Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet anybody???? (ed. on loan for rest of season)

Comments

• Options
    We need Ajdarevic too now ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Firstly a good ball from Poyet out to Harriott and then he (DP) puts in a solid tackle to set Adjarevic up for the shot and JJ scores an injury time winner from the corner.

More of the same second time round please Diego :wink:
  • Options
    Ajdarevic plays in a league that doesn't start again until April. Two-month loan, anyone :D
  • Options

cafc-west said:

I know i'm going to get pelters for saying this , but i'm really not looking forward to the next 5 months of the season, having the ball being passed sideways and backwards , i was pleased when Diego went, but not at the manor of his departure (ie no fee) i really hope i'm wrong, sorry if i've upset anyone.

Agree with the backwards and sideways passing. Rarely forward - but maybe that was the team at the time. Happy to give him a second chance and hope he can put his passing skills to good use but in a forward direction!
    Happy to give him a second chance lol.
    I'm happy he's giving us a second chance.
    Played 20 odd games, was MOM in most of them, won POTY and then we offered him a derisory contract.

Welcome back Diego. A midfielder that can control a ball, hold off the opposition without losing it, pass a ball to a team mate and run all day long.
    Welcome back indeed. Always thought he was excellent. My comment about second chance wasn't about him as such - more about his vision to pass forward!
  • Options
    Appeasement in a political context is a diplomatic policy of making political or material concessions to an enemy power in order to avoid conflict.
  • Options
    Stop enjoying Poyet! Don't you know there's a war on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafc-west said:

I know i'm going to get pelters for saying this , but i'm really not looking forward to the next 5 months of the season, having the ball being passed sideways and backwards , i was pleased when Diego went, but not at the manor of his departure (ie no fee) i really hope i'm wrong, sorry if i've upset anyone.

Agree with the backwards and sideways passing. Rarely forward - but maybe that was the team at the time. Happy to give him a second chance and hope he can put his passing skills to good use but in a forward direction!
    Happy to give him a second chance lol.
    I'm happy he's giving us a second chance.
    Played 20 odd games, was MOM in most of them, won POTY and then we offered him a derisory contract.

Welcome back Diego. A midfielder that can control a ball, hold off the opposition without losing it, pass a ball to a team mate and run all day long.
    Yeah but apart from that what does Diego do for us. ?
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

----------Hendo
    Solly - Bauer - Johnson - Williams
    ----------Poyet
    ---Cousins------Jacko
    JBG----------------Harriott
    --------Lookman

When everyone is fit doesn't look bad to me

take lookman and JBG out. they'll be gone in a couple of weeks. Harriort will go back to being inconsistent. Johnson will be having a mare as he did before. cousins will be completely knackered as will Jackson and solly. Bauer will probably keep getting suspended. Daddy Poyet will take his son away as the unrest around the club will hurt little Poyets delicate feelings and by that point we'll be relegatemd. cannae wait.
    Many a truer word said in jest.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Stop enjoying Poyet! Don't you know there's a war on?

There is in my mind! The temporary owners of OUR permanent club have openly stated what they think of us...
  • Options
    Will DP add to my enjoyment of the Customer Experience on offer at the Valley ?
  • Options
    Never thought I'd be so underwhelmed at such a good signing.
  • Options
    Really pleased with this signing. Striker and a left back now and we could beat the drop
  • Options
    Reading the general reaction when we let him go, it was not that angry, more along the lines he was not as good as he was made out to be. Now he's coming back that all seems to have changed. What I can't see is, from the board's point of view, why has someone we thought was not important enough to keep become someone key to keeping us up?
  • Options
    welcome back Diego .. hope you're ready for a long hard march to safety
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mogodon said:

Reading the general reaction when we let him go, it was not that angry, more along the lines he was not as good as he was made out to be. Now he's coming back that all seems to have changed. What I can't see is, from the board's point of view, why has someone we thought was not important enough to keep become someone key to keeping us up?

More probably that he wasn't (at that point) the footballing messiah he'd been viewed as. Bags of talent, tons of potential but he wasn't then and isn't now a complete article of a player. That said, even if he's stagnated completely between then and now... even if he's somehow regressed... he's STILL better than any of our current midfielders with the honourable exception of JBG.

Personally while I don't think he is in and of himself 'the key to keeping us up' Makienok will certainly benefit from actual passes, however long, instead of the hopeful punts in his general direction on the principle ''he'll win that cos he's big'' that he's put up with before. And a midfielder who actually tries to move the ball with purpose instead of treating it much like a live grenade is always a benefit, even/especially one we've seen in action before.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Hmmmm not sure about this. Undeniably a good player, but the way he left and the timing of his return feels odd to me. If he performs the way we know he can then he'll help keep us up. But what then? He shuffles off back to West Ham. As I say, hmmmm.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Why are we signing players when we don't even have a manager

Reassembling a squad who new manager Powell, shortly to be appointed, has worked with before :open_mouth: .
  • Options

Anyone's dad would be a better manager than what we have now

..... Delort's Dad's car seen in the Valley Car Park.

• Options
    Chunes said:

This manager has been signing our players for the past 2 years hasn't he?
  • Options

Chunes said:

This manager has been signing our players for the past 2 years hasn't he?
    Apparently
  • Options

Really pleased with this signing. Striker and a left back now and we could beat the drop

And not just an old Striker who doesnt know where the bloody net is
  • Options
    Wouldnt mind Adjarevic back tbh. Currently playing in the Swedish league.