Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• vffvff
    edited January 2016

Yann starts for Bournemouth today.

What about the Charlton cup run ?
  • Surely the Dervite rumour must be off now we've signed Williams and Johnson. A friend of mine who supports Middlesbrough said that Williams is a bit lightweight at centre half though so I wouldn't mind still seeing Dervite come in
  • Yann! Bent and Dervite are the rumours! Lol

Bent starting for Derby, Yann starting for B/Mouth, where do we get these rumours from?
  • vff said:

Yann starts for Bournemouth today.

What about the Charlton cup run ?
    The 3rd round equates to a cup run especially as we could be starting in the 1st round next season.
  • If Lookman signs a new contract you can be sure there will be a get out clause and any clubs interested will know how much it is pretty much immediately. Also, it will be a lowish amount because without it being such Lookman might get stuck here. Without such a clause he won't sign at all so sometime he will be off reasonably cheaply. Players hold all the cards these days.
  • Going by today, maybe getting Dailly and Bessone back isn't the worst idea...
  • Going by today, maybe getting Dailly and Bessone back isn't the worst idea...

Better than Sarr and Fox
  • If Lookman signs a new contract you can be sure there will be a get out clause and any clubs interested will know how much it is pretty much immediately. Also, it will be a lowish amount because without it being such Lookman might get stuck here. Without such a clause he won't sign at all so sometime he will be off reasonably cheaply. Players hold all the cards these days.

If he doesn't sign he's still on a contract until 2018 (unless Fraeye's lying...).
  • edited January 2016
    Swisdom said:

Simonsen said:

skywalker said:

Gammysnr said:

I just saw Christophe Lepoint has 7 goals from 19 games in the Belgian Pro League, scored against RD's St Truiden (sp). Maybe he could have done a job for us or is the Pro League poor?

Christophe Lepoint was terrific in the beginning of the season, had a little dip, but is now back playing very well. He's part of a core of 3 or 4 players who carry his current club to some good results and a position in the league accordingly. He's in high esteem over here contrary to Luzon whom I suspect to be the reason of the lack of succes of Lepoint. But IMO succes in football, Championship, EPL or whatever other league depends on lots of ingredients that have to be present. RD (his biggest mistake so far) didn't get enough or the good ingredients for Charlton. If BP was given 4 more players, including a proper striking force and a good spare goalie ... well you know ...
    I explained that I support Royal Antwerp and that they got a new owner with cash to spend. In this owners 1st season, we're top of the division with a game less played and the best defense in Europe. The first day of the transfer opening we signed 4 new players. They'll probably get elected as the club with the best supporters as only 2nd Div club amongst Anderlecht, Club Bruges, Gent (still in the Champions league), etc ... . So, R. Antwerp is on a high 'cause of a new owner that stepped in half a year ago ! RD can see and follow this every day in Flemish media. Surely RD has the means to do likewise and I don't understand why he's not getting tempted by the cash given to the clubs in the Premiership. Mind-boggling ...
    Lepoint never got a start in central midfield and only got a few minutes at the end of games. His only start was as a striker away to Cardiff. Plus his arrival coincided with our best form of the season and so opportunities were limited.
    Partly that and partly the fact he looked absolutely terrible will be the reasons he's no longer here.

He's one of those "10/10 for effort" players but not a lot of ability

skywalker said:

Gammysnr said:

I just saw Christophe Lepoint has 7 goals from 19 games in the Belgian Pro League, scored against RD's St Truiden (sp). Maybe he could have done a job for us or is the Pro League poor?

Christophe Lepoint was terrific in the beginning of the season, had a little dip, but is now back playing very well. He's part of a core of 3 or 4 players who carry his current club to some good results and a position in the league accordingly. He's in high esteem over here contrary to Luzon whom I suspect to be the reason of the lack of succes of Lepoint. But IMO succes in football, Championship, EPL or whatever other league depends on lots of ingredients that have to be present. RD (his biggest mistake so far) didn't get enough or the good ingredients for Charlton. If BP was given 4 more players, including a proper striking force and a good spare goalie ... well you know ...
    I explained that I support Royal Antwerp and that they got a new owner with cash to spend. In this owners 1st season, we're top of the division with a game less played and the best defense in Europe. The first day of the transfer opening we signed 4 new players. They'll probably get elected as the club with the best supporters as only 2nd Div club amongst Anderlecht, Club Bruges, Gent (still in the Champions league), etc ... . So, R. Antwerp is on a high 'cause of a new owner that stepped in half a year ago ! RD can see and follow this every day in Flemish media. Surely RD has the means to do likewise and I don't understand why he's not getting tempted by the cash given to the clubs in the Premiership. Mind-boggling ...
    The thing about Lepoint, for us, was more that he was a totally pointless signing. We didn't need him, he had little re-sale value and he hardly fitted with the Duchatelet model of bring in cheap younger players from the continent.

