Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• Robson Kanu linked to twitter
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35245092

Darren O'Dea has joined Dundee. He's another nomadic player who played in India (and was at Blackpool last season)
  • colin1961 said:

He was coming to us on loan before SL was sold

Look what happens..........I stick up for 'poor old Col' and then he comes out with this tripe!!
    Consider yourself 'undefended' Col!!!!!
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35245092

Darren O'Dea has joined Dundee. He's another nomadic player who played in India (and was at Blackpool last season)

can't play at the moment as appearing on Celebrity Big Brother.
  • Few rumours doing the rounds about this bloke. Ben Nugent. Ex Cardiff centre half now at Crewe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Nugent
  • Surely we could have got Joe Cole instead of Coventry on a free. Would be decent and I've go down he would be good to have in league 1.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016
    The sun says Gudmundsson is on his way along with watt and vetokele apparently we want to raise 2million ?

Probably let KF go and spend it FFS
    Or they want to get a new sofa .
  • This restaurant is giving me food poisoning at moment. Not changing but going to be eating at home for a bit.im sure the restaurant won't close down even if it is empty you don't need customers to survive just sell the oven. That should work.
  • boogica said:

The sun says Gudmundsson is on his way along with watt and vetokele apparently we want to raise 2million ?

Yep. Fire sale. Then F*** off
  • edited January 2016
    God help RD/KM/RM/KF if we lose JBG and Lookman as well as Watt (that one seems a done deal), if they think protests are bad now i hate to think what they will be like should the other two go as well!!!
  • >2million should be raised just by the sale of JBG alone
  • boogica said:

And the source.... Probably Charlton Life.
  • edited January 2016
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115384&headline=Exclusive: Karel Fraeye responds to Charlton Athletic recruitment rumours&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

Hmmmm. Interesting. Fraeye on recruitment. Or as my autocorrect likes to call him, Graeme.

In summary, only player he had any recruitment dealings with was Vetokele, Charlton not looking to sell anyone, mentioned Lookman specifically.
  • edited January 2016
    He seriously shouldn't have said this quote... We don’t look to sell players. We’re not going to sell players

We know its going to happen with some players (Even if its just Watt / Bergdich / Moussa etc.) but straight away even if we sell only those, it shows that he was chatting a load of rubbish!!

Interesting that he had involvement with Alcorcon though
  • edited January 2016
    The 18-year-old has been in talks with the Addicks over an improved deal, but has not penned terms. Fraeye said: “Ademola is injured for the moment. He gave us his word for a long deal. I think behind the scenes they are working on that.

“We don’t look to sell players. We’re not going to sell players. We are in a big battle. All the quality we have in the team we will keep at Charlton Athletic. That’s for sure.”

let's see where we are in 23 days.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

JBG is worth more than 2 million... He may have been hit and miss recently but his class is unquestionable

Based on this seasons shocking turnout is he really worth that? no in my opinion.
  • When you see his ability with the ball (i.e. he two out two Forest players with one move) then yes he is clearly worth more than £2m... Its interesting how people view him, yes he's out of form but we've all written off Wagstaff, Green and Harriott in the past, all are wingers and regardless of who a winger plays for, they always drift in and out of match
  • colin1961 said:

boogica said:

Rubbish .....

Watt already going for 1.2 mill
    Vetokele would not pass a medical and Gudmunsson well we turned down an offer bigger then 2 mill from wolves so unlikely to sell him for less then 500,000 now

If it did happen it wouldn't surprise me , but this has come from the sun newspaper ?

I was told watt deal was sorted weeks ago 1.3 million ?
  • colin1961 said:

boogica said:

Rubbish .....

Vetokele would not pass a medical and Gudmunsson well we turned down an offer bigger then 2 mill from wolves so unlikely to sell him for less then 500,000 now

If Vetokele wouldn't pass a medical how is he playing now...?

He only got a bloody achilles injury, not a nasty leg break (i.e. Rhys Williams did his achilles in twice yet somehow signed for us!!)
  • The sun says.......... Says it all really
  • to be honest I think The Sun have just tried to fill a few column inches with this. They know about Watt and the interest in Lookman and have just added Gudmundsson's and Vetokeke's names to bulk it out.

I suspect Igor will move on but not until the summer and then at yet another hefty financial loss.

• It's the silly season in the tabloids. Having seen their work first hand, on some days they take scraps and make stories. On others they just make things up, safe in the knowledge it will sell copy and create internet traffic and be forgotten within 12 hours. Believe little until it happens.
  • colin1961 said:

He seriously shouldn't have said this quote... We don’t look to sell players. We’re not going to sell players

We know its going to happen with some players (Even if its just Watt / Bergdich / Moussa etc.) but straight away even if we sell only those, it shows that he was chatting a load of rubbish!!

Interesting that he had involvement with Alcorcon though

Why does it , they have already said Watt will be leaving and we all know why , Bergdich is homesick six tin cans and a garden rake strapped together and as been granted a move , Moussa it in first team plans so will leave most likey on loan .........KF talking about first team players
  • MarkyE83 said:

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115384&headline=Exclusive: Karel Fraeye responds to Charlton Athletic recruitment rumours&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

Hmmmm. Interesting. Fraeye on recruitment. Or as my autocorrect likes to call him, Graeme.

In summary, only player he had any recruitment dealings with was Vetokele, Charlton not looking to sell anyone, mentioned Lookman specifically.

That's genuinely interesting, as it gives more information on Fraeye's actual job for RD
    “From the day I left here, which was in May 2014, my job was for the owner, of course. I was responsible for the whole side of the Spanish team - Alcorcon, which is in Madrid.
    “And I did 100 per cent of the recruitments for the Spanish team last year - and also for this season. I worked very closely with the president Enrique Perez. That was my job from when I left here.
  • colin1961 said:

boogica said:

Rubbish .....

Careful Col, you almost sound like you're having a go at the current regime.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!