Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fulham v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• 1StevieG said:

We always get hammered by Fulham... Never like this fixture... Still six points from safety, changes nothing

Only thing is we have not scored in 3 games and got 1 point from 9. Not mathematically impossible but we need to put on a run we have not done all season and hope the other teams around us do worse than us. It ain't happening.
    Thanks for the prediction, but until its mathematically possible I wont give up
    Trying.So.Hard.To.Maintain.My.Optimism.Too.

• At half time I was gutted as we were the better team. Second half I was angry, disappointed, dejected. The lack of effort in that last 45 minutes was embarrassing with only the Subs making it worse. JBG and Solly as centre midfield partners should never be seen again.
    I am sure Harriott will get abuse today but for me was the one who was the main positive going forward
  • Laundry basket, please.
  • Great support.
    Terrible football from a sh*t team.
    We are exactly where we deserve to be in the table.
  • I am glad people are calling them out. They just don't try hard enough. Too many happy to hide
  • So, after urging us to buy season tickets last year, have we built a better tomorrow?

The feck have we.

I am going to the out next Thursday anyway, and I'm not a member, but will somebody at the Bromley meeting ask Mel Baroni what the next slogan will be?
  • Driving in car listening to Matt Lawrence on BBC London after game slam our players. Questioned commitment, said there was no one who put a tackle in, definitely down, no leaders on pitch, wheres the pride, can tell players don't want to be there. Number of players not giving 100% etc

Rare to hear a footballer coat fellow pros in such a way.

A few interesting comments from Jimmy Stone tonight regarding players and their "desire" to be at the club and playing in games.

IMO every single loan player will be gone in the summer. Every singe out of contract player will be gone and every player worth more than thruppence will be made available.
  • Sponsored links:

• Driving in car listening to Matt Lawrence on BBC London after game slam our players. Questioned commitment, said there was no one who put a tackle in, definitely down, no leaders on pitch, wheres the pride, can tell players don't want to be there. Number of players not giving 100% etc

For sure after the 2nd goal we gave up, and it's very telling that all season 1-0 fairly easily becomes, 2, 3, 4. In other relegation seasons (think 98-99 especially), think how many 1-0 defeats we had.

But today i thought we put a decent shift in 1st half, we were getting tackles in, pressing well. But we can't defend set pieces, and we have no quality in the final 3rd, which is all the difference was today. And we're like that every sodding week.

I'm afraid i think Hendo is part of the problem for corners. I think teams know they can get at us, we have to pack the 6 yard box to protect him, and hence leave plenty of space for forwards following up
  • Lookman, Pope, Suk-Young, Johnson, Motta Fanni

What a bench.
  • At least it was nice to see a player on the pitch today who represents the better times

Scott Parker

He ran the show and mugged off a couple of our players to boot.
  • That's it. We are down. Better start planning for League 1 Roland you knobhead!
  • Woe woe and thrice woe

I expected a defeat at Hull and a draw at home with Cardiff, but though the other 4 games under Riga were all winnable. Instead we pick up a win, a draw and 2 defeats from them despite now having a reinforced squad with 10 full internationals.

Result? We now have 8 fewer points than I thought possible when Riga took over.

Consequence? We'll be lucky to end 2015-2016 with 36 points given the remaining fixtures. Relegation.

I wasn't at the game, but, following the BBC feed it looks like the usual thing that has blighted us this season: we play ok for stretches but don't take chances and then make simple defensive errors.

Be interesting to see what type of squad we end up with by August. 2016-2017 already looks a nightmare.
  • Lookman, Pope

BR3red said:

At least it was nice to see a player on the pitch today who represents the better times

Scott Parker

He ran the show and mugged off a couple of our players to boot.
    And he in his 30s - total class and proud that he was nurtured and brought on by our club - yes Chelsea turned his head, but he has had an excellent career - top player

A few interesting comments from Jimmy Stone tonight regarding players and their "desire" to be at the club and playing in games.

IMO every single loan player will be gone in the summer. Every singe out of contract player will be gone and every player worth more than thruppence will be made available.
    Probably a fair assessment on all except for Solly. The rest were awful once we went behind. Tbf I think JBG tries but is horribly out of form.

If KF had taken DP and Ba off and moved CS and JBG in there for 30 mins he'd have been crucified on here. No idea what Riga was thinking other than to save legs for Tuesday.
  • We always get hammered by Fulham... Never like this fixture... Still six points from safety, changes nothing

Seven with the goal difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016

That's it. We are down. Better start planning for League 1 Roland you knobhead!

Correction slightly if I may....League one technically yes...but I bet Roland is already planning for this time next year...and relegation to League 2. He can then think even further ahead and plan for Vanarama in 3 years...sell Valley, move us to share with....Bromley/Wokng/Ebbsfleet/Dartford and tell us that we can have a great day out with family and friends!!
  • Absolute dogshit.

Leaving aside all of the behind the scenes turmoil, there is no way we should be blindly accepting such a poor performance from the manager and players
  • 1StevieG said:

We always get hammered by Fulham... Never like this fixture... Still six points from safety, changes nothing

Only thing is we have not scored in 3 games and got 1 point from 9. Not mathematically impossible but we need to put on a run we have not done all season and hope the other teams around us do worse than us. It ain't happening.
    Thanks for the prediction, but until its mathematically possible I wont give up
    Why?
  • We started off really well, but once we let that first goal in, the rot set in and we were doomed. We just can't pick ourselves up when we concede a goal.
  • Players should know performances like that 2nd half one today are unacceptable ! A few fans show up at sparrows lane for training and let them know that? Like they do in Italy
  • @sethplum...I really love your post and sentiment...sadly that is NOT what RD wants..he wants League 2 and sell all our youngsters to keep us going..he will never agree to pre-season etc, as that will get the players fit!! If we do that it will ruin his master-plan of working within FFP rules that don't exist other than in his senile head!!
  • Also, can someone explain how RD/KM are responsible for the complete lack of threat we have from our own set pieces?
  • Only positive I can take from today was the boat ride down the Thames. Great fun.