Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watt to remain at The Valley (ed. GONE Blackburn to get much needed game time again)

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options

Lambert will get him playing. Scottish and a Celtic legend. Slade got him playing because he's a proper manager.

Is anyone surprised that a bunch of network donkeys weren't held in high esteem by Tony?

Did Slade get him playing, I don't recall him setting the world alight whilst at Cardiff, do you know the stats?
    Agreed. We also have to consider the length of time. Luzon "got him playing" last season for a few months when he first arrived at the Valley. I think it has little or nothing to do with the manager/head coach and a lot to do with the player's attitude. He seems to start off well and fade away. If what was mentioned earlier in this thread was true re Watt feigning injury on his return from his loan spell with Cardiff, then I'm amazed people still want him here. That is the definition of stealing a living. Trying to get out of playing a match for the club that is paying your wages. Good riddance! Riga wants to focus on players who want to be at Charlton and that is what we need if we are to get out of trouble.
  • Options

Hawksby & Jacobs (Talksport) were interviewing a guy on their show yesterday afternoon discussing the betting culture within clubs nowadays, especially the younger players. He mentioned he knew of at least one Championship footballer who has had to be moved on because he was cheating at cards on the team bus. Sums of money as high as £5k were mentioned?

Could this be our Tony?

Heard this yesterday on the show and thought the same thing.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115955&headline=%22I%20was%20never%20going%20to%20stay%20at%20Charlton%20Athletic%22%20%2D%20parting%20shot%20from%20Tony%20Watt%20after%20Blackburn%20switch&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

Tony Watt has revealed he had no intention of staying at Charlton - even after his move to Cardiff collapsed.

The 22-year-old was loaned to Blackburn until the end of the season and netted on his debut, a 3-0 victory at Oxford in the FA Cup.

Watt featured against Rovers the weekend before when he was picked to play for Charlton after a transfer embargo scrapped plans for a permanent move to City.

“I was never staying at Charlton,” said Watt. “A lot of things happened behind the scenes that I can’t really speak about that kind of left me a bit disheartened and sad.“It’s a beautiful club but just one of those things. I’m not there anymore and don’t really want to talk about it.

“I’m happy I’ve moved on and we’ll see what happens come the summer.

“I’d love to be at Blackburn long-term, working for the gaffer.

“I had passed every stage of three days of medicals at Cardiff and was about to sign on the dotted line when I got a text they were under embargo.

“I’m a big believer that what is for you won’t go past you. Now I’m at a massive club.

“My last three games have been with different clubs, so I’m happy just to be settled.”

• Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Now I’m at a massive club.

....with a lower average attendance then us this season.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115955&headline=%22I%20was%20never%20going%20to%20stay%20at%20Charlton%20Athletic%22%20%2D%20parting%20shot%20from%20Tony%20Watt%20after%20Blackburn%20switch&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

Tony Watt has revealed he had no intention of staying at Charlton - even after his move to Cardiff collapsed.

The 22-year-old was loaned to Blackburn until the end of the season and netted on his debut, a 3-0 victory at Oxford in the FA Cup.

Watt featured against Rovers the weekend before when he was picked to play for Charlton after a transfer embargo scrapped plans for a permanent move to City.

“I was never staying at Charlton,” said Watt. “A lot of things happened behind the scenes that I can’t really speak about that kind of left me a bit disheartened and sad.“It’s a beautiful club but just one of those things. I’m not there anymore and don’t really want to talk about it.

“I’m happy I’ve moved on and we’ll see what happens come the summer.

“I’d love to be at Blackburn long-term, working for the gaffer.

“I had passed every stage of three days of medicals at Cardiff and was about to sign on the dotted line when I got a text they were under embargo.

“I’m a big believer that what is for you won’t go past you. Now I’m at a massive club.

“My last three games have been with different clubs, so I’m happy just to be settled.”

Good riddance in that case.
  • Options
    Helmet.

Oh, sorry, wrong thread.

Still. Helmet.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

If he's left us then why can't he talk about what's gone on?

Sometimes it would be good to hear the story, maybe then we can hear both sides rather than all this gossip, rumour, innuendo.

He is only on loan right now, he is still an employee of the club. The truth might come out once he he sold/given away or whatever it is they decide to do with him.
  • Options
    Fair point, but would it come out then as his new employers may think oo'er we've signed a troublemaker.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Fair point, but would it come out then as his new employers may think oo'er we've signed a troublemaker.

watt if watt wasnt the troublemaker?

see watt i did there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At a club as sick as ours with as much chance of exiting the division as ours. Massive? never and certainly not now. As the Dingles have been posting all week on the local paper's message boards "Another Twatt in Blackburn". Lambert not setting pulses racing and Rhodes lining up against them tomorrow with a nice brace to say thanks for the memories.
  • Options
    Replaced on 56 mins today, not sure if injured or whether still can't last 60 mins.
  • Options
    Apparently full of unsuccessful tricks 40 yards from goal.....
  • Options
    Curbs still clinging onto the chance he might get a job maybe?
  • Options
    Blackburn currently beating Fulham 1-0 thanks to a penalty, Tony Watt is only on the bench
  • Options

Blackburn currently beating Fulham 1-0 thanks to a penalty, Tony Watt is only on the bench

We could do with him coming on and starting a fight with McCormack, resulting in red cards for them both and McCormack suspended for Saturday

A draw would probably be the best result
  • Options

We could do with him coming on and starting a fight with McCormack, resulting in red cards for them both and McCormack suspended for Saturday

A draw would probably be the best result
    Or just putting McCormack away with a heed-butt. Concussion....mandatory week off etc.
  • Options
    Watt being used sparingly again today. Another collection of arse splinters today against MK Franchise.
  • Options
    I liked Watt, but he isn't fit to lace Yann's boots.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Vaz Te said Watt is lazy etc, then Watt really must be.
  • Options
    Perhaps they are just keeping him like an ace up their sleeve.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I liked Watt, but he isn't fit to lace Yann's boots.

It's a mystery how he managed to become a professional footballer then...

Though, after the night before, all that reaching way, way down can be quite exhausting.
  • Options
    On a good day Tony Magic feet is the Wizzard of the dribble.

On a bad day Tony two left feet is the Dizzard of the Wibble.