Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• That was one I always wished we had gone fo,r along with others like Perkins and Judge.

We screwed up signing Judge when he went off to Brentford. Even back then it was obvious we lacked a creative midfielder, but 2 years down the line we've done nothing to address the problem.
    Between Buyens, Bulot and JBG we had a pretty good attacking midfield last season.
    None were playmakers though. We havnt had a playmaking central midfielder for bloody years. It's so long I can't be certain who the last one was. Andy Reid ?

Well we managed to win L1 and do well the following season without a Claus Jensen style playmaker.
  • That was one I always wished we had gone fo,r along with others like Perkins and Judge.

We screwed up signing Judge when he went off to Brentford. Even back then it was obvious we lacked a creative midfielder, but 2 years down the line we've done nothing to address the problem.
    Between Buyens, Bulot and JBG we had a pretty good attacking midfield last season.
    None were playmakers though. We havnt had a playmaking central midfielder for bloody years. It's so long I can't be certain who the last one was. Andy Reid ?

Spot on, we've been starved of one and it shows even when we look good.

Well we managed to win L1 and do well the following season without a Claus Jensen style playmaker.
    We had Mikel Alonso.....(:

And even in that remarkable season we often didn't look great in the middle of the pitch. I said it at the time that if we had Andy Reid that season we would have been champions by Christmas.

• Senderos On Loan.

And even in that remarkable season we often didn't look great in the middle of the pitch. I said it at the time that if we had Andy Reid that season we would have been champions by Christmas.

But then Reid would have provided less defensive cover to the back 4. And less energy on the pitch, there's also compromises to be made.
  • Jerome Thomas training with Ipswich.
  • edited January 2016

Brizzle City up bid for Bradley Dack to 1.5m

Gillian fan at work raves about him.
  • Greenie said:

Brizzle City up bid for Bradley Dack to 1.5m

Gillian fan at work raves about him.
    He's not going to Bristol City. I know his mum and she won't allow it!
  • Sponsored links:

• I;m pretty certain we're not looking to bring any more players in - certainly none from England
  • Part of our problem is that we don't have any scouts that are familiar with the English leagues and players like Dack and Tomlin.
  • If other clubs are interested, he won't be coming here.
  • Part of our problem is that we don't have any scouts that are familiar with the English leagues and players like Dack and Tomlin.

Mark Stow who's covering as head scout has plenty of English experience

Mark Stow who's covering as head scout has plenty of English experience
    Well Phil Chapple left for a reason. Apart from a loan or two RD isn't interested in British players.

• A Cypriot team trying to sign Bergdich according to some sport sites on Twitter.
  • mart77 said:

A Cypriot team trying to sign Bergdich according to some sport sites on Twitter.

Saw this from a journo over here on Saturday, 3 hours later he started for us. Was reported as a done deal as well.
  • Well at least he has had a short shop window. He played well for the first 45 in a championship team so I reckon he is due a step up to Cypriot league,, the Sicilian league is a bit too hard but from Cyprus I hear you can step up through to Dubai no issues
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps a lack of transfers is an in dictation RD is willing to sell?
  • J BLOCK said:

Perhaps a lack of transfers is an in dictation RD is willing to sell?

Or its just proof that a leopard doesnt change its spots?
  • J BLOCK said:

I don't think he will change his spots in terms of going over budget a great deal, not getting the expected funds from selling Watt has probably finished off further spending.
  • Shrew said:

J BLOCK said:

I don't think he will change his spots in terms of going over budget a great deal, not getting the expected funds from selling Watt has probably finished off further spending.
    Good point
  • Lookman linked with Tottenham again £4m and a loan back to us.
  • Watt going out on loan again according to SLP. For fucksake
  • cafc4life said:

Watt going out on loan again according to SLP. For fucksake

I'd heard last week he wouldn't be here long.

Cardiff not being able to buy him has royally fucked us over. I believe we had players lined up and that's gone pear shaped now

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!