Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• Were we not supposed to have signed at least one more player before this weekend? LLoyd Doyley back?
  • edited January 2016

@ross1 .. That Michael A .. he's been around and knows a bit of quality when he sees it ((:>)
  • skywalker said:

Gammysnr said:

I just saw Christophe Lepoint has 7 goals from 19 games in the Belgian Pro League, scored against RD's St Truiden (sp). Maybe he could have done a job for us or is the Pro League poor?

Christophe Lepoint was terrific in the beginning of the season, had a little dip, but is now back playing very well. He's part of a core of 3 or 4 players who carry his current club to some good results and a position in the league accordingly. He's in high esteem over here contrary to Luzon whom I suspect to be the reason of the lack of succes of Lepoint. But IMO succes in football, Championship, EPL or whatever other league depends on lots of ingredients that have to be present. RD (his biggest mistake so far) didn't get enough or the good ingredients for Charlton. If BP was given 4 more players, including a proper striking force and a good spare goalie ... well you know ...
    I explained that I support Royal Antwerp and that they got a new owner with cash to spend. In this owners 1st season, we're top of the division with a game less played and the best defense in Europe. The first day of the transfer opening we signed 4 new players. They'll probably get elected as the club with the best supporters as only 2nd Div club amongst Anderlecht, Club Bruges, Gent (still in the Champions league), etc ... . So, R. Antwerp is on a high 'cause of a new owner that stepped in half a year ago ! RD can see and follow this every day in Flemish media. Surely RD has the means to do likewise and I don't understand why he's not getting tempted by the cash given to the clubs in the Premiership. Mind-boggling ...
    The thing about Lepoint, for us, was more that he was a totally pointless signing. We didn't need him, he had little re-sale value and he hardly fitted with the Duchatelet model of bring in cheap younger players from the continent.

I don't think Charlton fans really saw enough to make a proper judgement of his abilities, although I gather he looked a bit slow for the Championship, but didn't get much opportunity to adapt to be fair. I don't think any one bears him any ill feeling as an individual, it's just that his signing never made any sense, and he's become a bit of a poster boy for the scatter gun approach to player recruitment we have employed over the last 2 years, but he wasn't the first or last nonsensical signing we have made since RD took over. Glad to hear he is doing well Belgium again though.

Am I right in thinking Ravel Morrison is playing for Royal Antwerp? How is he getting on - always hyped up as very talented in the British media but with a bad reputation for his off-field behavior.
  • skywalker said:

Gammysnr said:

I just saw Christophe Lepoint has 7 goals from 19 games in the Belgian Pro League, scored against RD's St Truiden (sp). Maybe he could have done a job for us or is the Pro League poor?

Christophe Lepoint was terrific in the beginning of the season, had a little dip, but is now back playing very well. He's part of a core of 3 or 4 players who carry his current club to some good results and a position in the league accordingly. He's in high esteem over here contrary to Luzon whom I suspect to be the reason of the lack of succes of Lepoint. But IMO succes in football, Championship, EPL or whatever other league depends on lots of ingredients that have to be present. RD (his biggest mistake so far) didn't get enough or the good ingredients for Charlton. If BP was given 4 more players, including a proper striking force and a good spare goalie ... well you know ...
    I explained that I support Royal Antwerp and that they got a new owner with cash to spend. In this owners 1st season, we're top of the division with a game less played and the best defense in Europe. The first day of the transfer opening we signed 4 new players. They'll probably get elected as the club with the best supporters as only 2nd Div club amongst Anderlecht, Club Bruges, Gent (still in the Champions league), etc ... . So, R. Antwerp is on a high 'cause of a new owner that stepped in half a year ago ! RD can see and follow this every day in Flemish media. Surely RD has the means to do likewise and I don't understand why he's not getting tempted by the cash given to the clubs in the Premiership. Mind-boggling ...
    The thing about Lepoint, for us, was more that he was a totally pointless signing. We didn't need him, he had little re-sale value and he hardly fitted with the Duchatelet model of bring in cheap younger players from the continent.

