he must have asked me 5 times if I was on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Support the team, what team - too many of them are stealing a living.
    F*** the regime.
  • PL54 said:

It has to be said the stewards were total scumbags yesterday.

From what a friendly policeman told me the police and stewards were aware of the scope for a lot of aggravated people if things didn't go our way. They were also very aware of the boat trip as he must have asked me 5 times if I was on it.
    I wonder why they thought that ?

• First time I've seen us play since early Jan. Actually, stupidly thought we were going to get something the way we started. But their first chance they score. Henderson had a shocker yesterday as did a fair few others. Should have held or left that first shot and was hard to see from the away end but looked like he should have got the cross. One of the few stand out players this season though so he can bounce back.

As for the likes of poyet, JBG and makienok thought they were dreadful. Didn't really look like they gave a toss.

Left as the third went in was fuming. Now the whole thing is just sad, very sad. If it wasn't for the ten fold accumulator I stuck on coming in on the train home it would have been one of the worst away days to date :-)

Roland out. Stop destroying our club.
  • PL54 said:

Yawn.
  • CAFCsayer said:

CAFCsayer said:

Anyone else in the pub after the game where the absolute helmet let off the red smoke bomb and the gaff had to be evacuated?

I was yeah, was enjoying a few pints was right next to it, couldn't see!

You mustve been right next to me then! Absolute muppet!
    Same as me, I'd just bought a fresh pint as well! My son was scared shitless.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Fulham were near 3 goals better than us. Scoreline flattered them. Sums up our luck this season. And one word for the stewards *****!

The blaming of the stewards is ludicrous. I was very near the heart of the issues late on, and I'm utterly disgusted at the way our fans behaved. The two who tried to invade the pitch were completely to blame and the stewards did what they had to do. I'm in the press room now looking at the evidence, it's mad to say the stewards were to blame.

The abuse given by the young lads near me was making me cringe. If you don't pose a threat to the stewards or the pitch, they leave you alone. It's really that simple.
    It's not that simple. I threw my scarf onto the pitch after Fulham scored their third. Not the smartest thing I've ever done, but as two stewards lead me away (without resisting) to the police (one on each arm) a third broke my finger.

Does throwing a scarf warrant a broken finger, 6 hours in a cell and a charge for throwing a missile?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Fulham were near 3 goals better than us. Scoreline flattered them. Sums up our luck this season. And one word for the stewards *****!

The blaming of the stewards is ludicrous. I was very near the heart of the issues late on, and I'm utterly disgusted at the way our fans behaved. The two who tried to invade the pitch were completely to blame and the stewards did what they had to do. I'm in the press room now looking at the evidence, it's mad to say the stewards were to blame.

The abuse given by the young lads near me was making me cringe. If you don't pose a threat to the stewards or the pitch, they leave you alone. It's really that simple.
    It's not that simple. I threw my scarf onto the pitch after Fulham scored their third. Not the smartest thing I've ever done, but as two stewards lead me away (without resisting) to the police (one on each arm) a third broke my finger.

Does throwing a scarf warrant a broken finger, 6 hours in a cell and a charge for throwing a missile?
    Saw you running up the stand, I thought you'd gotten away when you made it to the stairs :) Hope the finger heals up soon
  • Charlton lose, Millwall win, Palace taking 9,000 to Spurs, decent acca ruined by f***ing Rochdale, I've got man flu and its raining.

Palace took 5200 to Spurs.

• JiMMy 85 said:

No it doesn't.

I lived in Hammersmith for a bit and over there, and Chiswick the oinks were even more up for the posh twats than anywhere else I've lived.

Palace took 5200 to Spurs.

Still more than us
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

Yawn.
    What ?
  • The OB were well aware of potential for trouble, even our ex spotter/liaison officer Taff (now at Millwall) was in Waterloo checking out who was about before the game.
  • DA9 said:

The OB were well aware of potential for trouble, even our ex spotter/liaison officer Taff (now at Millwall) was in Waterloo checking out who was about before the game.

