Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fulham v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• PL54 said:

Leaving aside the incidents at the end, the stewards did seem rather officious, 3 of them doing ticket inspections on every staircase to get back into the ground after half time did seem OTT, for example

What happened at the end ?

Some bloke got all aggressive with a steward in the front row, not sure why. His girlfriend - who was jumping up and down on the spot cackling like a loon the whole time - then suddenly tried to climb onto the pitch and was carried off upside down.

The whole thing was pretty weird.

• I'm pretty sure I saw (and heard) the blonde girl in the park before the match. She had a can of cider in her hand!
  • I left at 2-0, many Addicks already in the park before me
  • Leaving aside the incidents at the end, the stewards did seem rather officious, 3 of them doing ticket inspections on every staircase to get back into the ground after half time did seem OTT, for example

Maybe, being asked to show your ticket three times could be deemed a minor or unnecessary irritation, but is it worth racial abuse? Doesn't seem worthy of repeatedly calling a young woman a "c***" and then getting mates to join in.
    PL54 said:

Leaving aside the incidents at the end, the stewards did seem rather officious, 3 of them doing ticket inspections on every staircase to get back into the ground after half time did seem OTT, for example

There were a number of lively characters in the first 10-15 rows. They had been arguing with stewards and each other for much of the game. After Harriott blazed over, it got worse. According to one of the photographers, a young man and woman went and sat in the front row for a few minutes, as they prepared to get on the pitch. When they tried, they were nabbed by the stewards, and latterly the cops.

Outraged that their fellow fans were being kept with the realms of the law, many others surged forwards and started shoving, screaming at, and racially abusing the staff.
  • I agree with all that has been said on here.
    Agree too that a boycott is the only way forward.Stupid badges and masks issued by well-meaning but clearly ineffective protest organisers don't even scratch the surface.Treats the problem like a joke rather than the cause of our club's real and possibly terminal demise.
  • "Roland doesn't do failure."

Katrien does though ;-)
  • edited February 2016
  • PL54 said:

Some bloke got all aggressive with a steward in the front row, not sure why. His girlfriend - who was jumping up and down on the spot cackling like a loon the whole time - then suddenly tried to climb onto the pitch and was carried off upside down.

Cheers - I'd been ejected myself by that stage!
    Agree too that a boycott is the only way forward.Stupid badges and masks issued by well-meaning but clearly ineffective protest organisers don't even scratch the surface.Treats the problem like a joke rather than the cause of our club's real and possibly terminal demise.

So getting publicity all over the world, as well as the UK is ineffective ?

It's not rocket science to work out that Duchatelet must now be the target,
    Whether in Brussels, or on his trips to London mid week.

Has anyone got close enough to tell RD to his face he should Sell ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

sam3110 said:

Awful finishing sums us up, they scored from their first real opportunity and that was that. Harriott proving once again that for all the pace and trickery in the world, if you can't score from 8 yards out, completely unmarked and with the ball on your stronger side, you probably aren't good enough

Sadly I have to agree with this.
    Harriott scored from harder chances, so he can do it.
  • PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Cheers - I'd been ejected myself by that stage!
    But you're such a mild mannered person. Bloody stewards.
  • Could we have been possibly any worse in those last 4 overs?

Even club cricketers would struggle to be that bad for those last 7 wickets. Were we actually trying to pick out the fielders for the catches?

Schoolboy cricket, they should be embarrassed by that.

All that said, 171 still a decent target but should have been 200+

• I'm pretty sure I saw (and heard) the blonde girl in the park before the match. She had a can of cider in her hand!

This pretty much sounds like the girl who I met just before kick off. I was down near the front, she came pegging it down the stairs, bloke in tow, then slipped on her arse. Helped her up and she was wasted. Said she wanted to run on the pitch and wanted to know where row CC was (this happened in row E! Sense of direction; must be a woman thing?)! Quite a sort though in all honesty

Agree Boycott is the only answer. Shouting at someone who will not listen or isn't there to listen will not get their attention.
    Stop attending and it hits them in the pocket:
    Don't renew your season ticket it hits them in the pocket;
    Low crowds - no sponsorship and it hits them in the pocket
    No atmosphere - the TV will not attend it hits them in the pocket

The real supporters will know that the time to go back is when they have gone. You can justifiably say "but it is my club and I am a supporter" but they have told you very clearly it is their club and you are a customer. Show them vote with your feet.

• edited February 2016
    I was offered two free tickets for the game and so accepted them (against my better judgement!), however, they were from a Fulham season ticket holder, so I sat in the Fulham end, but I blended in with my black and white scarf on;-)

As previously mentioned by others already, we were (a lot) better in the first half. Our shooting was woeful throughout and during the second half, I remember we had a decent chance at 2-0 down that was wasted (by Harriott I think?), if we'd scored, at 2-1 it might have been game on for a comeback, but soon after they got a third and it was all over.

Re. the weird positional change when Motta came on, I saw him directing Solly to the middle....for a brief moment I thought Solly had gone centre-half! On the plus side, Motta looked a good footballer.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Anyone else in the pub after the game where the absolute helmet let off the red smoke bomb and the gaff had to be evacuated?

I was yeah, was enjoying a few pints was right next to it, couldn't see!
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

Anyone else in the pub after the game where the absolute helmet let off the red smoke bomb and the gaff had to be evacuated?

I was yeah, was enjoying a few pints was right next to it, couldn't see!

You mustve been right next to me then! Absolute muppet!
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Maybe, being asked to show your ticket three times could be deemed a minor or unnecessary irritation, but is it worth racial abuse? Doesn't seem worthy of repeatedly calling a young woman a "c***" and then getting mates to join in.
    PL54 said:

There were a number of lively characters in the first 10-15 rows. They had been arguing with stewards and each other for much of the game. After Harriott blazed over, it got worse. According to one of the photographers, a young man and woman went and sat in the front row for a few minutes, as they prepared to get on the pitch. When they tried, they were nabbed by the stewards, and latterly the cops.

Outraged that their fellow fans were being kept with the realms of the law, many others surged forwards and started shoving, screaming at, and racially abusing the staff.
    I certainly wasn't trying to justify any of the subsequent behaviour.

For most of the game the front few rows were largely empty (they weren't protected by the roof), it was only in the last 20 after each incident when people started moving to the front.
  • It has to be said the stewards were total scumbags yesterday.
  • "Roland doesn't do failurefuck all."

Fixed for you.
  • edited February 2016

I agree with all that has been said on here.

As St. Bragg of Barking sang "make your own revolution and cut out the middle man". I think organised and creative protest, AND boycotting AND whatever else you can come up with all adds up. We're all on the same side.
  • Charlton lose, Millwall win, Palace taking 9,000 to Spurs, decent acca ruined by f***ing Rochdale, I've got man flu and its raining.

Another happy Saturday in the world of Charlton.

Look forward to hearing from those there. Starting to look like 3 from 4 at the bottom now

Palace 9,000 and the OB only let us have 4,000. WTF is going on? Not fair.
  • Charlton lose, Millwall win, Palace taking 9,000 to Spurs, decent acca ruined by f***ing Rochdale, I've got man flu and its raining.

Look forward to hearing from those there. Starting to look like 3 from 4 at the bottom now

Community policing - saving us from unnecessary suffering.
  • One of you two must have done it.

Why is it that I feel their name is on the trophy? :(