Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fulham v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• If the team showed as much nuts as the fans today we would have walked it today
  • Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Also, can someone explain how RD/KM are responsible for the complete lack of threat we have from our own set pieces?

They signed the shite players we have - not to mention hire the shite coaches.

That enough for you?
    Tosh... We were all delighted that they got JBG to stay...but he's literally not delivering
    "Tosh"?

Didn't he used to be in The Bill?

Yes, Tosh Lines, he was the fat one with the moustache. Unfortunately now deceased.

Always chuckled at his name in the program myself.

Probably would have helped us out in a defensive midfield role.
  • How that woman can look in the mirror God only knows. ..she has destroyed the club and community

DC mate she has broke every mirror she has looked in now she is breaking my son and your sons heart , she them other 2 pricks and the players are a complete joke .
  • boogica said:

How that woman can look in the mirror God only knows. ..she has destroyed the club and community

DC mate she has broke every mirror she has looked in now she is breaking my son and your sons heart , she them other 2 pricks and the players are a complete joke .
    Taking liberties mate
  • edited February 2016
    Xenophobic I know but u Belgians just fuck off ---- utter cunts
  • Still on way home
  • Charlton need to stop all these limp roasted protests with scarfs and masks and go full throtle
  • All the frustration, even the hysterical foul-mouthed stuff is totally understandable..BUT you are not going to get him out, or Katrien or anybody else. He will go sometime if a buyer can then be found but only when he has the whim to sell. He would rather not be relegated but I don't think even this will phase him at all. He can afford it and is stubborn enough to carry on regardless.
    Can anyone see the merit in having a ceasefire until we are mathematically down? It is 3 from 4 and, in other words, just one will say up if they win this mini-league. As the only club with a toxic split, we are very unlikely to be that one.
  • Sponsored links:

• KINSELLA7 said:

All the frustration, even the hysterical foul-mouthed stuff is totally understandable..BUT you are not going to get him out, or Katrien or anybody else. He will go sometime if a buyer can then be found but only when he has the whim to sell. He would rather not be relegated but I don't think even this will phase him at all. He can afford it and is stubborn enough to carry on regardless.
    Can anyone see the merit in having a ceasefire until we are mathematically down? It is 3 from 4 and, in other words, just one will say up if they win this mini-league. As the only club with a toxic split, we are very unlikely to be that one.

Cause you can you scare the granny out of em...
  • self deluded
  • KINSELLA7 said:

self deluded

Who is??
  • Putting our performance aside for a moment, how good is Moussa Dembele!? Frightening pace and control. Seemed unplayable in the second half
  • Wasn't expecting anything at Fulham. Listened to first half, sounded very encouraging, sounded like Harriott, Ba and Bergdich all played well. But same old story, couldn't score, conceded a goal, game over.
    Have to win at Preston now. Still possible, but we have to put a good run together and we will have no chance of doing that without Vetokele and Diarra getting back ASAP.
  • Charlton need to stop all these limp roasted protests with scarfs and masks and go full throtle

Exactly mate .
  • Leuth said:

By the way, Ba was really good today and taking him off was one of the most baffling decisions I've ever seen from any Charlton manager. He was so good in the first half that I was feeling slightly glad neither Jackson nor Cousins were on the pitch.

Agree with this. Although he does still make some poor decisions, he consistently breaks up play and will get better for a run in the team. Hopefully he'll get that now.....
  • edited February 2016
    we cant defend corners worst in the football league i hope we have shake up next game even though its too late i hope the players have some pride
  • "Roland doesn't do failure."
  • Not a great deal to add to what has already been said.
    We definitely shaded the first half - in fact Fulham didn't offer any attacking threat, with Lennon and Tex looking pretty solid.
    How important it was we score the first goal, but predictably we concede and inevitably the dynamic shifts. The second goal killed it.
    I thought that Ba and Harriot stood out, until Calum's abject lack of composure when presented with a guilt-edged chance by Maks deft layoff reminded us of one of his major flaws.
    I also liked Motta's cameo - how long since we had a full back so willing to run at defenders with real attacking intent.
    Hard to make a judgement on a brief appearance late in a game, but I'd like to see him given a start, I think he might add something we've been missing for a while.Seemed to have a presence about him.Solly of course has done nothing to warrant being dropped, but maybe we need to try something different.
  • Sponsored links:

• If the team showed as much nuts as the fans today we would have walked it today

This
  • first half we were ok--no threat from us really but didnt deserve to be loosing at half time."nd goal it was all over---everyone knew it.

Riga sorry but your "game plan" of a solid defence doesnt work--we need wins and are still as fragile as crystal

as for the big Dane he is no threat at all---weak as a wet lettice
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Fulham were near 3 goals better than us. Scoreline flattered them. Sums up our luck this season. And one word for the stewards *****!

The blaming of the stewards is ludicrous. I was very near the heart of the issues late on, and I'm utterly disgusted at the way our fans behaved. The two who tried to invade the pitch were completely to blame and the stewards did what they had to do. I'm in the press room now looking at the evidence, it's mad to say the stewards were to blame.

The abuse given by the young lads near me was making me cringe. If you don't pose a threat to the stewards or the pitch, they leave you alone. It's really that simple.
    That is exactly how I saw it too.
    The lad was trying to confront and the stewards were trying to prevent him and the girl going where they shouldn't.
    The girl appeared to be showing off and milking the situation for all it was worth.
    And then our goon squad stormed down looking for action.
    We definitely shaded the first half - in fact Fulham didn't offer any attacking threat, with Lennon and Tex looking pretty solid.
    How important it was we score the first goal, but predictably we concede and inevitably the dynamic shifts. The second goal killed it.
    I thought that Ba and Harriot stood out, until Calum's abject lack of composure when presented with a guilt-edged chance by Maks deft layoff reminded us of one of his major flaws.
    I also liked Motta's cameo - how long since we had a full back so willing to run at defenders with real attacking intent.
    Hard to make a judgement on a brief appearance late in a game, but I'd like to see him given a start, I think he might add something we've been missing for a while.Seemed to have a presence about him.Solly of course has done nothing to warrant being dropped, but maybe we need to try something different.

Actually thought Solly did OK in CM. Perhaps try him there in a 451 against Preston

A good summary. I suspect Motta will start one of the next two games. Ba had a good game (my Fulham pal especially rated him) and I would imagine he was taken off at 0-2 to save him for Tuesday.

Maybe the Reading home game next Sat will see all three new defenders in the starting line-up.

There wasn't a lot wrong with the effort yesterday and some of the break-up play was pretty good. But the shooting was weak.

It was the same story as our last two visits....plenty of the ball, some good moments, no goals from us and some great finishing by Fulham.
  • Leaving aside the incidents at the end, the stewards did seem rather officious, 3 of them doing ticket inspections on every staircase to get back into the ground after half time did seem OTT, for example
  • Leaving aside the incidents at the end, the stewards did seem rather officious, 3 of them doing ticket inspections on every staircase to get back into the ground after half time did seem OTT, for example

What happened at the end ?