Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• See Rotherham signed another player yesterday think that's 4or 5 they've brought in if we only had there ambition to stay up. Why don't we sell watt to them or Bristol city. Just to help them do we want to stay up or what.
  • Unless we're closer to a FFP Transfer Embargo than we realise...

i.e. If we kept Watt till the Summer we may survive relegation yet could end up with a transfer embargo through the whole summer, it'll mean we'll have to sell someone just to get out of the embargo for the January Window.

It'll also mean that teams will know we're under the ban so will want our players for a cut price... Whilst we wont be able to strengthen at all

Of course if there is the risk, surely it would just be easier to sell Lookman
  • My understanding of FFP is that clubs can lose €5m per season (ie, spend €5m more than they earn), but a club's total losses over three years can run up to €45m as long as their owners could cover such losses.

Given RD's frugality (ie his tight arse) I'd be amazed if we are anywhere near the big number.
  • Unless we're closer to a FFP Transfer Embargo than we realise...

i.e. If we kept Watt till the Summer we may survive relegation yet could end up with a transfer embargo through the whole summer, it'll mean we'll have to sell someone just to get out of the embargo for the January Window.

It'll also mean that teams will know we're under the ban so will want our players for a cut price... Whilst we wont be able to strengthen at all

Of course if there is the risk, surely it would just be easier to sell Lookman

If the signings we have made put us close to a FFP transfer embargo then I really do give up!

Doubt it has anything to do with FFP. There is a budget (an extremely tight/non-competitive one) and Roly will not budge from it regardless of the criminal waste of wages on the likes of Williams and Johnson.
    I agree that I dont think its the FFP, just trying to think of the reasoning.

In regards to our FFP limit though, dont forget we were a League One side when it came into effect which will have hurt us as instantly the amount we can spend in the Championship compared to other sides will be lower...

Its like Manchester City, if they'd been taken over a few years later, they wouldnt be the powerhouse they are now, as spending £250m or whatever it is would have broken the limit by a long long way
  • It seems to me, that our owner is the type the more we boo him,he will
    just laugh to himself and will not bugge from doing things his way.
    We must keep up our demonstrations but we are on fast track to
    relegation. Very sad
  • West Ham mate told me Reece Oxford coming to us on loan
  • #cafc set to sign West Ham's Reece Oxford on loan until end of the season. Can play CB and CM.

From Rich Cawley
  • so we sign another loan youngster who we will probably play and improve, for someone else.
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon RD's plan is coming to fruition nicely.....get relegated by not improving team other than the odd token gesture, sell off good players in the summer, replace with journeymen and kids, become a good to middling League 1 side, hope to have a small cup run, reduced crowds would be reduced costs on Police, stewarding, refreshments, away supporters, programs etc. Close JS stand and rebuild with some residential flats within it. Put small away following in reduced capacity JS stand, sell or lease flats. End of next season, due to still being in League 1, do exactly the same again (without the JS stand/flats piece) and continue along these lines................................what a crock of shit that will be!!
  • edited January 2016

#cafc set to sign West Ham's Reece Oxford on loan until end of the season. Can play CB and CM.

From Rich Cawley

Kept a clean sheet away to Arsenal start of the season. But he was born in 1998 ffs, just the experience we need.
  • I reckon RD's plan is coming to fruition nicely.....get relegated by not improving team other than the odd token gesture, sell off good players in the summer, replace with journeymen and kids, become a good to middling League 1 side, hope to have a small cup run, reduced crowds would be reduced costs on Police, stewarding, refreshments, away supporters, programs etc. Close JS stand and rebuild with some residential flats within it. Put small away following in reduced capacity JS stand, sell or lease flats. End of next season, due to still being in League 1, do exactly the same again (without the JS stand/flats piece) and continue along these lines................................what a crock of shit that will be!!

painful to read but most likely the case
  • West Ham's feeder club

painful to read but most likely the case
    I don't care what RD's plans are as I won't be coming to games, except to protest, from the end of this season if he's still in control. I've had a season ticket for most of my adult life but this is the last year until RD leaves.
  • So Roland would rather hit made up budgets than avoid losing £7m when we get relegated. We are down. Prepare for a good few years in League One again. Or worse.
  • So Roland would rather hit made up budgets than avoid losing £7m when we get relegated. We are down. Prepare for a good few years in League One again. Or worse.

It does sound a bit like the fate from which we were "saved" in 2014; just with added debt to Belgium's answer to cuddly Ken Bates...
  • Interesting that Ross McCormack has tried to hand in a transfer request @ Fulham so that he can join Middlesbrough, with Fulham under an embargo watch them fall into the relegation fight if he and Dembele go
  • Interesting that Ross McCormack has tried to hand in a transfer request @ Fulham so that he can join Middlesbrough, with Fulham under an embargo watch them fall into the relegation fight if he and Dembele go

Dembele is likely to be loaned back although I can see where you are coming from. Can still sign loanees.
  • Sponsored links:

Dembele is likely to be loaned back although I can see where you are coming from. Can still sign loanees.
    What Striker could they possibly sign that could get them goals and get them to safety... Oh hang on...
  • Is there any sign of a right wing / midfield, creative / attacking midfield ?
  • vff said:

Is there any sign of a right wing / midfield, creative / attacking midfield ?

Unlikely.

I think they're in serious trouble unless they persuade him to stay AND keep him motivated for the rest of the season. A legacy of the rubbish transfer business they did in the summer of 2014 in which they spent £10m on a striker and surrounded him with kids and freebies!
  • Didn't Fulham pay £10+ for a Greek striker, Mitroglou, who out on loan somewhere.
  • That's £10m+
  • Yeah he's on loan @ Benfica... He was signed in their relegation season and barely played, I thought they'd sold him actually
  • Fulham are not much better than us right now. Their wage bill is biblical and the output is shocking
  • Still plenty of bargains that can be done. I hope (sigh) that's his "strategy" ....
  • Remember lads we still have a number to get over that line... oh shit!

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!