Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fulham v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• it baffles me why a team that has so much trouble defending corners, give away so many cheap ones
  • edited February 2016
    Have a word about the defending for the first goal. About 7 players formed a queue behind each other when the ball hit the back of the net. Clueless.
  • Someone needs to ask the players why they go into their shell when going a goal down. Most would argue it's the crowd but today they had our full backing.

Fulham brought on Baird and having two wise heads in the centre of the park made a huge difference. He and Parker controlled the game.
  • edited February 2016
    1StevieG said:

Have a word about the defending for the first goal. About 7 players formed a queue behind each other when the ball hit the back of the net. Clueless.

It's called the Riga Hokey Cokey.
  • We looked lively in the first half but that was it. Beaten too easily, again.

Only positive, our fans were great throughout. Proud of the noise we made, if nothing else.

Really? 2nd half the noise capitulated like the team.
  • Waiting to hear how lucky we were to not have had JJ play today, because we would have been outplayed (so a master tactician might say)....
  • Sponsored links:

• Fuck you Roland this club is all i've ever know but i can barely recognise it anymore. Boycott boycott boycott
  • Also, can someone explain how RD/KM are responsible for the complete lack of threat we have from our own set pieces?

Because they failed to strengthen at centre forward, creative centre midfield, right midfield or left midfield ?
  • We always get hammered by Fulham... Never like this fixture... Still six points from safety, changes nothing

One less match to go and one of the matches we needed to get something from given what is coming up. So it does change things. And not in a good way.
  • Just got back from a 4th division match. Passion, tenacity, skill and hunger. The Cobblers are going to tear the Addicks a new one next season.
  • jamescafc said:

Someone needs to ask the players why they go into their shell when going a goal down.

I don't need to ask them. It's because they have no bollocks. Anyone with any integrity would have resigned, saying "I can't do this, you'd better get someone else."

They haven't even got a sicknote.
  • Off_it said:

Also, can someone explain how RD/KM are responsible for the complete lack of threat we have from our own set pieces?

They signed the shite players we have - not to mention hire the shite coaches.

That enough for you?
    Tosh... We were all delighted that they got JBG to stay...but he's literally not delivering
  • Off_it said:

Also, can someone explain how RD/KM are responsible for the complete lack of threat we have from our own set pieces?

That enough for you?
    Tosh... We were all delighted that they got JBG to stay...but he's literally not delivering
    "Tosh"?

Didn't he used to be in The Bill?

• Off_it said:

Off_it said:

That enough for you?
    "Tosh"?

Nah, he played for Fulham alongside Jimmy Hill & Johnny Haynes. Our was that Neville Chamberlain?
  • Sponsored links:

• went today absolute disgrace..we need to get Riga out as well has not got a clue he is picking same team as before if we had any chance we need to get new players playing.... Riga is another puppet do not care what he says get him out
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

That enough for you?
    "Tosh"?

Nah, he played for Fulham alongside Jimmy Hill & Johnny Haynes. Our was that Neville Chamberlain?
    Don't forget Tony Macedo in goal :wink: .
  • Decided last minute to go. Logic being there are not many Championship away games left before lower league oblivion sets in.

As mentioned above, the writing was on the wall when in the shooting practice during the warm up all but 2 shots were either wide, over the bar or saved by Pope. The shooting that then followed in the game was pathetic.

Cracking atmosphere first half, with some amusing chants.

The body language of the players is dreadful. There is lots of shouting at each other after a goal goes in, which shows a level of being bothered about what is happening. BUT, perhaps there needs to be even more screaming at each other before conceding????!!! Why was Cairney not tracked and marked properly TWICE???? He's a decent player, but no Paul Scholes.

Not sure what happened at the end, but quite a bit of aggro with stewards. Then a young woman with blonde hair was carried away-legs going in all directions. Then another lad got dragged out and loads of police appeared. It seemed quite heavy handed to me.

Solly and Harriott probably the pick of the bunch for me.
  • edited February 2016
    Wonder if Curbishley has now changed his mind about the fans support for the team and if he has anything to say about the players or owners?
  • Charlton lose, Millwall win, Palace taking 9,000 to Spurs, decent acca ruined by f***ing Rochdale, I've got man flu and its raining.

Another happy Saturday in the world of Charlton.

Look forward to hearing from those there. Starting to look like 3 from 4 at the bottom now

<those there. Starting to look like 3 from 4 at the bottom now</

Unbeknown to me - been drinking with your sister n law all day!.

As for the game - shit. End of. As usual the football spoils a good day out.
  • What a shit show. Beat 3-0 by a piss poor Fulham team. That second half showing was an absolute embarrassment. We are down. And as for those stewards dragging a woman out for giving a few verbals, words fail me. I feel like I'm plumbing new depths following us these days. Roland, Katrien and Murray the Judas, fuck off you cunts.