Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace 1 Bournemouth 2 - worth opening a new thread for :-)

Comments

• Options
    They still might go down. Keep the faith!

I wouldn't put it past them sacking him and getting a proper manager in.
  • Options
    Enjoy your weekend Pardpoo, you big nosed deluded twat!
  • Options
    Being pessimistic, I can see them staying up this year fairly easily.

Next year they'll start terribly, but because of how this season has ended, they'll get rid of Pardew early on, and get someone else in who will keep them up - unlike us, they've got a pretty good track record of picking managers.

Mind you, I don't know who would go there next...
  • Options
    Pardew's sky interview haha how can anyone think he could ever be England manager?

I agree with Jamie Carragher.
  • Options
    Love to see Palace go down and sack Pardew. But not if Rat and Pinocchio bring him back to spite us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace staying up?
    Don't bet on it Al ;-)
  • Options
    I'd say they still need one more win to be safe but given they've already gone 12 without a win i'd find it difficult to see them going on a total run of 21 games without a win. Even then they'd probably tick over with enough draws even if they don't win again.

I don't get why he had a pop at Jeff Shreeves either. Pardew said they were bad subs so Jeff is well within his rights to ask Pardew why he said that.

Palace have had many a dodgy penalty go there way ever since the season they got promoted to The Premier League. in fact I believe only Man City (19) have been awarded more penalties during Palace's current Premier League reign (16) and I dread to think how many they got when they got promoted too. So when a dodgy one actually goes against Palace it's all the more enjoyable.
  • Options

I am sure they are safe, but at least the descent will cost them millions in TV money when they finish up 16th instead of top 8.

Still very enjoyable.

And should they finish between 15th - 17th I wonder how this sits with Palace's recent US investors who must have injected their cash when Palace were around 8th in the table? Could possibly mean less money available for Pardew to waste in the summer despite the new TV deal?
  • Options
    I thought the US money was supposed to redevelop the shite hole that is selhurst park?

• Options
    Can't see them going down. They've got a bit of a gap and should pick up a few more points by the end.

Regarding Pard moaning, we all know that nothing is ever his fault and decisions are always wrong and go against his teams.
    It was a penalty, and even if it wasn't any team who reaped the benefits of Andy Johnson's diving for years can never complain about penalty decisions like that.
  • Options
    lol just watched on motd. pardew is such a dick
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

It was so hard to convince people who don't know him how much of an overrated manager, and frankly nasty soul he really is. Even after that interview some would assume he's justifiably upset. We can watch that and know, that's his true self coming out.

There's a Nigel at work who has been very smug over the last year or so. When Pardoo was appointed, I told him 'impact manager' and he laughed at me.

Still, it's my fault for trying to reach out to some poor lost soul from Croydon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He won't have to worry about Thursday nights in the Europa League.
  • Options
    hope one day soon we're as shit as palace are now
  • Options

hope one day soon we're as shit as palace are now

Hope you have a lot of patience.
  • Options
    Well we last finished above them in our relegation season from the Prem , so in all honesty it's wearing thin but we are above the scum (for this season)
    so I'm lucky enough to be more than happy with that but obviously once this season is finished that prolly won't happen again until we get rid of our weird owners
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

It was so hard to convince people who don't know him how much of an overrated manager, and frankly nasty soul he really is. Even after that interview some would assume he's justifiably upset. We can watch that and know, that's his true self coming out.

I feel exactly the same. On the Chinese football forum I often go to, there're a lot of people who obviously like him very much. Whenever there's a news piece about him, some would go 'ooooh what a great manager he is!!' etc. It makes me feel sick. I used to try to tell them he's an average manger with an extremely arrogant personality. But they just didn't seem to be bothered with what I kept saying. It was like a waste of time trying to convince these people (they probably have been only following the Premier League for a short time anyway) so nowadays I just tend to ignore those comments.

Palace will mostly likely stay up this year I think as the teams below them are poorer. The thing I look forward to is how they will do next year. Hope their bad form and bad luck continue all the way to the new season.
  • Options
    Sadly Palace have got money behind them now and no doubt Pardew is looking forward to spending it
  • Options
    The beginning of the end for Palace. They'll be back down scrapping for mid-table in the Champ within 3 years.