Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diego Poyet anybody???? (ed. on loan for rest of season)

Comments

• Options
    I'll be pleasantly surprised if it is permanent, can't be too cheap either...
  • Options
    Not interested in the background of this move I.e we shouldn't re-sign him after he chose to leave etc, he's a good midfield player which would benefit a struggling side as he's proven 2013/14.

Some saying he wasn't good enough for MK, fair point but I'm confident he'd be the best CM we have, and also some players just find their feet at one club and not another. If it happens it's a great move.
  • Options
    Also mentioned on the West Ham forums that it will be a permanent deal.
  • Options
    The MK Dons manager rated him.

"As a combination they didn't do too well together and he knows what Darren Potter means to my football club.

"It's not fair on a young player to not give him many minutes and in time he will be a much better player than a lot in this league.

"He's a tremendous young man."

http://www.onemk.co.uk/Karl-Robinson-blow-budget-January-Diego-Poyet/story-28455452-detail/story.html#ixzz3wCz9Jf95
  • Options
    Hendo

Solly, Johnson/ Williams, Bauer, THD

poyet, Diarra, Cousins/ Jacko

JBG , Vaz Te, Lookman

Evidently Lookman will be off but that looks like a good side, on paper
  • Options
    Two minds about this one, vowed to throw things at him next time I came across him, would feel abit awkward doing that to one of our own players, also he's actually quite good at football
  • Options
    Perm deal? What?
  • Options

If Poyet came back could he play with Cousins or would it be a straight swap?

Why would West Ham want Cousins at the moment ?

Poyet hardly ever gave the ball away even if his passing was more Butch Wilkins than Glenn hoddle.

Jordan gives the ball away too much to be a Premiership player.

But he could still be a CAFC legend if he can fine the form he showed in the second half. Still feel he needs good playmakers alongside him.

He was only converted to midfield in 2012,and it still shows at times.
    Young England defender from schoolboy to U18 then got caps in mid field.

A fantastic athlete thou and could/should keep on improving with the right coaching and team mates. Can't believe JC would want to battle it out each week just trying to be on the bench.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talk of a perm, I wonder how the fee agreed was structured, and whether there is a payment due?
  • Options
    I would welcome him back, quality player.
  • Options
    Perhaps it was part of the compensation package?
  • Options
    Maybe he's coming back to finally reveal the real reason why he left in the first place ;-)

Joking aside I'd be delighted to see him back. Him and Cousins should have been our central midfield for the past 2 year's.
  • Options
    He has played 18 games for MK Dons and has been a star according to Squawka (Opta).

I'm thinking he would be an ideal replacement for Kashi who in turn replaced Buyens.

Here's a comparison from Squawka for this season:
    squawka.com/comparison-matrix#championship/2015/2016/diego_poyet/166/166/10350/515/p|championship/2015/2016/alou_diarra/166/166/93/0/p|championship/2015/2016/johnnie_jackson/166/166/10318/0/p|championship/2015/2016/ahmed_kashi/166/166/15033/0/p|championship/2015/2016/jordan_cousins/166/166/10348/0/p#total_score/pass_completion/successful_passes/chances_created#avg

Not only does he know Fraeye, Jackson, Solly and Cousins but he's roughly half way through his West Ham deal and therefore has to set himself up for his next contract.

If we lose the likes of Watt and Moussa but gain Johnson and Poyet that looks a smart move to me. Especially with Ceballos back and Bauer, Diarra and Vetokele returning in the next few weeks.

I would still want more and to have a crack at an FA Cup run... but perhaps the penny has dropped and the board have finally realised they need Championship experience in addition to a great academy and some overseas signings?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Hendo

JBG , Vaz Te, Lookman

This!
    And just as importantly, more talent coming in means a stronger bench / more cover for injuries and suspensions
  • Options

Poyet hardly ever gave the ball away even if his passing was more Butch Wilkins than Glenn hoddle.

But he could still be a CAFC legend if he can fine the form he showed in the second half. Still feel he needs good playmakers alongside him.

A fantastic athlete thou and could/should keep on improving with the right coaching and team mates. Can't believe JC would want to battle it out each week just trying to be on the bench.

I think he meant JC dropping to the Charlton bench and DP playing.
  • Options
    delighted if true! i'll believe it when he puts pen to paper.
    not concerned about apparent failure to kick on elsewhere as sometimes players need to to take a step backwards to rediscover their form
  • Options
    Think he'd thrive back here. Reckon he mightve been feeling the pressure a bit at West Ham and back here he can relax a bit and start enjoying his football again. But really does highlight the incompetence of the regime if we sign back Poyet etc.
  • Options
    If he gives us absolutely everything, as he did in every game he played for us, including no little ability, then of course it would be great to have him back, but not on loan.
    I have no problem with him based on how he played before, he was tremendous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iamdan said:

I think he meant JC dropping to the Charlton bench and DP playing.
    I would love JC playing alongside Poyet with JBG showing the desire from the 2nd half yesterday and a new Playmaker, Khasi has been a big miss.
  • Options

Ask him to bring his dad . So he he can be are new manager

beat me too it !!!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Off topic and leaving aside our feelings towards the whole MKD enterprise, I was really impressed by Robinson's comments in that interview, which suggest a really well run club, and a manager like Curbs who is thinking of the bigger picture for the club

Robinson said he did not want to blow next season's budget on bringing players in this season and that players will need to be offloaded before others are brought into the club.

If Robinson were to spend money in January, that would take money away from the budget in the summer, so Robinson is keen not to splash the cash now.

"Me and the chairman had a long chat and he said there will be money there and I've said no because it may have to come out of next year's budget and I will not put the football club in jeopardy," said Robinson."If I bring in two players who get injured and we go down and I've spent next year's money then the football club is in tremendous problems.

"If we go down and haven't spent money then we're in fantastic shape to bounce back up.
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Hendo

JBG , Vaz Te, Lookman

This!
    And just as importantly, more talent coming in means a stronger bench / more cover for injuries and suspensions
    Surely it'll be one in and one/two out? We seem to always take one step forward two back...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I suppose I don't understand why he didn't play much at franchise. I mean they aren't exactly tearing the league up. Just seen the article about Potter.
  • Options

Think he'd thrive back here. Reckon he mightve been feeling the pressure a bit at West Ham and back here he can relax a bit and start enjoying his football again. But really does highlight the incompetence of the regime if we sign back Poyet etc.

In fairness, I think the club wanted to keep him all along but thanks to inaction on his contract by the previous cowboy owners there wasn't that much that could be done to keep him here. If Yann comes back that will be more of an admission of getting it wrong.
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Hendo

JBG , Vaz Te, Lookman

This!
    Surely it'll be one in and one/two out? We seem to always take one step forward two back...
    Watt and Lookman- combined 2-3 million