Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Wolves - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Truly appalling.

The only glint of hope is that there are some truly awful teams in the league so we can get out of this hole. BUT that idiot of a interim manager has to go this evening and a proper manager signing proper players NOW for us to achieve that.

If he isn't gone than we have no hope at all. He has no idea what he is doing. I just cannot work out his formation, tactics and what the players are meant to be doing.

Truly embarrassing.
  • Options
    Thankfully missed today. I do look at that team and think it's a nailed on relegation side, KF or not. Went to the crap div 1 seasons last time but no way am I dragging my boy across London next year unless these clowns start getting it.
  • Options
    RWP - Reading Without Posting! (Coz I can and it's the dichotomy of the tiresome PWR).
  • Options
    Should sing to km, shit Karen Brady your just a shit Karen Brady.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

As for Fox wearing gold boots!! Is he having a laugh or what he can't kick the ball or pass to his own team, he ain't good enough to wear plimsolls

Flip flops are about his limit at the moment! :smiley:
  • Options
    Back 4 - Shambles
    Midfield - Shambles
    Attack - Shambles
    Performance- Shambles
    Tactics - Shambles

The person I feel sorry for is Stephen Henderson

I don't recall it being this bad even in the dark days of the 1970's

Not looking forward to Saturday coz I just know we're going to lose.

Collectively, Roland Duchatelet, Katrien Meire and Carole Fry have ruined my Christmas #DuchateletOUT #MeireOUT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    good points solly, jackson for their fight and us for standing up to protest. Otherwise Fraeye must go now and the new manager to get some decent players in as it really is bad at present. I posted before the game that if Fox played then we would lose. Bad bad bad management and team selection
  • Options
    1st game I've been to this season
    And the last!
  • Options
    I was on my way to match and suddenly felt was going to visit someone in a hopice and could not face it.

I feel very guilty about turning back but will try to attend again
  • Options
    Not much to add, Wolves were poor, we were worse.

On the plus side, protest support is increasing. I sit at the back of the East Stand. Eight people were in my row, eight in front and seven behind. Five of the 23 wore black and white scarves (including myself); all but five of the 23 stood up during the protest song.

2% ...you're having a laugh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2015
    On the way into the ground, it was busier than usual and some queues to get in. It was good to see even a queue for the Voice of the Valley and the Peter Varney revelations. It was good to see so many kids at the ground. It shows that there is potential there. It is a shame the performance was poor. The club should do kids for a quid every single game, though many of the poor little blighters may put up serious resistance after too much of that showing.

The first half was fairly even with little of note happening. There was an excellent tackle by Solly, showing how a 50/50 ball should be completed for, Wolves had the best chance but their striker was put off enough by Lennon and the ball ended up in Henderson's arms. Lookman didn't get far against the Wolves defence but was trying to make things happen. He went off injured, and I wonder if that is the last Charlton supporters see of the player. Makienok came on and managed to somehow floor the referee, and they had to go off for the second half.

At the break, Makienok was doing the half time drills, why wasn't he listening to the half time team talk ? I found that a bit odd. The pitch is not looking in great shape.

In the second half, with Wolves attacking the goal with their supporters behind, upped the pace and scored an easy goal. Apart from 2 Charlton players falling over themselves when there a was reasonable sight on goal, Charlton did not threaten. I stood up with stand up if you want them out / 2%, you having a laugh chant, and was pleased to see a lot more people standing than last time, great to see many more black and white scarfs. That was good as it got.

The team ran about, but with the quality on the pitch, Charlton were never going to get back in. Wolves got the second and the game could have stopped there. Ceballos came on but didn't notice him as I was too depressed by then.

The team that was out there was a League One standard and would struggle to make top 10 league one at that.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Not much to add, Wolves were poor, we were worse.

On the plus side, protest support is increasing. I sit at the back of the East Stand. Eight people were in my row, eight in front and seven behind. Five of the 23 wore black and white scarves (including myself); all but five of the 23 stood up during the protest song.

2% ...you're having a laugh.

Yes. I was (pleasantly) surprised how many of the west upper around me stood up compared to the 2% protest the other week when I was roundly told to "siddarn!"
  • Options
    Pathetic, embarrassing, boring, gutless, clueless.

Not one sniff of goal. We are going down unless things change drastically and we all know that isn't going to happen.

Trying not to let Charlton ruin my day lately but they still seem to.

Nobody really deserves to be singled out because we all know the problem is much much more then the 11 players on the pitch but they were all not up to it.

We are destined for relegation this season.

One and only highlight was the 'stand Up if you want them out' chant. We want our Charlton back.
  • Options
    Was surprised at the great atmosphere up until the goal then couldn't believe how quickly it turned venomous
    We are down without a doubt but I feel it's not all kf fault he didn't ask for the job
    If u was offered one to up ur position and treble ur wages leaving a crap job behind would u turn it down
    But think hes way out his depth but somehow gives a deluded post match interview
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Great communal protest during the second half (slightly spoiled by the Wolves' fans who decided to start chanting).

Good performances were: Fox, Solly, Sarr, Ba. Mak did alright when he got on.

MOTM Wolves' no.24