Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet anybody???? (ed. on loan for rest of season)

Comments

• Options

Of course they could have offered him a pathetic Contract but I dont see that happening because they would have got a bigger profit when it eventually came to him being sold.

According to himself, he was.

He said that what he was offered compared to everyone else was an insult, plus he had just won player of the year.

He was also disillusioned by the fact that he was sitting in a changing room filled with people who could "barely speak English" and were "rubbish".

At the time, I didn't believe it and I thought he was greedy. Now I look back and think fair play, he cannot be blamed for leaving.
    To be honest I don't remember reading anything from Poyet as to why he left Charlton... Fair enough if true though
    It was a private conversation.

His girlfriend knew the girl I was with back at the time of his departure so we met a couple of times.
    ??

Is this a pisstake on my poorly worded sentence? haha
  • Options

Of course they could have offered him a pathetic Contract but I dont see that happening because they would have got a bigger profit when it eventually came to him being sold.

He said that what he was offered compared to everyone else was an insult, plus he had just won player of the year.

He was also disillusioned by the fact that he was sitting in a changing room filled with people who could "barely speak English" and were "rubbish".

At the time, I didn't believe it and I thought he was greedy. Now I look back and think fair play, he cannot be blamed for leaving.
    To be honest I don't remember reading anything from Poyet as to why he left Charlton... Fair enough if true though
    It was a private conversation.

His girlfriend knew the girl I was with back at the time of his departure so we met a couple of times.
    ??

Is this a pisstake on my poorly worded sentence? haha
    Haha... Always ties my brain in knots when someone says something like that
  • Options
    You never did update us about your love life from back then. Seemed fairly miserable though, akin to bashing your head on a brick wall (or at least, visiting the brick wall in hospital only to be told to bugger off) so I hope you're onto better things.
  • Options
    With Poyet though I do wonder if he'll bother stopping @ West Ham on his way down from Milton Keynes or whether he'll just go straight to Sparrows Lane (Its almost like the Hameur Bouazza loan) in addition if he does join us on loan this week wonder if he'll be allowed to play against Colchester in the Cup
  • Options

I thought at the time, that the offer would've been low for a championship POTY.

Don't understand the comment in bold because in the games when Poyet was MOM every week, nearly all the team could speak English ?

Or did Sordell and Harriott speak in Rap ?

Haha.

I think it was more a comment of the changing room at the training ground if I'm honest.

Polish Pete, Anil Koc and Yohann Thuram-Ulien spring to mind.
    Thanks for clearing that up. because Both Diego and CAFC haven't improved since
    he went to the wrong side of the Thames.
  • Options
    Poyet signing for us this afternoon, on loan until end of season, so I have heard
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 19m19 minutes ago England, United Kingdom
    Roger Johnson a done deal to #cafc. 18-month deal. Poyet due to be confirmed later today - loan for rest of the season.

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 53m53 minutes ago England, United Kingdom
    Diego Poyet deal will be a loan. Had few people ask if a permanent transfer. #cafc
  • Options
    18 months for Johnson? Blimey
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Johnson isn't good enough. He proved that last season. Sadly, he's better than what we have, with the possible exception of Bauer.

I'm uncomfortable with aiding Poyet's development after he turned that opportunity down. Again though, beggers can't be choosers.
  • Options

"How do we get the fans back on side? I know, get some club legends back. Give me the phone! I'm ringing roger Johnson and Diego poyet!"

Tom Hovi is on the next Ryanair from Oslo.
  • Options
    Well, on balance I'd say that this morning's news is positive. Baffling in many regards but positive.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

tbh Poyet could see 2 years ago what we are seeing happen now, cant blame him for not wanting to sign up to that.

Then why does he sign up to it now? Surely the situation is worse than two years ago? Just a genuine question. Not blaming him for leaving.
  • Options
    Cover for the injured Kashi. That's almost a totally logical decision. I have no criticism.

Welcome back Diego (when it's confirmed on Twitter or Instagram or Snapchat or whatever the hell has replaced the official website in importance now).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016

tbh Poyet could see 2 years ago what we are seeing happen now, cant blame him for not wanting to sign up to that.

Then why does he sign up to it now? Surely the situation is worse than two years ago? Just a genuine question. Not blaming him for leaving.
    Jessie, i think that's why it will only be to the end of the season on loan.

If Peter Varney's money man had taken over, then it could have been a perm move.
  • Options

Let's not forget money here. He was offered a lot more by West Ham and no doubt his agent was telling that however it panned out he would be better off. Best case he gets Premier League games worst he get Championship games on loan at treble the money.

Welcome back Diego.

Agree. I don't blame him at all for going; we had a poor team (albeit with good spirit) , a dreadful pitch and no manager
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Let's not forget money here. He was offered a lot more by West Ham and no doubt his agent was telling that however it panned out he would be better off. Best case he gets Premier League games worst he get Championship games on loan at treble the money.

Welcome back Diego.

Agree. I don't blame him at all for going; we had a poor team (albeit with good spirit) , a dreadful pitch and no manager
    Tom has covered it.
  • Options
    I've just noticed that he didn't play many games at MK Dons. I have to admit I'm really surprised by that.... When he left for West Ham, it took me some time to get over it. So I'm really glad he's (almost) back now.
  • Options

"How do we get the fans back on side? I know, get some club legends back. Give me the phone! I'm ringing roger Johnson and Diego poyet!"

Tom Hovis is on the next Ryanair from Oslo.
    Have we the dough to afford him ?

• Options

A bit old at 43 though.
  • Options

Yes that rumour does sound a bit half-baked

• Options
    I thought he was brown bread
  • Options
    Not sure if been metioned but talksport have also confirmed poyet back with us.