Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• dickplumb said:

Ahearne- Grant has moved on loan to Cambridge for the rest of the Season.

Good move for him... Would have preferred League One though
  • Ben18 said:

dickplumb said:

Ahearne- Grant has moved on loan to Cambridge for the rest of the Season.

Good move for him... Would have preferred League One though
    As long as he gets football, that's all that matters. Good luck Karlan!
    He needs to rebuild his confidence... He's almost gone the same way as Joe Pigott over the last few months, both Lookman and Umerah seem to have jumped ahead of him in the First Team
  • From SkySports Transfer Centre:

COULD KERMORGANT DEPART?

Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe has said today he's hoping to bring in a few more new faces before the transfer window closes, but Yann Kermorgrant remains at club despite interest in the midfielder. Reading have been linked with a move for him.

It says Reading have bid 500K in the star today
    Ballmouth want £1m

for a 34 year old

the nobheads

• Swisdom said:

From SkySports Transfer Centre:

COULD KERMORGANT DEPART?

Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe has said today he's hoping to bring in a few more new faces before the transfer window closes, but Yann Kermorgrant remains at club despite interest in the midfielder. Reading have been linked with a move for him.

It says Reading have bid 500K in the star today
    Ballmouth want £1m

for a 34 year old

the nobheads

I heard they had dropped the price but we were still quibbling
  • Seen on Twitter that we've agreed a loan deal with Celtic for Anthony Stokes. Between us, Hibs and 3 other champ clubs. A lot of people saying he's already agreed to join Hibs but can't find anything definite anywhere.
  • Nothing final will be decided till tomorrow. Hibs confident though.
  • He'll probably go to Sunderland again before he joins us!!
  • cafc-west said:

Found this thread languishing on page 5. Surely this can't be it...Poyet, Williams on loan and Roger the dodger back! Can it?

We get the excitement of watt and lookman leaving. Perhaps one day they will both be PL regulars and we can bask in the glory that we let them go for a pitance after seeing them fleetingly
    Bah! Personally I can't wait to regale my grandkids in the glory of having seen Lookman, Gomez et al playing a handful of games for Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Quite a few decent sources now saying he's agreed to join Hibs. He really doesn't like us does he.
  • Quite a few decent sources now saying he's agreed to join Hibs. He really doesn't like us does he.

We'll get Tony Watt to smack him in the mouth

• Seen on Twitter that we've agreed a loan deal with Celtic for Anthony Stokes. Between us, Hibs and 3 other champ clubs. A lot of people saying he's already agreed to join Hibs but can't find anything definite anywhere.

gone to hibs: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35311478
  • colin1961 said:

Nicholas said:

Lets hope his a bit better then the last Everton player we had here.

Excellent player .... but more a mid player then a striker ?
    It's the wrong time of night Colin, but seriously are you for real?
  • Doubt if we will sign anyone permanently as we are in real danger of the drop...so it will be loan signings if anything at all.
  • Doubt if we will sign anyone permanently as we are in real danger of the drop...so it will be loan signings if anything at all.

But we signed journeyman Johnson for 18 months.....
  • micks1950 said:

Doubt if we will sign anyone permanently as we are in real danger of the drop...so it will be loan signings if anything at all.

Yeah but he was free and not a particularly popular signing
  • Madz said:

micks1950 said:

Doubt if we will sign anyone permanently as we are in real danger of the drop...so it will be loan signings if anything at all.

Yeah but he was free and not a particularly popular signing
    Yes - and describing him as a 'journeyman' was intended to indicate that he's not particularly popular with me either.

But what lay behind my point was that the regime now find themselves in a crisis created by their own incompetence. The 18 month contract for Johnson - which they were almost certainly forced to offer to get even him on board (plus Riga's 18 months for similar reasons) - suggests that they may be forced to do more than just loan signings.

Although I'm not saying they will nor am I especially optimistic...
  • KAG to Cambridge, loan till end of the season. Good for both clubs concerned IMO.
  • KAG to Cambridge, loan till end of the season. Good for both clubs concerned IMO.

Karlan Ahearne-Grant has joined Cambridge United on a youth loan deal until February 13th.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-karlan-ahearne-grant-2904105.aspx#sIlJQSOoJdF4Y5Jy.99
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

Jose Baxter is actually a decent little player

Pity he's a Stoner & Pill popper.

No thanks.
    Oh crap! Sorry I forgot all Charlton fans have never made a mistake in their life have they? My mistake.

• RHODES IN DEMAND

Sky understands that two Championship clubs are interested in Blackburn Rovers striker Jordan Rhodes.

One of those clubs is believed to be Sheffield Wednesday, with Rovers valuing the player at £12m.

Hopefully they sign him before Saturday but can anyone else see Wednesday getting a Transfer Embargo in the next 12-months if they dont go up... Maybe @OperationPig can explain?
  • Think we should give Kevin Nolan a try.
  • And me,got to be better than some of our players.
  • Good player which means that the dumb duo won't do it.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Jose Baxter is actually a decent little player

Pity he's a Stoner & Pill popper.

No thanks.
    Give him some acid and tell him he's playing for a half decent team.
  • http://bit.ly/1nePfdy

#Alerte- Jorge Teixeira should leave the Standard for Charlton bit.ly/1nePfdy
  • Since the transfer of Milos Kosanovic , it was obvious that the future of Jorge Teixeira (29) was no longer in Sclessin . But if the Portuguese defender is courted by the United States , it should rather stay in Europe and try the English adventure. Not in the Premier League but in the Championship since it should engage with ... Charlton .

Roland Duchâtelet club , which just hired as coach José Riga with the key net 6-0 setback at Hull City, currently holds the penultimate place in the championship . Teixeira will have a mission to help the team to ensure its maintenance. The Standard could receive a little more than 500,000 euros in the transaction for a player who arrived free of Zurich May 20, 2014
  • He will never learn. :(
  • But he can't be as bad as Sarr and Johnson :)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!