Think that might have had something to do with the 10 or so arrested from wall in a pub in Waterloo with bats and knives. While apparently waiting for Peterborough
  • Probably why he was at Waterloo and not London Bridge, but, I spoke to him, he came in the hole in the wall to identify charlton in there, 2 BTP outside as it opened and 1 wagon went past, he got the message on the radio and came in to see who was there and pass it on etc
  • edited February 2016
    14 games remaining 7 points off safety with our gd, depressing to say the least, 1st half we werent that bad 2nd half thats a team that have packed up for there summer holidays already not that are hanging on to there championship status by a thread.

trying to pick points out of the remaining is a task in itself.

Tuesday, February 23 Preston North End (A)
    Saturday, February 27 Reading (H)
    Saturday, March 5 Brentford (A)
    Tuesday March 8 MK Dons (H)
    Saturday, March 12 Middlesbrough (H)
    Saturday, March 19 Sheffield Wednesday (A)
    Saturday, April 2 Birmingham City (H)
    Tuesday, April 5 Ipswich Town (A)
    Saturday, April 9 Queens Park Rangers (A)
    Saturday, April 16 Derby County (H)
    Tuesday, April 19 Bolton Wanderers (A)
    Saturday, April 23 Brighton & Hove Albion (H)
    Saturday, April 30 Leeds United (A)
    Saturday, May 7 Burnley (H)
  • edited February 2016
    Game over for us looking at those fixtures. I see at least 10 defeats there and some of them will be heavy defeats.
  • edited February 2016

14 games remaining 7 points off safety with our gd, depressing to say the least, 1st half we werent that bad 2nd half thats a team that have packed up for there summer holidays already not that are hanging on to there championship status by a thread.

trying to pick points out of the remaining is a task in itself.

Tuesday, February 23 Preston North End (A)
    Saturday, February 27 Reading (H)
    Saturday, March 5 Brentford (A)
    Tuesday March 8 MK Dons (H)
    Saturday, March 12 Middlesbrough (H)
    Saturday, March 19 Sheffield Wednesday (A)
    Saturday, April 2 Birmingham City (H)
    Tuesday, April 5 Ipswich Town (A)
    Saturday, April 9 Queens Park Rangers (A)
    Saturday, April 16 Derby County (H)
    Tuesday, April 19 Bolton Wanderers (A)
    Saturday, April 23 Brighton & Hove Albion (H)
    Saturday, April 30 Leeds United (A)
    Saturday, May 7 Burnley (H)

Tuesday, February 23 Preston North End (A) 0
    Saturday, February 27 Reading (H) 3
    Saturday, March 5 Brentford (A) 0
    Tuesday March 8 MK Dons (H) 1
    Saturday, March 12 Middlesbrough (H) 0
    Saturday, March 19 Sheffield Wednesday (A) 0
    Saturday, April 2 Birmingham City (H) 1
    Tuesday, April 5 Ipswich Town (A) 0
    Saturday, April 9 Queens Park Rangers (A) 3
    Saturday, April 16 Derby County (H) 3
    Tuesday, April 19 Bolton Wanderers (A) 1
    Saturday, April 23 Brighton & Hove Albion (H) 1
    Saturday, April 30 Leeds United (A) 0
    Saturday, May 7 Burnley (H) 0

We pick up a wee bit but highly unlikely that would be enough with just 38. I reckon the way things are it will be in around the high 40s mark if not more.
  • I see Sint Truiden matched the result exactly...
  • edited February 2016
    Middlesbrough (H)
    Brighton & Hove Albion (H)
    Derby County (H)
    Burnley (H)

may aswell scrub them points off the fixture list so i see it as 30 points remaining, need 6 wins imo minimum.
  • We usually do quite well against Brighton and Derby at the Valley

Sheffield Wednesday as well usually struggle against us, whilst Leeds is another match that could go either way.

Middlesbrough / Ipswich / Burnley are the ones I'm writing off