Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet anybody???? (ed. on loan for rest of season)

Comments

• Options
    Realistically we need to keep Watt and Lookman, or get Vetokele back to fitness and get Poyet and Kermogant or equivalent, get a midfielder, 2 defenders in plus a competent manager in order to be a team worth watching.

Realistically that isn't going to happen.
  • Options
    If Johnson is coming back then keep an eye on Fox as when they played next to eachother last time Fox improved big time as Johnson's was talking to him telling him what to do and that helped Fox big time

Would be well Happy is Poyet returned and partnered Cousins in centre mid
  • Options
    We are still woefully short in midfield creativity. Until that is adequately addressed we will struggle scoring enough goals.

Happy for Poyet to return but him, Jordan and Diarra or Jackson won't create too much.
  • Options

We are still woefully short in midfield creativity. Until that is adequately addressed we will struggle scoring enough goals.

Happy for Poyet to return but him, Jordan and Diarra or Jackson won't create too much.

A fir Harriott and Gudmundsen will help on that front
  • Options

A fir Harriott and Gudmundsen will help on that front
    Didn't before and neither are creative central midfielders.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    magic1999 said:

If Johnson is coming back then keep an eye on Fox as when they played next to eachother last time Fox improved big time as Johnson's was talking to him telling him what to do and that helped Fox big time

Yep. I heard him. "Run Fox ffs run and if you get the ball try and it keep it on the grass !"

Joking aside, you're quite right. Fox started to look half decent playing alongside Johnson.
  • Options

A midfield 3 of Poyet, Cousins and JoBerg doesn't sound too bad to me. Combative, energetic and skillful.

Early days but Harriott looks like he might be maturing into a decent winger for the left side. The problem becomes who you play wide right if we play 4-2-3-1. Look man I guess but whoever it is needs to do the work required to support Solly and not expose the full back. Maybe if Yann returns he can take up the number 10 roll off of, probably, Vaz Te. Guddy can then play right and Lookman can be used a bit more sparingly for impact as a young talent like him ideally should be.
  • Options

Anyone's dad would be a better manager than what we have now

Including Duchalets Dad?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DP was a water carrier in his spell for us but can do much more than that. Like the way he immediately moves when he gets the ball, opening his options. Can see him at head of a diamond threading passes through for pacy runners like Igor & Lookman.
  • Options

Poyet coming back, Johnson coming back, Kermorgant coming back.........anyone would think we didn't have a chief scout!

Can just imagine the Belgians sitting around a table, going through the squad lists of old matchday programmes trying to find players they actually knew.

That would be funny if I didn't think that it was probably true. Although I'll be happy to see both players back (maybe even all three!), the whole thing is embarrassing for the owners.
  • Options

Apart from Carols.
  • Options

Apart from Carols.
    But... he taught him everything he knows?
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Ask him to bring his dad . So he he can be are new manager

beat me too it !!!
    and me! Can't be much fun in Athens ... can it?
  • Options

Of course they could have offered him a pathetic Contract but I dont see that happening because they would have got a bigger profit when it eventually came to him being sold.

According to himself, he was.

He said that what he was offered compared to everyone else was an insult, plus he had just won player of the year.

He was also disillusioned by the fact that he was sitting in a changing room filled with people who could "barely speak English" and were "rubbish".

At the time, I didn't believe it and I thought he was greedy. Now I look back and think fair play, he cannot be blamed for leaving.
    To be honest I don't remember reading anything from Poyet as to why he left Charlton... Fair enough if true though
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Of course they could have offered him a pathetic Contract but I dont see that happening because they would have got a bigger profit when it eventually came to him being sold.

He said that what he was offered compared to everyone else was an insult, plus he had just won player of the year.

He was also disillusioned by the fact that he was sitting in a changing room filled with people who could "barely speak English" and were "rubbish".

At the time, I didn't believe it and I thought he was greedy. Now I look back and think fair play, he cannot be blamed for leaving.
    To be honest I don't remember reading anything from Poyet as to why he left Charlton... Fair enough if true though
    It was a private conversation.

His girlfriend knew the girl I was with back at the time of his departure so we met a couple of times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I thought at the time, that the offer would've been low for a championship POTY.

Don't understand the comment in bold because in the games when Poyet was MOM every week, nearly all the team could speak English ?

Or did Sordell and Harriott speak in Rap ?

• Options

West Ham confirm Poyet has joined Charlton until the end of the season on loan.

— Brad Pinard (@Brad_Pinard) January 4, 2016

Can't see this on the WHU site
  • Options

I thought at the time, that the offer would've been low for a championship POTY.

Don't understand the comment in bold because in the games when Poyet was MOM every week, nearly all the team could speak English ?

Haha.

I think it was more a comment of the changing room at the training ground if I'm honest.

Polish Pete, Anil Koc and Yohann Thuram-Ulien spring to mind.
  • Options

Confirmed on WHU Twitter.
  • Options

• Options
    Laddick01 said:

I just see them confirming he's back at WHU from MKD?
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Can only see this on their Twitter?

LOAN: Hammers midfielder @diegopoyet7 has returned to the Club from his loan at @MKDonsFC #WHUFC
  • Options

Haha.

I think it was more a comment of the changing room at the training ground if I'm honest.

Polish Pete, Anil Koc and Yohann Thuram-Ulien spring to mind.
    Don't mention those three names this time of the morning please mate, I felt my breakfast coming back then for a minute :wink: