Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Wolves - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    MickFoley said:

We need to boycott the Forest game -and not just a few hundred of us- This action has huge publicity value and places RD in a very dificult position. How much organisation does it take? -A healthy number of 'stewards' on the day (with powers of gentle persuasion!) and armed with as many leaflets as it takes...... Forget about blaming Fraeye, or any of our Conference-standard players (who are actually trying their best) or even Vaz Te (who disgracefully isn't trying his best)... the only focus of attention needs to be Duchatalet himself. My season ticket matters nothing in comparison with the Club itself. These are extraordinary times which require extraordinary action.

TBH it's probably better to let it happen on its own. As soon as you start organising something the 'No-one tells me what to do. I support the boys' brigade get in a lather and it all goes wrong.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Fiiish said:

At least the pitch looks nice.

The pitch was not at its best, hardly surprising with the amount of rain there has been lately.

Not rain but the tears of laughter from CP and Millwall fans........
  • Options
    Utter rubbish.
  • Options

Can anyone honestly say what our formation is these days? Based on the players out there it's 4-2-4 which is obviously insane. Alternatively it's 4-2-3-1. The problem there is no decent 4-2-3-1 contains four out and out strikers. Who was number 10? Reza?? Reza is a hard worker but he's only really useful at CF playing off the shoulder. He's hardly the creative dynamo we need, and given our defensive troubles he's not capable of tracking back effectively like Oscar or even Fellaini. Neither Vaz Te or Ahearne-Grant are wingers who can put in a good cross or support their full back intelligently. These are all just strikers shoved into spaces in attack in the hopes we might get a goal. Well we've scored one in our last two, and that was from an academy centre half so it's clearly not bloody working. We don't buy players for a system, we just by cheap shit on sale and this is what we get for it. Karel needs to go and so do the rest of the ownership but that's obviously not going to happen. Let's just pray we get a halfway decent manager who can use the players foisted on him effectively

Exactly!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

seth plum said:

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT VAZ TE BRINGS TO THE PARTY THAT TONY WATT DOESN'T?

Vaz Te must have a bloody good agent.

I watched him closely today and he wasn't interested. He didn't want to know. He wandered around as if he was sulking about not being chosen at CF. Pathetic. Unless it's on a plate in front of him, he ain't moving for it. When he had a chance, he sliced it wide from the penalty spot position, got up, shrugged his shoulders and wandered back to the halfway line.

In other words...

Well a truly Charltonised.

I just thought he looked knackered after about twenty minutes. He hasn't been able to keep running for 60 minutes since we signed him and, maybe, after playing on Saturday this was too much for him.
    So we can add him to the list of 6 or 7 players who can't manage a full 90 mins or can't play 2 games in a week, etc. etc.

• Options
    We were very bad today, but I actually thought it was an improvement in our performance from the Bristol City game, which is saying something.
  • Options
    I agree that things are very bad but we must remember that Bauer, JBG, Cousins, Diarra, Kashi, Vetokele, and Ceballos if fit would if started today !
  • Options

How bad must Franck Moussa be in training to not start in front of KAG?

It must be a fitness/match fitness issue otherwise I really would have expected to see Moussa given some game time today.

My guess is that Moussa is not quite ready yet and was on the bench in case of emergency - otherwise it would make no sense, as you point out.
  • Options

Today was my tipping point, waiting for all the told you so's Roland you are a cunt, your killing my club.

No, we kill the fatted calf when the prodigal so returns.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    purdis said:

It must be a fitness/match fitness issue otherwise I really would have expected to see Moussa given some game time today.

My guess is that Moussa is not quite ready yet and was on the bench in case of emergency - otherwise it would make no sense, as you point out.
    He's been in the U21s, and must be more match fit than Ceballos who hasn't played at all since his injury? When we're playing strikers in midfield (Reza, Lookman, KAG, Vaz Te all played in midfield or out wide with our weird formation) to have a natural attacking midfielder on the bench makes no sense.
  • Options

purdis said:

He's been in the U21s, and must be more match fit than Ceballos who hasn't played at all since his injury? When we're playing strikers in midfield (Reza, Lookman, KAG, Vaz Te all played in midfield or out wide with our weird formation) to have a natural attacking midfielder on the bench makes no sense.
    I was hoping Moussa would come on to give us more width but we were more lacking on the right flank than on the left.
  • Options
    purdis said:

purdis said:

I was hoping Moussa would come on to give us more width but we were more lacking on the right flank than on the left.
    When Lookman went off, he would have been a far more obvious swap. Instead KAG went from being an ineffective Centre Forward (running around to no effect) to an equally ineffective left sided attacker. I can only assume KAG played the full 90 as he has fresh legs, as he sadly offered nothing
  • Options
    Can't we offer Cardiff Vaz Te and Fox to get Tony Watt back?
    Let's hope Peter Varney can raise some money and out these C---Ts.
  • Options

Absolute dross watching players completely out of their depth

We could have had Rhoys Wiggins but we have Morgan Fox
    We could have had Michael Morrison but we have Harry Lennon
    We could have had Joe Gomez but we have Nabby Sarr
    We could have had Yann Kermogant but we have Ricardo Vaz Te
    We could have had Tony Watt but we have Simon Makienok

I look at our entire Squad and you would keep Henderson, Solly, Jackson for his leadership, JBG, Bauer, Kashi, Lookman and maybe a couple more of the kids

Where do we find 12 Championship level players in January..

All of those are good calls apart from Gomez, he was always going to leave for the kind of money Liverpool were offering.

Morrison and Kermo are by far the two most bizarre of the departures.
  • Options
    Shit game

Shit day

Meet Christmas
  • Options
    An experienced centre half is needed and it just might be better to buy a right back and play Solly in midfield.

We gave they're wingers far too much room today.