Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• Riga will know him
  • Actually as he is being lined up by these muppets he probably is :(
  • We are obviously not shouting loud enough!
  • edited January 2016
    A decent looking centre half. As the best fit centre halves we have, are Sarr & Lennon, it's a yes from me.

However, when did he last play and why ?

Also. as said above Riga should know him and what he is capable of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Teixeira
  • He sounds more promising than some of the dross we get handed from the network (though technically Standard Liege no longer part of the network so this is a bit surprising). But at the end of the day I'd rather have decent experienced Centre Backs.
  • Literally are taking Standards Reserves now... not good enough.
  • Does this lead us to believe RD still has some kind of involvement at standard? Wasn't there talk of that before?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016
    Bubble said:

Belgian Journalist

"Solid. Scores often on set pieces. But not a leader and lack of passing abilities. Great signing for #CAFC"

Well, we don't have a fit CH, who is solid and can score at set pieces..
    So if he can't pass very well, he just needs to lay it off.

Still sounds more promising than what we have, presently fit.
  • He has had 9 clubs so far, why?
  • ross1 said:

He has had 9 clubs so far, why?

he's always been part of Roland's network?
  • edited January 2016
    Yann Kermorgant on a potential January move from Bournemouth:

“I want to play. I have still got a few years left in my legs and I don’t just want to train and watch my team-mates play. “It is a tough decision for me and my family but I will take the best one for us. “I will speak with the manager and we will take the best decision for him and for me. We have a good relationship and it is not a problem so we will talk and see what we can do. “If I stay, I will be happy. If I move, I will move. I don’t know yet. At the moment, I am I here and I enjoy every minute of it.”
  • Yann Kermorgant on a potential January move from Bournemouth:

“I want to play. I have still got a few years left in my legs and I don’t just want to train and watch my team-mates play. “It is a tough decision for me and my family but I will take the best one for us. “I will speak with the manager and we will take the best decision for him and for me. We have a good relationship and it is not a problem so we will talk and see what we can do. “If I stay, I will be happy. If I move, I will move. I don’t know yet. At the moment, I am I here and I enjoy every minute of it.”

he wouldn't enjoy every minute if he came back here - enjoy is not a Network approved word...

• Literally are taking Standards Reserves now... not good enough.

Buyens, Bulot and TBH were more than good enough last season tbf and they weren't getting a look in there
    Buyens was wanted there. Bulot took long to adapt (We certainly don't have that time right now) and TBH was good in patches.

We can't be taking risks at this moment, but of course we are because of our owner.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

He has had 9 clubs so far, why?

That's just the irons

• I don't give a toss if he's any good, it's Duchatelet laughing at us by continuing to walk down the same path.
  • edited January 2016

I don't give a toss if he's any good, it's Duchatelet laughing at us by continuing to walk down the same path.

I'm inclined to give him benefit of the doubt on this one and say this is Riga's choice. No different if he was to sign someone from Metz.
  • Looks decent enough my only concern is the not a leader comment, as we really need a new CB who can offer that leadership, Johnson might have been that but sounds like he is just not up to this level this season.
  • S Omone from Metz. You heard it here first
  • Do you think Roland could do his Liege owning friend a favour and do a straight swap for a promising young defender we've got in our ranks called Naby? We were told he'll be worth millions in a few years.

Much better deal for Standard. Right?
  • S Omone from Metz. You heard it here first

I just looked "him" up.....
  • And if he's anything like our last Portuguese centre back called Jorge, then we'll do very well with him.
  • If he's half as good as the last CH we had named 'Jorge' then he might steady the defensive line once match ready.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!