Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet anybody???? (ed. on loan for rest of season)

Comments

• Options
    I get the impression the reason he didn't sign a new contract was to do with our wonderful owner so he's hardly likely to change his mind but what do I know.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Maybe.

Fraeye knows him, West ham don't need him and him and Cousins would be a good pairing.....If he plays like he did before.

I believe when Colin confirms it.

Get believing
    Interesting ... however, if it happens, it just proves what an almighty cock-up they made releasing Yann originally.

Not sure what good it does for Poyet going back to where he started without having advanced but it's good for us, so not my issue.
  • Options

As for Poyet, would welcome him back. Came through our academy, signed a contract and stayed until the end of it. We should have tied him down longer earlier. Blame the Spivs, blame RD. Very good few appearances that went a long way to keeping us up.

Have to say I would laugh if we got him, Dervite, Kermy and Johnson back. All would be improvements and would prove what a dismal transfer policy we have employed over the last 2 years. I suspect that the majority are the usual myopic Charlton fan thinking though (albeit this may have more legs given the source).

Here here
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Maybe.

Fraeye knows him, West ham don't need him and him and Cousins would be a good pairing.....If he plays like he did before.

I believe when Colin confirms it.

Get believing
    I believe he managed to log on to Dr Kish.

• Options
    The certain person in the comms team who found the twitters from 16 year old Poyet and was re -tweeted by Charlton fans which made his relationship with West ham players and Andy Carrol impossible has burnt that particular bridge i would have thought. (Not preaching, i found it funny as well)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I would welcome back, Poyet and Yann. Both are better than most of our strikers (in Yanns case) and I would have DP over Sarr.
    If we could line up - if rumours are true and injuries are cleared up with-;
    Hendo/Solly, Baur, Diarra, THD/JBG, Cuz, JJ, Poyet/Lookie and Yann....I would take that right now. The bench would be stronger as well - Pope, Sarr, Ba, Fox, + 2 more new players?

BUT is RD likely to say Oh I got it wrong with DP/YK..............who knows?
  • Options

I would welcome back, Poyet and Yann. Both are better than most of our strikers (in Yanns case) and I would have DP over Sarr.
    Hendo/Solly, Baur, Diarra, THD/JBG, Cuz, JJ, Poyet/Lookie and Yann....I would take that right now. The bench would be stronger as well - Pope, Sarr, Ba, Fox, + 2 more new players?

Perhaps it was her ladyship that got it all so wrong.
  • Options

Perhaps it was her ladyship that got it all so wrong.
    Yep fair point @CyrilDavies
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like we'll be eating a fair bit of this in the New Year… the Waffle Wumples won't be that's for sure!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Sorry but this sounds like a complete load of made up utter balls to me. How often have we heard Yann to come back, Bent to come back, Gomez to be sold, but be loaned back Poyet to be sold and loaned back yada yada yada.
  • Options
    Charlton fans should/could offer an olive branch and say it was just banter;
    I'd be amazed if he didn't settle in straight away, Why can't the prodigal son return to his home ?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    He COULD. But it seems unlikely that we would be the club of choice for any club thinking where best to place their players. What have we got to offer? Coaching FAIL, team spirit FAIL, positive matchday atmosphere FAIL, fighting, winning mentality FAIL....what are they going to get from the deal?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

He COULD. But it seems unlikely that we would be the club of choice for any club thinking where best to place their players. What have we got to offer? Coaching FAIL, team spirit FAIL, positive matchday atmosphere FAIL, fighting, winning mentality FAIL....what are they going to get from the deal?

Play every week in The Championship, 3 miles down the road, where they can watch every game no problem and where he may rediscover his form.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Play every week in The Championship, 3 miles down the road, where they can watch every game no problem and where he may rediscover his form.
    But there's 21 other team in the championship who can probably offer more than us, surely many of them would also be keen on Poyet at least? And I would imagine quite a few would be happy to have Yann as well. I'd love to see them here, but really, I don't think the attractions of a short drive to New Eltham is going to swing it for us...and how is he going to recover his form in a team of losers with a shit manager?

Sorry to be so negative, I can hear my voice getting whiny...I'll shut up now.
  • Options
    He was over the training ground yesterday
  • Options
    What for over 2 hours??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016

Can't play for 3 clubs in one season and has already turned out for WHU and MK Dons. So its a no.

You're allowed three but no more than three.

My understanding is a player may be registered with 3 clubs but can only represent 2 in official games.
    Thats what I thought... i.e. Michael Smith came back in form from his loan spell @ AFC Wimbledon but we didnt play him because it would have meant him staying at Charlton for the rest of the season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Two

As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected

So no Diego Poyet cant play for us this season... Only way he can play for another club is if he goes to a country which only starts this year and runs through the summer (i.e. the MLS)
  • Options

Can't play for 3 clubs in one season and has already turned out for WHU and MK Dons. So its a no.

My understanding is a player may be registered with 3 clubs but can only represent 2 in official games.
    Thats what I thought... i.e. Michael Smith came back in form from his loan spell @ AFC Wimbledon but we didnt play him because it would have meant him staying at Charlton for the rest of the season

As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected

So no Diego Poyet cant play for us this season... Only way he can play for another club is if he goes to a country which only starts this year and runs through the summer (i.e. the MLS)
    This all smacks of the no-work-permit fiasco when Luzon came in. Expect the club to trumpet the return of Poyet tomorrow..!
  • Options
    I'd have him back I'd have yann back doesn't change the past or the way they left

It shows they feel able to come Back and put it right
  • Options

I'd have him back I'd have yann back doesn't change the past or the way they left

It shows they feel able to come Back and put it right

Those two owe us nothing. Not so sure though, about a few ambling round the pitch at the moment
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    According to this you can play for 3 clubs in one season. Poyet played for W Ham in the Europa League as well as MK Dons. Although MK Dons is a season loan, W Ham can recall him & then loan him out again, if the link is correct.

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/footballers-transfer-in-season.htm
  • Options

I've no idea if the Poyet rumour is true. But I'd love it to be so.

He was our MOM, nearly every game in the 13/14 season, once he got into the side, after xmas. He was our POTY, having played half a season. Absolutely oustanding.

He was the main reason we stayed up.

Now, if he's still living in Chelsfield. He's driving right round the M25 & up the M1 daily, to Milton Keynes, in order to train and then sit on the bench on a Saturday.

However, he could return to Charlton, have a 15/20 minute drive to New Eltham daily and play on a Saturday.

Either way, presumably West Ham and or the other team will pay his "West Ham" level wages.

Surely, it's a bit of a no brainer for him, if it's offered.

Similarly, Kermorgant can return to his Greenwich home and have a short journey to New Eltham daily.

Play on a Saturday and get his full "Bournemouth" wages.

As for Dervite. Well Bolton players haven't been paid now for 2 months, I believe. So why would he want to stay ?

Fingers crossed.

Another thought on this one .

IF RD & KM made the decision to bring those former, admired players back in January and IF we started to move slowly but surely up the table, would this change fans' aim to get them out of our Club ?

• Options
    Nope
  • Options

So he can play for another team in the network.
  • Options
    I see that he has gone back to West Ham, maybe he is going off on another loan
  • Options
    Pack your bags Poyet your coming home.