Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fulham v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Matttees said:

Come to the valley for a laugh in div one!

New slogan for the season ticket sales....
  • cafctom said:

Only positive I can take from today was the boat ride down the Thames. Great fun.

Pint and meal in the Dukes head best part of the day. We knew that at 12.30 though!
  • Glad i missed that. It was a shit game even by text alert!

We've been relegated for ages. Just waiting for the maths to catch up with reality now
  • Oh dear

The first half was even, even after the first goal we were playing well, good passing and movement

Fulham makes 2 changes at half time, get the second and that was that, any energy and confidence evaporated. A very poor reaction.

Strange substitution, taking off both Poyet and Ba at the same time, it just made things easier for Parker to dominate the midfield
  • I was at the match. Luckily I'm staying with friends in Twickenham so won't have to do the long drive home tonight. I thought we started well, we looked bright and got into some good positions, but sadly our finishing was poor. Had we nicked an early goal, it might have been different. After we went one down apart from a chance from JBG, we didn't look like doing much. Our support was great, so they can't use that as an excuse. The players just don't have any stomach for a relegation battle. As soon as we go behind, they seem to throw in the towel. Seven points off safety, the games vanishing fast, and with the gutless players that we have, I don't see a way out of this.
  • Off_it said:

Also, can someone explain how RD/KM are responsible for the complete lack of threat we have from our own set pieces?

They signed the shite players we have - not to mention hire the shite coaches.

That enough for you?
    THAT
  • Murdered them first half....Putney won't be quiet tonight lot of faces out today
  • seth plum said:

All reports suggest we have surrendered.

JBG's reaction to the fans last week, feeling it deeply when Morgan Fox gets (harshly in my view) slated. players arguing on the pitch during games, other players hiding, or getting convenient injuries. Other players playing on memory with complete lack of conviction. We are full of excuses, shrugs, and surrender.

I don't especially blame the players, but to an extent they are culpable for part of this whole chitestorm of a season, so they can face up to it too.

Anyway.

It is still February. We have a whole six months until we kick off next season in League One, to say we're not prepared to plan for relegation is complete and utter folly.

I suggest.

Let the players who want out go.

Some like Cousins and Solly ought to go with our blessing, others like JBG can simply slither away, none the wiser for their time at Charlton, but none the poorer either.

Get in a proven manager at this level, even one who might restore some faith from the fans, Chris Powell for example (ducks for cover). Look at each player from the dregs of our squad in the eye, and ask them if they're up for an absolute unrewarding dogfight of a slog next season, where they give everything no excuses. Anybody who wants out, let them go.

Set season ticket prices at an absolute base level, I mean really low, really low.

Give the manager a couple of million to spend, on whoever they want. (add the borrowing to the Staprix debt)

Insist on at least two weeks pre-season at some kind of spartan military style camp, no phones or internet or anything, anybody not Andy Hughes enough for that, can then bog off at that stage. make them fitter than they ever thought they could be, break some of them if necessary.

Make the players wash their own training kit crazy gang style.

Set up a match bonus system where winning at home gets a slight premium over winning away, but a home defeat (after two home defeats have happened in the season) triggers a PAY CUT.

Obviously sack Katrien Miere and appoint a Charlton fan as CEO...someone like Grapevine would be my choice but that won't happen.

No overnight away stop overs, get the fecking coach or train like the fans...get used to it players.

Hire permanent or temporary scouts to assess league one opponents throughout the season.

Start next season on business, shave heads if you like, cold showers or whatever. But no more bewildered strangers, no more Bertie Big Bollocks players, but guys with a tough honesty about them.

WE HAVE ALREADY SURRENDERED. PLAN THE CLEAR OUT AND DO IT. PLAN FOR NEXT SEASON ROLAND.

OR FECKING SELL THE CLUB

I make you right on most of that.

