Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace 1 Bournemouth 2 - worth opening a new thread for :-)

Comments

• Options
    Here's the thing... People say that Palarse will spend in the Summer but will they... Is Josh Harris one of these blokes who is keen to open his purse strings (he didnt rush to buy a Football club after all)

Or is he a tight bugger like Roland who we all thought would splash the cash to begin with?
  • Options
    bizarre how all the papers yesterday were going on about the 'controversial' penalty... the guy took his foot away when he was running into the box, clear as day. didn't realise having a massive hissy fit in the post-match interview was enough to cast doubt on a clear enough decision...
  • Options
    Stonewall, which is a shame as it makes the situation less funny. :-1:
  • Options
    I don't know why they were banging on about it being the 96th minute? It is either a penalty or it isn't (it was)

If They are saying it wasn't a pen then the time makes no difference but if they are saying it was a pen are they suggesting they should have been let off as it was getting on a bit?

Stripy pricks
  • Options
    Dive or not, why is Delaney going to ground from that angle? Silly.
  • Options

"A Crystal Palace fan has set up a petition demanding Liverpool are docked points for Christian Benteke's 'dive'":

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-should-docked-six-points-11006525

HAHAHAHA

Can we set one up to rescind their promotion for all the dives Andy Johnson and Glenda Murrey did to gain their penalties in their promotion season?

They really are such a silly club
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Saw this on a Sunderland forum and thought it was really funny. (Sunderland fans obviously hate Pardew as much as we do.) It looks like Liverpool fans' direct response to Palace fans' petition mentioned above. :lol:

https://www.change.org/p/football-coat-association-ban-alan-pardew-and-fine-crystal-palace-fc-6-jackets?

Petitioning Football Coat Association

Ban Alan Pardew and fine Crystal Palace FC 6 Jackets

During the Premier League game on Sunday 6th March 2016 between Crystal Palace and Liverpool in the 96th minute Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew ABUSED his defenceless coat after Liverpool was awarded a fair penalty which subsequently damaged the seams and zip.
    According to the football coat association or "FCA" throwing or "whippping the coat" is against the rules and childlike in nature.
    We, fans of Liverpool, demand that the FCA look into this decision and if found that Alan Pardew did violently abuse his coat he should be put on the naughty step for a number of games and Crystal Palace FC "CPFC" to be fined 6 North Face jackets at a minimum.
    We understand that the damage to the coat cannot be changed but the FCA need to come down on this sort of thing. For the good of the jackets and for the good of the sport.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Signed.
  • Options
    I am gobsmacked at all of the fuss, as other have said above, it was a clear penalty.

Delaney goes off of his feet, so loses control of his movement, and then his knee clearly clips the back heel of Benteke, who rightly goes down.

Given some of the theatrics of Bolasie, Zaha and others in a Palace shirt, you'd think that they'd cop this one on the chin and move on.

However given the character and previous of their manager, perhaps the furore isn't too surprising.
  • Options
    Although I obviously found it hilarious......in all seriousness, if that contact warrants a free kick of any kind then they may as well take tackling out of the game.

I would think it difficult to make less contact than was made in that tackle.

It is sadly becoming a non contact sport.

• Options

Delaney goes off of his feet, so loses control of his movement, and then his knee clearly clips the back heel of Benteke, who rightly goes down.

This attitude is the scourge of football, and referees have improved the game by refusing to adhere to it. "Rightly goes down" is complete bullshit. If he wasn't impeded (I don't believe Benteke was impeded on any level) then contact is irrelevant and choosing to fall over is a booking.

It's just in this case I'm exceptionally happy that the linesman bought it, and the Palace reaction has been cringe-inducing and hugely entertaining.
  • Options
    World class divers Zaha & Bolasie starting for Palace this evening for Palace.
    Following Pardew's rant last weekend, Palace nailed on for a Pen.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    JiMMy 85 said:

This attitude is the scourge of football, and referees have improved the game by refusing to adhere to it. "Rightly goes down" is complete bullshit. If he wasn't impeded (I don't believe Benteke was impeded on any level) then contact is irrelevant and choosing to fall over is a booking.

It's just in this case I'm exceptionally happy that the linesman bought it, and the Palace reaction has been cringe-inducing and hugely entertaining.
    An admirable sentiment, but this isn't Corinthian Casuals vs Royal Engineers in 1880!

Top class defenders and strikers are playing a high speed game of Chess, if Benteke - or any other striker - can lure a defender into making even the slightest physical contact in the box then they will go down every time.

Defenders are not guilt free here either, look at the illegal physical holding that goes on at set-pieces or other unpunished foul play such as shirt holding that prevents goals being scored.

Part of the art of defending is using your body to block an attacker without actually making physical contact with his legs - once you clip his ankles, calves, knees or wherever then you have very likely given away a penalty.
  • Options
    Palace singing to Reading 'going down with the Charlton' haha.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Palace singing to Reading 'going down with the Charlton' haha.

I heard that, that's a funny thing to chant about a team you don't care about.
  • Options
    Please be a God and Reading win.
  • Options

see what I mean...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palarse can shut the hell up about the Liverpool penalty now... Joke of a dive from Bolasie, was never a pen as the ball was never under his control and was already with the Goalkeeper!!
  • Options
    What a stupid penalty to give away.
  • Options

Called it!
  • Options
    What was that Pardew about players going down as if they had been shot?
  • Options
    Cheating cnut Bolasie
  • Options
    This is the season that just keeps on giving innit...

:-(
  • Options
    Wembley isn't a great prize , they were only there a few seasons back!
  • Options
    Now the c***s are at Wembley. This season just gets worse and worse.
  • Options

Called it!
    Why do you think Pardew does it, week after week, after week?
    Because he knows if he does so, that referees will be under more pressure to give Palace something or they will be on the receiving end next.
    Pardew continually calls in to question the integrity of referees and the FA do nothing.
    He is a cunt and they are arseholes for allowing it.
  • Options
    Horrible, horrible, horrible. I'm moving to Tibet, I cannot take this any more.