Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watt to remain at The Valley (ed. GONE Blackburn to get much needed game time again)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Firstly I'm a massive TWWW fan but it's not factually correct to say we have nobody else like him. We have Ade Lookman (when fit) and if it really is a matter of budgets, and you have to choose between them..... Which one would you want to keep?

Lookman's on his first pro deal and started the season in the u18s, can't imagine he's earning much at all?
    Nail / head interface.

I like Lookman and hope he's serious Roy Race material. He'll need to be thanks to the lunatics running the asylum.
  • Options
    Watt being shoved out the door again after playing Saturday is going to really undermine all that PR work the club have been doing to suggest Riga is his own man with any control over who is in his squad.

He might be the most likeable of the bunch but Jose is still one of them.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

He's gonna sell us, I can smell it </blockquote
    Down the river ...

• Options
    Riga another puppet for sure, just tried his best to appear his own man, and why would he not, just a ploy to keep us on side.
  • Options
    Riga is head coach.

Picks the squad and tactics, takes training.

Not to blame imo.

P.s welcome back Piotr Parzyszek maybe?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

"Hard to manage"

The most utterly pathetic phrase and excuse I've ever heard if this is 100% the case and reason why he's going Blackburn.

Be a MAN....and a man manager! Force him to see the light.

Confessing that a good player, a potential match winner on his day is hard to manage, basically says I've given up and I am shit. If from either the club or manager himself.

If Tony Watt is an absolute tosser, too imature and un-managable then why was he scoring and performing for Cardiff? So its Charlton that are the problem? The two don't mix?

Tony is a young man that can be tamed in either direction and everyone knows his potential if managed correctly ...and has bags of football in him.

If your his boss you persistently either put him in his place when necessary or put an arm round the shoulder when neccessary, its more complicated then that but at the same time not rocket science..... He is a valuable asset that needs guidance and direction why aren't we motivated to get him performing? Instead of shopping for a replacement that's probably to late to capture now.

Charlton "Lazy c*nts" Athletic.

This is very true. It's why they get paid to manage. Otherwise they would just be paid for watching from a not very good seat pitch side.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I absolutely understand that with Watt it's not all about goals, but there was talk on here of him being our goal threat. Yes, he can scare defenses by running at them, and hopefully create for himself and others in doing so (3 assists this season). Again, it seems that he either 1) directly doesn't want to be here and has asked away, or 2) he has personality/attitude issues that mean he cannot fit in with the others. I suspect he is being loaned instead of sold because we can't find a buyer. My guess is his reputation very much precedes him.

As to where the club are failing, first off not having a proper manager for a good 2-3 months, one who might have been able to intervene, was a huge blow. But beyond that, not having a chief scout and director of football, and given that we seem to be trying to hit financial targets without a sustained, implemented vision, leaves us in a place where we are going to lose a good player and don't look to have a replacement. For me, that is the crime here. Given where we are, it is always possible we will lose our best players, and being second from bottom only makes the vultures circle.

But we would be in the same position if Watt had broken his leg, say. If that happens, we should have an infrastructure of people who know both what the manager wants for the short term, and the type of player who can benefit the club in the longer term, have targets identified, and start negotiations straight away. This should have happened in November.

Given that we have a lot (numerically) in terms of forwards, many of whom (RVT, Lookie, Reza, Callum, JBG, CC if fit) can play as wide attackers, I think we need to be looking for a creative midfielder. The option to play 4-3-3 would be great, but a central trio of Cousins, Poyet, and JJ/Diarra/Ba desperately lacks creativity. You have good workrate, good shielding of the defense, but I just don't see anyone who can unpick defenses.

There have been some terrible car crash personalities playing football over the years. Are we to believe that Cardiff just didn't spot his?
  • Options
    So there we have it, the owners aren't bothered what Division we play in. The Mad Professor told us that winning football matches wasn't important to him, this is another example. Charlton Alexandra.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    He's gone and I will soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What the .... Is going on? ( no pun intended)
    The only real flair player we have. Why could the club not manage him?
    There had better be a top forward joining the club in the next few days.
    KM and RD really do have contempt for the club.
    So much for the regime learning and listening to fans.
  • Options
    Think I'm going to throw my toys out my pram tomorrow sulk and row with my workmates
    And maybe I might get loaned out??
    No ill be told to get on with it as they pay my wages or be sacked
  • Options
    In other news: "Jordan Rhodes will have a medical at Middlesbrough on Saturday after an initial £9m fee was agreed. Deal could rise to £13m"

Why didn't we wait another few days and then asked for a chunk of that £9m? Now Blackburn are strengthened with money and a replacement for dirt cheap.
  • Options
    A boycott is the only option.
  • Options

There have been some terrible car crash personalities playing football over the years. Are we to believe that Cardiff just didn't spot his?

No, but I suspect they felt they could turn him around...as we did this time last year. And they might well have been right. I called out the fact that we did not have a proper manager from November-January, and given what we're hearing about Luzon (not surprising at all given his tactics, or lack thereof), quite possibly beforehand. That was the mistake for me. This is simply things playing out.

