Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Wolves - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    vanilla said:

Post match interview with KF:

Q: The January transfer window is coming very soon, are the club likely to be doing business?

KF: “I think that the club will do everything not to go down. The staff the fans and the board are not happy with what situation we are in. The board are aware of the situation that we are in and I think that what is needed will be done.

“The transfer window opens on the 3rd of January and I think the club will do what they have to do. We have to start now. We know what is needed and know we have to do what has to be done.”

WHAT ???????? Did he not understand the question?

But didn't he say previously that our squad was big enough?
  • Options

It really cheeses me off..... RD doesn't care enough about our club - we all know that, but what good does it serve him to neglect the club so much that we are relegated? It's all very well for him to run it within his network model but for one thing - it doesn't work.

• we will go down
    • a massive number of STH will not renew
    • the club will either be sold or go into administration

Bring it on I say, if that's what it takes to get our club back then so be it.

What that twit has failed to grasp is that he didn't buy CAFC, he just bought a balance sheet. We're bigger than that.

• Options
    I can't fault the players on the pitch for the effort but there was simply not enough quality on the pitch. I blame Fraeye, who said that the squad was good enough and the rubbish strategy on the pitch. Also, Duchatelet and Meire by putting outclassed kids into a level higher than they are currently able to play that could seriously damage their development.

Charlton as it stands are heading to League One unless there is some serious activity and better quality experience in January 16 transfer window. I am yet to see any serious evidence that Meire and Duchatelet care about that. I wish they would feck off out of the club. There are alternatives and it doesn't have to be the Duchatelet way. I encourage all to read Voice of the Valley and the Varney article. I fear of what will be left of Charlton Athletic by the time Duchatelet is done with the club.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Taxi_Lad said:

fully agree that the team out there today is simply not good enough but look at the number of injuries who would all be in our first 11.......
    Bauer
    Diarra
    JBG
    Cousins
    Kashi
    Vetokele

and we lose Lookman to another 1st half injury. We really are being unlucky with injuries

or a poorly conditioned squad, recruited, trained, motivated & selected by a bunch of absolute rank amateurs
    I guess I also missed the most important thing - a bunch of absolute rank amateurs who thought that the Championship would be a gentle stroll in the park
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apologies for all the swearing but I what I really want, what I really really want is my Charlton back.
  • Options

A nice Monday evenings giggle for you all;

Richard Osman inpersonator.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

1StevieG said:

Apologies for all the swearing but I what I really want, what I really really want is my Charlton back.

And a zig-a-zig-ah?
    And 2 guesses at who Shitty Spice is......
  • Options
    Still trying to work out what positions Reza KAG, Lookman ,Vaz The and Mak were playing. I don't think they knew either.

An absolute mess. If we had a decent coach in who could organise and motivate these players we may have won as Wolves were pretty poor overall but sadly they didn't need to be any better than poor.
  • Options

It really cheeses me off..... RD doesn't care enough about our club - we all know that, but what good does it serve him to neglect the club so much that we are relegated? It's all very well for him to run it within his network model but for one thing - it doesn't work.

• we will go down
    • a massive number of STH will not renew
    • the club will either be sold or go into administration

Bring it on I say, if that's what it takes to get our club back then so be it.

What that twit has failed to grasp is that he didn't buy CAFC, he just bought a balance sheet. We're bigger than that.

Feeling your anger fella and you must have a very long tether to reach the end of...first post in over 8 years!

Welcome to the board btw.
  • Options
    Hadn't realised there was a demo tonight or I'd have been there. Was it an impromptu thing? I waited to boo Carol and clap jack and Solly then cleared off out of it. Was it well attended? Did we stay on the right side of decency?
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

seth plum said:

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT VAZ TE BRINGS TO THE PARTY THAT TONY WATT DOESN'T?

Vaz Te must have a bloody good agent.

I watched him closely today and he wasn't interested. He didn't want to know. He wandered around as if he was sulking about not being chosen at CF. Pathetic. Unless it's on a plate in front of him, he ain't moving for it. When he had a chance, he sliced it wide from the penalty spot position, got up, shrugged his shoulders and wandered back to the halfway line.

In other words...

Well a truly Charltonised.

• Options

Thanks for the welcome matey.

And yes, I am angry at the situation. As for whatsherface and 2%, I don't think she'll be making that claim again.

I'm going to write to the club - if I get a response I'll share it on here...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wolves were poor but we were worse. Our set up seems all wrong to me as we always seem to lose the midfield battle.
    Some plus points: Solly played well, as did Ba! Sarr also did pretty well and did not cock up despite having to play left footed on the right hand side. Fox also played Henry out of the game. Lookman showed his promise and Mak put himself about a bit.
    Lennon got punished by Afobe and KAG was anonymous. Not sure if Reza is worth his place. I think Jacko is better off the bench.

Duchatelet will be most reluctant to change his manager again so I will not expect any changes this week. Maybe if we lose against Colchester in the cup!
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

At least the pitch looks nice.

The pitch was not at its best, hardly surprising with the amount of rain there has been lately.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Just listened to Fraeye's post-match interview. He sounds for all the world like someone who has had all the fight knocked out of him. Perhaps he knows he is on his way out? Started OK and quite honest but then back to the on-message blaming of fans for negativity and hoping that they (we) turn over a new leaf in the New Year and start getting behind the team. Overlooks the fact we need a team playing some form of football to get behind ...
  • Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

seth plum said:

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT VAZ TE BRINGS TO THE PARTY THAT TONY WATT DOESN'T?

Vaz Te must have a bloody good agent.

I watched him closely today and he wasn't interested. He didn't want to know. He wandered around as if he was sulking about not being chosen at CF. Pathetic. Unless it's on a plate in front of him, he ain't moving for it. When he had a chance, he sliced it wide from the penalty spot position, got up, shrugged his shoulders and wandered back to the halfway line.

In other words...

Well a truly Charltonised.

I just thought he looked knackered after about twenty minutes. He hasn't been able to keep running for 60 minutes since we signed him and, maybe, after playing on Saturday this was too much for him.
  • Options
    We need to boycott the Forest game -and not just a few hundred of us- This action has huge publicity value and places RD in a very dificult position. How much organisation does it take? -A healthy number of 'stewards' on the day (with powers of gentle persuasion!) and armed with as many leaflets as it takes...... Forget about blaming Fraeye, or any of our Conference-standard players (who are actually trying their best) or even Vaz Te (who disgracefully isn't trying his best)... the only focus of attention needs to be Duchatalet himself. My season ticket matters nothing in comparison with the Club itself. These are extraordinary times which require extraordinary action.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Fiiish said:

At least the pitch looks nice.

The pitch was not at its best, hardly surprising with the amount of rain there has been lately.

You're right!

KM out.