Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• Could Riga not ask Euell for his opinion.
  • edited January 2016
    if he has anywhere near the talent the previous stopper named Jorge had from the country adjoined to Spain, then that can only be a positive.
  • So Blackburn sign Simeon Jackson and are trying to get Danny Graham on loan from Sunderland.

Sheff W are in for Jordan Rhodes.

If I were Riga, I'd give Lambert a call and tell him Rhodes will get a broken leg, if he plays against us on Saturday. :smile:

• If he is of a similar ilk to our former Jorge that shared a homeland with Luis Figo then he should see us alright.
  • If he's of a similar calibre to a certain Jorge from the Iberian peninsula, then it will be a good bit of business
  • We could afford to lose Johnson for a suspension if he happened to mis-time a tackle. I'd rather he didn't break a leg though. 8 week hamstring or small fracture in the foot maybe.

Any news on whether Vetokele has been barred from seeing his girlfriend throughout the run in? I would definitely do that, or only allow a short visit with limited approved actions should Vetokele put the ball in the net. The more times he puts the ball in the net in a game, the wider the range of options.
  • That sort of thing yes. Although we need to spread the rewards out. I was thinking 1 goal in 1 game, missus gets to come back from holiday and they can go out for dinner but no kissing.

1 goal in each of next two games, kissing flirting and rubbing but all fully dressed.

After next 2 goals BJ

2 goals after that, assuming groin strain tests permit, penetration.

Avoiding relegation, full suite, new holiday and bonus scenario.

• Any news on whether Vetokele has been barred from seeing his girlfriend throughout the run in? I would definitely do that, or only allow a short visit with limited approved actions should Vetokele put the ball in the net. The more times he puts the ball in the net in a game, the wider the range of options.

On the other hand, a bit of bedtime action might help Igor lose some weight.

As long as he doesn't have a pie afterwards
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

I see RD's favourite team Truiden has signed an 18 year old from Liverpool, Allan Rodrigues de Souza has today agreed a loan move to Belgian side Sint-Truidense until the end of the season as the talented Liverpool youngster looks to take the next step in his development.

The Brazilian midfielder joined the Reds from Internacional in September 2015 and immediately set off for a temporary spell with SJK in Finland, where he thrived on the opportunity for playing time. So he does not mind getting players from British teams in for his other teams

When signing youngsters from places like Brazil i think its is quite common for them to be loaned around Europe for visa reasons.

Your point is of course valid with regards to the 100's of other players available on loan from other British sides
  • If he is of a similar ilk to our former Jorge that shared a homeland with Luis Figo then he should see us alright.

Hmm, Semedo used to share a room with Cristiano Ronaldo, that didn't go so well..
  • Bubble said:

Since the transfer of Milos Kosanovic , it was obvious that the future of Jorge Teixeira (29) was no longer in Sclessin . But if the Portuguese defender is courted by the United States , it should rather stay in Europe and try the English adventure. Not in the Premier League but in the Championship since it should engage with ... Charlton .

Roland Duchâtelet club , which just hired as coach José Riga with the key net 6-0 setback at Hull City, currently holds the penultimate place in the championship . Teixeira will have a mission to help the team to ensure its maintenance. The Standard could receive a little more than 500,000 euros in the transaction for a player who arrived free of Zurich May 20, 2014

Roly's way of "repaying" Standard for taking Tony Watt for nothing??
  • edited January 2016
    WEDNESDAY NEAR BENNETT DEAL

Sky sources are telling us that Sheffield Wednesday are expecting the Aston Villa left-back Joe Bennett at Hillsborough today for a medical.

The 25-year-old has been on loan at Bournemouth this season, but hasn’t featured for the first team.

He'd be a perfect signing on loan for us with our Left-Back issues!!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-bennett-poised-for-owls-switch-1-7682209 - Unless we try to sign the other bloke mentioned in this article?

• Any news on whether Vetokele has been barred from seeing his girlfriend throughout the run in? I would definitely do that, or only allow a short visit with limited approved actions should Vetokele put the ball in the net. The more times he puts the ball in the net in a game, the wider the range of options.

Now his wife
  • WEDNESDAY NEAR BENNETT DEAL

Sky sources are telling us that Sheffield Wednesday are expecting the Aston Villa left-back Joe Bennett at Hillsborough today for a medical.

The 25-year-old has been on loan at Bournemouth this season, but hasn’t featured for the first team.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-bennett-poised-for-owls-switch-1-7682209 - Unless we try to sign the other bloke mentioned in this article?

We should try and get Wiggins back

We should try and get Wiggins back
    I hope not

Now his wife
    So, channelling the spirit of Les Dawson, would that be a "yes, definitely only limited approved actions"?
  • colin1961 said:

Ricky Lambert on loan rumour ??

Thanks Colin
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Ricky Lambert on loan rumour ??

funny guy
  • The "Andy Delort" bullet has once again been well and truly dodged!!

PENNANT SIGNS FOR SINGAPORE SIDE

Former Arsenal, Liverpool and Stoke City winger Jermaine Pennant has joined Singapore League side Tampines Rovers.

The 34-year-old has signed up for the 2016 season, with local reports in the Southeast Asian country claiming he is being paid £195,000 per month.

Former Arsenal, Liverpool and Stoke City winger Jermaine Pennant has joined Singapore League side Tampines Rovers.

The 34-year-old has signed up for the 2016 season, with local reports in the Southeast Asian country claiming he is being paid £195,000 per month.

I think the comma is on the wrong place. Most would be 19,5k and even that would be ridiculous for Tampines.
  • see Brizzle City have offered 1m for Bradley Dack (Gillingham) and Stuart Pearce is firm favourite for the manager position at Ashton Gate.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/jermaine-pennant-seals/2437522.html

This site suggests S$45k basic a month, or £22k a month. Nice money by normal standards, but probably near Charlton wages
  • Bradley Dack is a serious player.

So what has happened to Wiggins?
  • Bradley Dack is a serious player.

No chance. We treated him really poorly when he was here as a kid. No way he'd come back.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!