This is not a mess that was created today, this is something that has been problematic for some time. For me, that's why it's kind of surprising that this is the straw that breaks the camel's back for so many. I genuinely thought he'd gone when he went to Cardiff, and it was only through the fluke of them getting a transfer ban that he didn't join them. All that did was prolong the saga. The mistakes (by both the club and Watt I suspect) were made months ago.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Never used bad language on this site ever.

But the words that come to mind are

What a bunch of utter useless cunts!!!

Looking forward to my first flag!

Sums up the feelings of most to be fair
  • Options

In other news: "Jordan Rhodes will have a medical at Middlesbrough on Saturday after an initial £9m fee was agreed. Deal could rise to £13m"

Why didn't we wait another few days and then asked for a chunk of that £9m? Now Blackburn are strengthened with money and a replacement for dirt cheap.

Replacing Rhodes with Watt is like replacing Messi with Danny Green.
    Agree. Wonder what Blackburn supporters are thinking tonight? They must have thought they'd gone through the mill with Venkys and were on their way back up. Losing Rhodes and gaining Watt!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Look Riga has had him a week or so and probably doesn't like his attitude in training ! Blackburn get a windfall from the sale of Rhodes and have probably negotiated a deal for 2 mil if they like him in loan period. All well and good if we can go out and sign a top championship level striker now ! Which we know will never happen. Hello League One.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Regardless of what goes on behind the scenes Charlton played better with Watt than without him. We are in a deep crises and every asset should be utilised to obtain a result on match days - the rest is mere detail.

I’m sure that Olympic gold medalist Ben Hunt-Davis might ask, “Will it make the boat go faster?”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlTfbGemGcM

• Options

_MrDick said:

All I can say is we must have someone sheethot lined up to replace him ... oh hold on

jaihn jarzyszek
    It's Polish Pete - however you try to disguise the name.
  • Options

Much has recently been said by the club about the need to communicate better with the fans. Well here is yet another example where they have failed miserably. Here is a decision that has left fans perplexed, disappointed and disillusioned. Yet all the official site can offer is a report outlining his achievements in the game thus far. That might be of use to Blackburn fans, but to us, it's simply rubbing more salt into our wounds. Give us a clue Charlton, then perhaps we may be able to accept this decision. Was it Watt's choice, Riga's, Roland's, why the desperate need to offload probably the best striker we had at the club?
    Any statement doesn't need to be specific, something like "following discussions with the player and Jose Riga, it was decided that a move away from the club was the best option for both parties". That would at least tell us that Watt didn't want to stay and Jose didn't want him to stay. We could then perhaps accept and move on. As it is, rumours are left to fester and the mistrust continues to grow.

Watt is nowhere near the best striker at the club, that is Igor. I'm sure if Watt wanted to stay he would have. You cant push water uphill I'm afraid.

• Options
    At least Watt occupies the opposition defence - wouldn't have said Igor's done that for some time.
  • Options
    Spanish said:

Much has recently been said by the club about the need to communicate better with the fans. Well here is yet another example where they have failed miserably. Here is a decision that has left fans perplexed, disappointed and disillusioned. Yet all the official site can offer is a report outlining his achievements in the game thus far. That might be of use to Blackburn fans, but to us, it's simply rubbing more salt into our wounds. Give us a clue Charlton, then perhaps we may be able to accept this decision. Was it Watt's choice, Riga's, Roland's, why the desperate need to offload probably the best striker we had at the club?
    Any statement doesn't need to be specific, something like "following discussions with the player and Jose Riga, it was decided that a move away from the club was the best option for both parties". That would at least tell us that Watt didn't want to stay and Jose didn't want him to stay. We could then perhaps accept and move on. As it is, rumours are left to fester and the mistrust continues to grow.

Watt is nowhere near the best striker at the club, that is Igor. I'm sure if Watt wanted to stay he would have. You cant push water uphill I'm afraid.

Someone should have told Archimedes...
  • Options
    What does Katrien Meire have to do to get the sack?
  • Options
    What I think it boils down to:
    Selling watt isn't necessarily a problem,
    Not signing a proper replacement is.

-Makienok seems to have lost all confidence (I think he's a pretty good target man on his day)

-Vetokele was good for the first 10 games or so, but is now a cripple so who knows if the first 10 games or the cripple that is the real Vetokele.

-Lookman is good but we can't press all our hopes on him alone

-With KAG on loan and Vaz Te's departure seemingly imminent, I can see us promoting Umerah (who went to my school btw- I'm famous) to the first team.

In terms of attacking threat, the fall from grace of Gudmundsson has played a major part in our lack of creativity this season IMO, he was lethal last season and papered over the lack of creativity in central midfield. I'm not sure our forwards have done that much wrong in recent games, it's more that we lack any creativity from midfield.
  • Options
    Crewe of the South
  • Options
    Bizarre, was speaking to a friend last night who's son goes on on the lash with TW, and a few other Charlton players..was telling me that Tony thought the Charlton fans didn't like him.. Weird if true.

Also mentioned a lot of the Charlton players won't go out locally as they feel the fans don't like them.

Gets weirder and weirder everyday