I don't think Charlton fans really saw enough to make a proper judgement of his abilities, although I gather he looked a bit slow for the Championship, but didn't get much opportunity to adapt to be fair. I don't think any one bears him any ill feeling as an individual, it's just that his signing never made any sense, and he's become a bit of a poster boy for the scatter gun approach to player recruitment we have employed over the last 2 years, but he wasn't the first or last nonsensical signing we have made since RD took over. Glad to hear he is doing well Belgium again though.

Am I right in thinking Ravel Morrison is playing for Royal Antwerp? How is he getting on - always hyped up as very talented in the British media but with a bad reputation for his off-field behavior.
    Morrison doesn't play in Belgium and John Bostock was very good; his current club isn't doing well for the moment though ...
  • No point signing Darren Bent.. He's playing for Derby today so will be cup tied for our march to the Final!
  • Sponsored links:

• We need an attacking cm and a new manager period.
  • Scoham said:

If Lookman signs a new contract you can be sure there will be a get out clause and any clubs interested will know how much it is pretty much immediately. Also, it will be a lowish amount because without it being such Lookman might get stuck here. Without such a clause he won't sign at all so sometime he will be off reasonably cheaply. Players hold all the cards these days.

If he doesn't sign he's still on a contract until 2018 (unless Fraeye's lying...).
    Thought he signed two years at beginning of season so 2017? Maybe wrong.
  • Scoham said:

If Lookman signs a new contract you can be sure there will be a get out clause and any clubs interested will know how much it is pretty much immediately. Also, it will be a lowish amount because without it being such Lookman might get stuck here. Without such a clause he won't sign at all so sometime he will be off reasonably cheaply. Players hold all the cards these days.

Thought he signed two years at beginning of season so 2017? Maybe wrong.
    SLP said two years but later on Fraeye said two and a half. So it's unclear if it runs to 2017 or 2018.
  • We need ten players let alone 3 or 4.
  • We've signed Johnson who's 34 and been starring for Pune City, Williams who's played two games in two years and Poyet whose a defensive midfielder.

I don't see anything there in either the ambition or quality to get us out of the shizer.

The protests must go on and get bigger.

Our club is being strangled.
  • Bristol City agreed to buy Zak Clough from Bolton, I have heard £3m
  • Please no. Another Belgian kid with 74 whole minutes under his belt this season.

We understand that Charlton are in talks with Belgium midfielder Alexis De Sart #cafc pic.twitter.com/EmdUxc7Ghj

— Transfer News Live (@LiveTransferNew) January 11, 2016
  • edited January 2016
    mogodon said:

Please no. Another Belgian kid with 74 whole minutes under his belt this season.

We understand that Charlton are in talks with Belgium midfielder Alexis De Sart #cafc pic.twitter.com/EmdUxc7Ghj

He's just signed for St. Truiden from Standard Liege...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alexis-de-sart/profil/spieler/323713
  • DIAGOURAGA HANDS IN REQUEST

Toumani Diagouraga has handed in a transfer request to Brentford after they rejected a bid from Rangers, according to Sky sources.
  • According to Murray, and I am sure we all believe him, we still have 2 players to bring in
  • Sponsored links:

• mogodon said:

Please no. Another Belgian kid with 74 whole minutes under his belt this season.

He's just signed for St. Truiden from Standard Liege...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alexis-de-sart/profil/spieler/323713

Phew.Thanks
  • edited January 2016
    ross1 said:

According to Murray, and I am sure we all believe him, we still have 2 players to bring in

CAFC Player 4k (Even higher picture quality) and CharltonLife Player (so fans can listen back to Louis over and over and over again), just a small service they're doing for their loyal subscribing customers ;)
  • Dunno if this has been mentioned, but anyone know why George Moncur is at the Valley in this tweet from earlier today?

• edited January 2016
    Seems strange, he is at the Valley, (but when was this pic taken)? and yet Moose talks of going to MK Dons, mind you Moose is not always right, or is this the only pic Moose can find and nothing to do with us and why would Moose be at the Valley this morning?
  • Probably something to do with the West Ham pre season friendly
  • Dunno if this has been mentioned, but anyone know why George Moncur is at the Valley in this tweet from earlier today?

Not sure if whooooosh or not.....

Most definitely taken in the summer
  • Shrew said:

Dunno if this has been mentioned, but anyone know why George Moncur is at the Valley in this tweet from earlier today?

Most definitely taken in the summer
    Yeah 100% I just didn't know if Davey was on a wind up!
  • Last season in the League Cup?
  • Why would there be stewards at the Jimmy Seed stand today?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!