Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye Sacking watch.

Comments

• That manager with Champ experience will need a better squad though.
  • Fraeye sacking? Is that Fracking? RD to set up fracking at the Valley. OMG.
  • Long and the short of it. Does anyone actually want him at the club or actually think he has the technical know-how to dig us out of this mess? It's not just the results that speak volumes but also his cluelessness, not to mention his woeful post-match analysis
  • @Desperate_Pete has already explained that Carol voncrapp is the Bees pyjamas
  • 1StevieG said:

F5. F5. F5. F5. F5. F5. F5..........

Don't push F5, I did once and broke the big investment back in 2008 (allegedly).
  • @Desperate_Pete

In all my time supporting Charlton (going back to 1963), I've seen us turn against managers several times. As happens at every club. But I have never seen anything like this where the fans manage to so carefully target their wrath at the manager while making sure the players feel supported. And I am pretty sure the players are indeed behaving accordingly at the final whistle, as others have said.

The reason why this is happening is clear enough. While there was a lot of scepticism about his credentials, there were plenty of fair minded people prepared to give him a chance, citing Lennie and Curbs. However 9-10 games in it is quite obvious that he cannot get results. And what pisses people off is that performances under him are worse than under those who were sacked (remember Cardiff at home this timeish last year under Peeters?), yet the regime appears under no inclination to sack him as they did all the others.

Do you not recognise that?

Maybe he's only still with us because nobody else will take the job.
  • edited January 2016
    limeygent said:

@Desperate_Pete

In all my time supporting Charlton (going back to 1963), I've seen us turn against managers several times. As happens at every club. But I have never seen anything like this where the fans manage to so carefully target their wrath at the manager while making sure the players feel supported. And I am pretty sure the players are indeed behaving accordingly at the final whistle, as others have said.

The reason why this is happening is clear enough. While there was a lot of scepticism about his credentials, there were plenty of fair minded people prepared to give him a chance, citing Lennie and Curbs. However 9-10 games in it is quite obvious that he cannot get results. And what pisses people off is that performances under him are worse than under those who were sacked (remember Cardiff at home this timeish last year under Peeters?), yet the regime appears under no inclination to sack him as they did all the others.

Don't be silly.. Remember Katrien said that she had 20 applications within an hour last year when Peeters was sacked!

Jokes aside, that's actually a very interesting thought.

If Roland can't find a manager thats prepared to work with him and the existing manager is taking us down towards a level that our own CEO recognises as unsustainable... Surely the time to sell up would be moved forward with some urgency.

RD must surely be exhausting his pool of potential managers by now, and I can't see there being a queue from many non-network managers applying.

You'd also think similar issues would hit player recruitment too. I can't see any of our existing squad talking positively about the club. Then again, we seem to survive every year based on loans anyway.
  • LuckyReds said:

limeygent said:

@Desperate_Pete

Don't be silly.. Remember Katrien said that she had 20 applications within an hour last year when Peeters was sacked!

Jokes aside, that's actually a very interesting thought.

If Roland can't find a manager thats prepared to work with him and the existing manager is taking us down towards a level that our own CEO recognises as unsustainable... Surely the time to sell up would be moved forward with some urgency.

RD must surely be exhausting his pool of potential managers by now, and I can't see there being a queue from many non-network managers applying.

You'd also think similar issues would hit player recruitment too. I can't see any of our existing squad talking positively about the club. Then again, we seem to survive every year based on loans anyway.
    18 to go I believe ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• tricky said:

I saw the players on the pitch after the final whistle yesterday and the reaction of Solly when he was moved into central midfield.

From what I saw it didn't look like the booing of Fraeye would harm them, quite the opposite in fact.

In my opinion the guy has no idea what he's doing. We had no idea of how to score a goal in the first half yesterday - there was no route to goal whatsoever.

Bringing on a left footed left back to play right back when he only has Vaz Te in front of him was a recipe for disaster and therefore he must take some responsibility for THD's sending off.

Taking Ba off at half time when Jackson was clearly already injured was a dumb move and the decision to move Solly into midfield was clearly just a case of moving our best player into a gap that needed filling.

I know you've spoken to him and heard what he's got to say @Desperate_Pete and you were obviously impressed. Well actions speak louder than words and I've seen the way he sets his team up and his reactions to the play and I'm distinctly unimpressed.

Combine that with the fact that he's nowhere near qualified to be anywhere near the club in any capacity apart from his aptitude to towing the party line and you can see why he's not particularly popular surely?

