Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet anybody???? (ed. on loan for rest of season)

Comments

• Options
    cfgs said:

"How do we get the fans back on side? I know, get some club legends back. Give me the phone! I'm ringing roger Johnson and Diego poyet!"

Tom Hovis is on the next Ryanair from Oslo.
    Have we the dough to afford him ?

A bit old at 43 though.
    E-cafc said:

Tom Hovis is on the next Ryanair from Oslo.

Have we the dough to afford him ?

Yes that rumour does sound a bit half-baked

use your loaf, he'll never come back
  • Options
    And he's back.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Is going to be nice for Jordan Cousins and Callum Harriott having him back here... Guess those three were good friends coming through together

No mention of him being available on Saturday though.
  • Options

Whilst this is a good move, good player and all that, it's so frustrating that this happens every January and appeases a few fans before the circus starts again in August.

I know what you mean... Last season we had 20 plus players that were out of Contract and all pretty much got released, we had Bulot and Buyens on loan with neither being signed up in the summer, we had Diarra / Eagles / Johnson and only Diarra was given a Contract whilst we had to waste valuable time trying to tie down Cousins and Gudmundsson.

In a certain respect our transfers this summer were better... Makienok was the only loan signing, yet we learnt from the Bulot mistake and have the option to buy whenever we want, all other players were signed on perm deals and those who have expiring Contracts in summer have mostly been tied down (only Diarra / Reza and a few others left to sort out).

Now though we've two more players who'll be here for the next six months (Poyet / Williams) who are good signings but for the long term progression of our Football club, wont be around next season... We need bodies to help us stay up so these signings are appreciated, but what we ideally need is players who can come in permanently this window and be part of the long term, rather than just short-term (again).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good. Welcome home Diego.
  • Options

Whilst this is a good move, good player and all that, it's so frustrating that this happens every January and appeases a few fans before the circus starts again in August.

I know what you mean... Last season we had 20 plus players that were out of Contract and all pretty much got released, we had Bulot and Buyens on loan with neither being signed up in the summer, we had Diarra / Eagles / Johnson and only Diarra was given a Contract whilst we had to waste valuable time trying to tie down Cousins and Gudmundsson.

In a certain respect our transfers this summer were better... Makienok was the only loan signing, yet we learnt from the Bulot mistake and have the option to buy whenever we want, all other players were signed on perm deals and those who have expiring Contracts in summer have mostly been tied down (only Diarra / Reza and a few others left to sort out).

Now though we've two more players who'll be here for the next six months (Poyet / Williams) who are good signings but for the long term progression of our Football club, wont be around next season... We need bodies to help us stay up so these signings are appreciated, but what we ideally need is players who can come in permanently this window and be part of the long term, rather than just short-term (again).
    Exactly, and I agree this is a good signing and I am happy he is back.

Just annoying how we can't make these good signings before the season actually starts, rather than using them to fight off relegation.
  • Options
    Tail between his legs........
  • Options
    Welcome back to Charlton.
  • Options

Olly Groome ‏@ollygroome 5m5 minutes ago
    Fantastic to welcome @diegopoyet7 back to Sparrows today. He left the office with the words "Let's do this!!"

I'm sure he did the same last year too

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome back diego we need you big time.at last someone who can pass the fuc king ball and not panic when got it lets hope for 2/3 more.
  • Options

Olly Groome ‏@ollygroome 5m5 minutes ago
    Fantastic to welcome @diegopoyet7 back to Sparrows today. He left the office with the words "Let's do this!!"

I'm sure he did the same last year too

;-)
    Nah I'm pretty sure that was... "Sorry but Dad won't let me play with you anymore"
  • Options
    welcome back Diego.
  • Options
    Wow, there are quite a few changing their tune on here today.
  • Options
    Good call and he's not a Brit so fits the category for RD
  • Options

So we're being linked with... Kermorgant / Dervite / Johnson / Poyet.

Next we'll be hearing that the club are trying to tempt Derek Hales out of retirement!!

Or Chris Powell back as manager!!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I know i'm going to get pelters for saying this , but i'm really not looking forward to the next 5 months of the season, having the ball being passed sideways and backwards , i was pleased when Diego went, but not at the manor of his departure (ie no fee) i really hope i'm wrong, sorry if i've upset anyone.