Certainly write off the rest of the season and play who is likely to be with us next season. I'd give Harriott a 12 month contract and play him all the time, bottom of League 1 he excelled so perhaps he could do the business for us and and rid himself of his boo boy problem.
  • it is simple we are fucking useless , we bring in defenders how about someone can score a fucking goal , it's absolute madness , the players are Poor , Riga is not the answer now or long term we are in deep shit .
  • Sponsored links:

• Unfit dogshit loanees the fans do not deserve this, RD,KM and yes that prick RM are a disgrace to our famous club ,between the 3 of em they ain't got a fucking clue arseholes .
  • We were fucking shit.
  • Looking forward to next season's away trips to Oxford, Peterborough, etc., etc.
  • We looked lively in the first half but that was it. Beaten too easily, again.

Only positive, our fans were great throughout. Proud of the noise we made, if nothing else.
  • B
    O
    Y
    C
    O
    T
    T

There is no other option.

Everyone can find something else to do on a Saturday and you will have more fun.

Spend some time with the children, take the missus away for the weekend, work your way through the Debbie Does Dallas boxset.

Just don't go down the Valley and drive that arsehole and bitch out.

There's a Debbie Does Dallas boxset? Today's not a total loss!
  • Grim. We are down. Hopefully we begin planning soon and tapping up EXPERIENCED league 1 players.

Team for next year?

Pope
    Solly Lennon Sarr Fox
    ? Cousins Jacko Harriot
    A.Grant. ?

Better players in the under 21's isn't there
  • We were decent first half and didn't deserve to be behind. 2nd half we were poor. Poor subs didn't help. Who takes off 2 central midfielders and replace them with a right back and striker!

We're down. Said back when we lost away against Blackburn this squad doesn't have the fight for a relegation battle. They all walked off the pitch without acknowledging the fans apart from Hendo who looked pissed off he was the only one. Solly, Harriott and Fox also came back. Next few months need to be aimed at persuading Roland to sell up
  • edited February 2016
    I don't think it is feasible to offer football solutions, no matter how well meant, to an owner and his management who firstly do not understand them and secondly are not even interested. He (they) know best. It's his money so "keep out" is the attitude. Charlton just does not feel like a football club anymore.

Total boycott until they are gone.
  • My B O Y C O T T becomes final to-day.
    Me and S C A R F will be goin' away
    I love CAFC and this will be pure H-E double L for me
    Oh, I wish that we could stop this B O Y C O T T.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fulham's first clean sheet in 20 games. Says it all.

Yep if they'd got it last week they'd have got it in 19 or next week 21.

All runs end somewhere. This season smacks of pardonts last with us though. Our run will end, though too late.
  • BR3red said:

cafctom said:

Only positive I can take from today was the boat ride down the Thames. Great fun.

Pint and meal in the Dukes head best part of the day. We knew that at 12.30 though!
    I had a great home-made tiramisu in a little Italian by Putney Station. All down hill after that.
  • McBobbin said:

I'm pretty angry actually. Angry that we are going down simply because of the way we are being run. I could thrash that waffle eating cloaca, I really could.

Great support.
    Terrible football from a sh*t team.
    We are exactly where we deserve to be in the table.

Are are not a team are we , a few individual players but mainly a group of players thrown together! No Charlton fight or spirit of old
  • We looked lively in the first half but that was it. Beaten too easily, again.

Only positive, our fans were great throughout. Proud of the noise we made, if nothing else.

First time I'd heard the "Roland, I've gotta now right now, why your such a cunt' song. Excellent bit of gallows humour.
  • My B O Y C O T T becomes final to-day.
    Me and S C A R F will be goin' away
    I love CAFC and this will be pure H-E double L for me
    Oh, I wish that we could stop this B O Y C O T T.

Bit unfair on Geoffrey ;)
  • Played alright until they scored, then you know no way back.

We really are totally shit, can't defend no one with any real fight in the team and nobody who could hit a cows arse with a shovel let alone get a shot on target.

The demise of a once great club, thanks Rolly, Pinochio and Dick head Murray you really are a bunch of c**ts.
  • Can't really be arsed to go into depth but same old, same old-decent in patches without looking dangerous and always liable to concede, typically from the opposition's first attack.

Fox, Solly and particularly Ba played well. Poyet looked worryingly slow-he really has had his career set back by his lack of match time over the last 18 months.

We are as good as relegated and I dread to think what next season will bring-I can't see Riga being part of it though and expect Roland to pay him off in the summer with his tail between his legs.

Have tickets for Brentford and train for Sheff Wed-reckon I may stay in the pub!