I don't think Charlton fans really saw enough to make a proper judgement of his abilities, although I gather he looked a bit slow for the Championship, but didn't get much opportunity to adapt to be fair. I don't think any one bears him any ill feeling as an individual, it's just that his signing never made any sense, and he's become a bit of a poster boy for the scatter gun approach to player recruitment we have employed over the last 2 years, but he wasn't the first or last nonsensical signing we have made since RD took over. Glad to hear he is doing well Belgium again though.

Am I right in thinking Ravel Morrison is playing for Royal Antwerp? How is he getting on - always hyped up as very talented in the British media but with a bad reputation for his off-field behavior.
    Thought he was at Lazio
  • sam3110 said:

skywalker said:

Gammysnr said:

Thought he was at Lazio
    Bollocks, I'm think of John Bostock.
  • Lepoint was hopeless, but so was Simon Francis.
  • sam3110 said:

skywalker said:

Gammysnr said:

Thought he was at Lazio
    Bollocks, I'm think of John Bostock.
    Moved on fro Antwerp. Plays for OH Leuven now.
  • Sky reporting that Bournemouth have offered £10m for Benik Afobe. Could push Kermorgant further out the door.
  • edited January 2016

Sky reporting that Bournemouth have offered £10m for Benik Afobe. Could push Kermorgant further out the door.

Someone on here, Bournemouth Addick? said he was carrying a bit of timber when he came on as sub over Christmas, so maybe he's got stuck in the door! I'd still like him back though :wink: .
  • RedChaser said:

Sky reporting that Bournemouth have offered £10m for Benik Afobe. Could push Kermorgant further out the door.

Someone on here, Bournemouth Addick? said he was carrying a bit of timber when he came on as sub over Christmas, so maybe he's got stuck in the door! I'd still like him back though :wink: .
    That'll be his yuletide log
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Wasn't he accused of that when he came back in the summer for the last time for us?
  • ross1 said:

RedChaser said:

Wasn't he accused of that when he came back in the summer for the last time for us?
    Think he was accused of that every summer
  • edited January 2016
    Some players do gain weight quickly when they get out of their strict diet and training regime although it shouldn't be a problem mid term unless injury of course has played some part in this. Anyway we shall see soon enough for ourselves if a deal is still on, here's hoping. Wouldn't put right all her wrongs but might buy KM just a little bit of breathing space :open_mouth: .
  • ross1 said:

From Ketts on Dr Kish:

Lookman's preferred option is to sign a new deal at The Valley, he wants to play, not sit on the bench. As long as a satisfactory deal can be offered, Lookman looks set to stay with the Addicks.

If true then good lad... He'll be a rare commodity these days
  • ross1 said:

From Ketts on Dr Kish:

Lookman's preferred option is to sign a new deal at The Valley, he wants to play, not sit on the bench. As long as a satisfactory deal can be offered, Lookman looks set to stay with the Addicks.

If true then good lad... He'll be a rare commodity these days
    Well that is pretty much what Fraeye said.

• If Roland wants the dosh, he'll still be out the door but probably with a "loan back" clause.
  • Good on Lookman if that's the case
  • If Roland wants the dosh, he'll still be out the door but probably with a "loan back" clause.

That would be the case for many owners - Good stuff lookie , look forward to watching you play some more
  • Sponsored links:

• Are we signing anyone elese?.
  • Who is elese?
  • Have you just answered your own question?
  • Yann! Bent and Dervite are the rumours! Lol
  • Are we signing anyone elese?.

Fraeye is submitting his comprehensive scouting report on Belgium Division 3 on Monday, so after that ...
  • mogodon said:

Are we signing anyone elese?.

Fraeye is submitting his comprehensive scouting report on Belgium Division 3 on Monday, so after that ...
    Standard fans are saying Thuram is surplus to requirements and they expect he'll be offloaded very soon.
  • B/mouth hope to sign a striker today from Wolves
  • Yann starts for Bournemouth today.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!