Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watt to remain at The Valley (ed. GONE Blackburn to get much needed game time again)

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    So he says what was going on behind the scenes meant he was never going to be staying with us and Riga basically saying he didn't want to be here because he was not up for the relegation battle. I know who I believe and it ain't the billy big spud. And why does he keep asking to be subbed every time he gets a niggle? Man up ffs.
  • Options
    Did a Riga give him a chance against Blackburn to see if he was worth 'saving' ?

Or

Did RD ask for him to be played so he was in the shop window ?
  • Options
    Shop window.
  • Options
    With Rhodes gone, we need Watt to score as many goals for Blackburn as he did for us
  • Options
    Feck him, move on
  • Options
    ross1 said:

With Rhodes gone, we need Watt to score as many goals for Blackburn as he did for us

See that happening as well... Reckon Blackburn are well and truly in the brown stuff now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Watt being shoved out the door again after playing Saturday is going to really undermine all that PR work the club have been doing to suggest Riga is his own man with any control over who is in his squad.

He might be the most likeable of the bunch but Jose is still one of them.

What a load of bollocks and let's be honest most of this tread is total bollocks .... Riga gave him a chance to prove himself simple but very quickly it was clear he did not to be here and was not committed to the cause ... The heated exchange with Jason Euell was enough for Riga and Watt after the game asked to leave the club
    When was this heated arguement with Euell ?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35474231

seems like a bit of a wanker after reading that, who knows what goes on in our club though if duchalet ordered him to be sent out on loan hes not going to admit he wasnt wanted is he, so may be making the best of a bad situation?, or he doesnt get on with anyone thinks hes better than us, of course the irony would be is if they got dragged into the relegation fight and we get out of it both of course possible, got to feel for blackburn fans they sell rhodes and get watt, hes good but no where near as good.
  • Options

seems like a bit of a wanker after reading that, who knows what goes on in our club though if duchalet ordered him to be sent out on loan hes not going to admit he wasnt wanted is he, so may be making the best of a bad situation?, or he doesnt get on with anyone thinks hes better than us, of course the irony would be is if they got dragged into the relegation fight and we get out of it both of course possible, got to feel for blackburn fans they sell rhodes and get watt, hes good but no where near as good.

Then again, if they get relegated in part because he doesn't score, they are less likely to exercise their option to buy...
  • Options
    I reckon if he was the wronged one, we would have heard about it from him.
    As yet no word to thank the charlton fans for their support....
    I still wouldn't mind betting at the end of the loan Blackburn won't want go sign him. But I guess that time will tell.

• Options

A strange saga, he's saying all right things from a Blackburn point of view, but big club? Their average gate is worse than ours!

They have won a title in the premier league era/his lifetime, that counts for something
    Over 20 years ago. Pompey and Wiganhave won the FA c

Then again, if they get relegated in part because he doesn't score, they are less likely to exercise their option to buy...
    If Blackburn get relegated and we stay up, that's an outcome I'm prepared to risk...
  • Options

A strange saga, he's saying all right things from a Blackburn point of view, but big club? Their average gate is worse than ours!

They have won a title in the premier league era/his lifetime, that counts for something
    christ i'm old...
  • Options
    L

christ i'm old...
    Blimey, don't let squirrel face hear you say that or you won't be able to get in.
  • Options
    Fuk.tony watt he don't want to stick it to the regime and support the team then fuck him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:

I liked Watt. Exciting, unpredictable, irritated opposition, made things happen. But nowhere near being good or important enough to justify this continued debate. Really. Move on.

Unlike Yann - now, there was a Charlton legend. Feel free to continue moping about his departure.

All true. But equally you could claim he is/was flash, mercurial and irritated his own team mates. He had a lot of talent, he still has a lot of talent in fact. But he's never been a real team player; even when he was playing really well it was because the team was basically set up to give him the ball and let him go do his thing. Which when it worked, was fantastic. When it doesn't we're wasting players like JBG and Harriott (in Riga Mode) to feed Watt's ego.

If he doesn't want to be here then he's got no place here for me.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

So he says what was going on behind the scenes meant he was never going to be staying with us and Riga basically saying he didn't want to be here because he was not up for the relegation battle. I know who I believe and it ain't the billy big spud. And why does he keep asking to be subbed every time he gets a niggle? Man up ffs.

That wasn't the case at the beginning of the season.
    In the Daggers League cup match at the valley on August 11th
    4-1 win, Tony Watt was kicked By Noseworthy who was booked in the
    15th minutes, Tony limped his way through until the 62rd minute.
    Luzon was trying to get Tony off for some time, you could see from their touchline debate what was going on. Watt played on the Saturday against Forest, when he still had problems and subsequently was out until the 12th September.
    From the couple of short conversation i had with Tony, he was happy when he played( told me he was gutted when only on bench for the QPR game after a bust up with Luzon)

I will miss Magic feet, but he is like a rodeo horse, only Russel Slade so far has managed to reign him in.

• Options

He's clearly confused as well. Thinks he's gone to Sheffield Wednesday!

"I'm a believer that everything happens for a reason and now I'm at a massive club," he told BBC Radio Lancashire.
  • Options
    If he's a believer that everything happens for a reason... Why has he had so many clubs, surely he's in control of that and needs to review why those things are happening for a reason?
  • Options
    Hawksby & Jacobs (Talksport) were interviewing a guy on their show yesterday afternoon discussing the betting culture within clubs nowadays, especially the younger players. He mentioned he knew of at least one Championship footballer who has had to be moved on because he was cheating at cards on the team bus. Sums of money as high as £5k were mentioned?

Could this be our Tony?
  • Options

Hawksby & Jacobs (Talksport) were interviewing a guy on their show yesterday afternoon discussing the betting culture within clubs nowadays, especially the younger players. He mentioned he knew of at least one Championship footballer who has had to be moved on because he was cheating at cards on the team bus. Sums of money as high as £5k were mentioned?

Could this be our Tony?

I wouldn't play your joker on this;

Our lads only play snap for ?

• Options
    Lambert will get him playing. Scottish and a Celtic legend. Slade got him playing because he's a proper manager.

Is anyone surprised that a bunch of network donkeys weren't held in high esteem by Tony?
  • Options

Lambert will get him playing. Scottish and a Celtic legend. Slade got him playing because he's a proper manager.

Is anyone surprised that a bunch of network donkeys weren't held in high esteem by Tony?

Did Slade get him playing, I don't recall him setting the world alight whilst at Cardiff, do you know the stats?