I think the way we were when the Full-Time whistle went, sent a strong message to the players... i.e. we clapped them so they knew we support them yet the moment Fraeye went near the North Stand the abuse turned to him until he disappeared and then the fans turned back to supporting the players.

The performance when Solly moved to Midfield almost sent a silent message to us the fans saying... Look we know Fraeye is bloody clueless, we're taking matters into our own hands on the pitch to show we're united with you
  • Not to play devil's advocate here, because I'd rather have an aubergine managing/coaching our team then KF, but he is not the first person to play Solly in the middle of the park or out of position, and it's not the first time Solly has played bad when it has happened.

Anyway, it should be illegal to post on this thread until he has been moved on (because surely you cannot sack an interim?)
  • Not to play devil's advocate here, because I'd rather have an aubergine managing/coaching our team then KF, but he is not the first person to play Solly in the middle of the park or out of position, and it's not the first time Solly has played bad when it has happened.

Anyway, it should be illegal to post on this thread until he has been moved on (because surely you cannot sack an interim?)

I don't think Solly played badly in Midfield and think when he gets older he could do a Jackson where he moves from Full-Back into the middle of the pitch, what I don't understand though is why both Solly and THD were played out of position, Holmes-Dennis could easily have been put into Midfield as he hasn't done badly there himself when called upon

I don't think Solly played badly in Midfield and think when he gets older he could do a Jackson where he moves from Full-Back into the middle of the pitch, what I don't understand though is why both Solly and THD were played out of position, Holmes-Dennis could easily have been put into Midfield as he hasn't done badly there himself when called upon
    Agree with that. THD certainly seems like a more dynamic player and someone who I have quietly been impressed with.
  • Jose Riga to come back, Fraeye as assistant again and JE First team coach?

Maybe that's why Poyet coming back...
  • We should serenade him with "Shit Guy Luzon, you're just a shit Guy Luzon." And the same for Bob Peeters every game.
  • cfgs said:

We should serenade him with "Shit Guy Luzon, you're just a shit Guy Luzon." And the same for Bob Peeters every game.

I would opt for Shitter.
  • Get Riga in.
  • Get Riga and Mr Kemorgant in and it's like RD has decided to press the reset button in the hope of appeasing us fans.

Thing is it's not gonna work.

These muppets running the club need to go NOW!
  • edited January 2016

Get Riga and Mr Kemorgant in and it's like RD has decided to press the reset button in the hope of appeasing us fans.

The worrying thing is, what with all the doom and gloom of late - I think if RD got rid of KF, and brought in Riga and Kermorgant he'd probably placate a lot of fans. If he then got Katrien to resign I think people would be quite prepared to sing his praises... at least for a while.

This was actually one of my worries about Poyet coming back for the rest of the season to be honest, we're making good progress as fans uniting against what's going on - and these little gestures could be enough to get some of us out of our misery and give them (yet another) chance. This would be a very bad thing, and also quite embarrassing considering the media attention we've got.

Then it makes you wonder what kind of a shitty fan you are for thinking like that! Thank God Roland is never going to do anything like that to win us over, eh? ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Get Riga and Mr Kemorgant in and it's like RD has decided to press the reset button in the hope of appeasing us fans.

And whose to say the returning players/manager? are going to be a success.

It'll all end in tears. I'm not looking forward to the next three games, all away and difficult.

Is he saying that he needs to make four more substitutions after already making three??
    No, he is trying to guess the number of fingers the girl behind him is holding up......
  • Explaining to the team how many more minutes until 44 mins have passed and they can relax.
  • 1StevieG said:

Is he saying that he needs to make four more substitutions after already making three??
    No, he is trying to guess the number of fingers the girl behind him is holding up......
    If its the little girl it looks like even she is sticking two fingers up at him... We teach the kids from a young age these days!!
  • 1StevieG said:

If its the little girl it looks like even she is sticking two fingers up at him... We teach the kids from a young age these days!!
    The V for Victory and Nescafé shuffle are quite popular with the young 'uns these days.
  • 1StevieG said:

He's signalling to the 4% (up from 2%)
  • No he's telling us he's signing a 4 year deal after our next win
  • Beckboy said:

No he's telling us he's signing a 4 year deal after our next win

Which might be 4 years away
  • He is showing us how many points he's delivered to us in the last 8 games...& he's very proud of this as we should not expect Charlton to be a team that goes into every match expected to win.