Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/colchester_united_face_battle_to_keep_star_player_george_moncur_1_4370124

Apparently we're being linked with George Moncur, cant remember if this article has already been posted?
  • I think if we really wanted to sell those players Richard Crawley would of had something out by now.
  • http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/colchester_united_face_battle_to_keep_star_player_george_moncur_1_4370124

Apparently we're being linked with George Moncur, cant remember if this article has already been posted?

The last two former Colchester midfield players we've had were Kinsella and Jackson, so he'd have a lot to live up to!

The last two former Colchester midfield players we've had were Kinsella and Jackson, so he'd have a lot to live up to!
    And Harriot?

"The likes of Charlton, Ipswich and Wolves might all be in the frame.

Charlton, who last week welcomed back Callum Harriott from a fruitful three-month spell with the U’s, could be among those clubs leading the chase to sign Moncur, who has bagged nine goals in a poor side this term.

The Addicks are keen to bolster their squad, to improve their chances of retaining their Championship status over the next four months.

Over the last week, Charlton interim head coach, Karel Fraeye, has made three signings with the arrival of defenders Rhys Williams (loan) and Roger Johnson, and midfielder Diego Poyet on loan from West Ham. It is well reported that he wants to sign more players, with the Londoners currently second-from-bottom, so Moncur could be on his radar.

Seems a little vague but a realistic option. Know nothing about him but if he's as good a Jackson or Kinsella then bring it on.
  • Also came through the West Ham Academy so will no doubt win the World Cup before his career is over.
  • Karel Fraeye has assured fans today the club will not be selling. “We don’t look to sell players. We’re not going to sell players. We are in a big battle. All the quality we have in the team we will keep at Charlton Athletic. That’s for sure.” Wonder if he cleared this with Murray/Meire?
  • edited January 2016
    I just saw Christophe Lepoint has 7 goals from 19 games in the Belgian Pro League, scored against RD's St Truiden (sp). Maybe he could have done a job for us or is the Pro League poor?
  • Gammysnr said:

I just saw Christophe Lepoint has 7 goals from 19 games in the Belgian Pro League, scored against RD's St Truiden (sp). Maybe he could have done a job for us or is the Pro League poor?

If you had seen his performance at Cardiff you would not be asking that question..and yes I know he was played out of position but he had a shocker.
  • Christophe Lepoint always ran around like someone who was over the moon that they'd won a prize to be a Footballer for a match, sort of like this...

• Sponsored links:

• @colin1961 we only know Watt is off because of all the leaks, according to KF he just went to get games and get fit. None of this lot would recognise the truth if they were head butted by it.
  • Wonder what has happened to our attempts to sign Jodi Jones from Dagenham in the Summer?

Colin do you have any scope at all? (Sorry that was mean)
  • mogodon said:

Karel Fraeye has assured fans today the club will not be selling. “We don’t look to sell players. We’re not going to sell players. We are in a big battle. All the quality we have in the team we will keep at Charlton Athletic. That’s for sure.” Wonder if he cleared this with Murray/Meire?

Ern, what quality in the team....
  • edited January 2016

Gammysnr said:

If you had seen his performance at Cardiff you would not be asking that question..and yes I know he was played out of position but he had a shocker.
    I have sympathy for him here..he was played upfront when he clearly was a midfielder, this was one of a few at least bizarre moves from Luzon, playing a player out of position who had barely settled in.
  • Weirdly we are the most active club in Jan window so far with 3 signings! Derby have 2
  • colin1961 said:

boogica said:

The sun says Gudmundsson is on his way along with watt and vetokele apparently we want to raise 2million ?

Probably let KF go and spend it FFS
    Or they want to get a new sofa .

Rubbish .....

Watt already going for 1.2 mill
    Vetokele would not pass a medical and Gudmunsson well we turned down an offer bigger then 2 mill from wolves so unlikely to sell him for less then 500,000 now

If Vetokele wouldn't pass a medical how is he playing now...?

He only got a bloody achilles injury, not a nasty leg break (i.e. Rhys Williams did his achilles in twice yet somehow signed for us!!)
    He got an achilles injury and a groin strain these together have kept him out a while...

He'd still pass a medical over Andy Reid though.
  • andyg90 said:

mogodon said:

Karel Fraeye has assured fans today the club will not be selling. “We don’t look to sell players. We’re not going to sell players. We are in a big battle. All the quality we have in the team we will keep at Charlton Athletic. That’s for sure.” Wonder if he cleared this with Murray/Meire?

Ern, what quality in the team....
    Ademola Lookman, Johann Berg Gudmundsson, Patrick Bauer... Alou Diarra?....................erm
  • I don't speak Swedish but am reliably informed that this means a bloke called Eric Smith who plays in Sweden has turned us down.

http://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/allsvenskan/norrkoping-har-lagt-bud-pa-eric-smith/
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

boogica said:

The sun says Gudmundsson is on his way along with watt and vetokele apparently we want to raise 2million ?

Probably let KF go and spend it FFS
    Or they want to get a new sofa .

Rubbish .....

Watt already going for 1.2 mill
    Vetokele would not pass a medical and Gudmunsson well we turned down an offer bigger then 2 mill from wolves so unlikely to sell him for less then 500,000 now

Thanks Karel.
  • I don't speak Swedish but am reliably informed that this means a bloke called Eric Smith who plays in Sweden has turned us down.

http://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/allsvenskan/norrkoping-har-lagt-bud-pa-eric-smith/

Now that's what I call shirt sponsorship, he looks more like an F1 driver!

• edited January 2016

I don't speak Swedish but am reliably informed that this means a bloke called Eric Smith who plays in Sweden has turned us down.

Basically he says he won't be joining as he cant face the prospect at not being able to drive his car out of the west stand car park on match days, because of all the pesants that have started to gather. He wasn't happy with only a 2% signing on fee either.
  • Eric Smith looks like Macaulay Culkin with his hair cut!!
  • Oxford United have been linked with a move for Charlton Athletic striker Joe Pigott according to The Oxford Mail.

Charlton English The Championship has previously made two bids for the midfielder who, however, turned down a move to the club a week ago.
    - It is true that Eric chose to say no to Charlton says HBK's Club Manager Fredrik Andersson.
  • skywalker said:

Gammysnr said:

Christophe Lepoint was terrific in the beginning of the season, had a little dip, but is now back playing very well. He's part of a core of 3 or 4 players who carry his current club to some good results and a position in the league accordingly. He's in high esteem over here contrary to Luzon whom I suspect to be the reason of the lack of succes of Lepoint. But IMO succes in football, Championship, EPL or whatever other league depends on lots of ingredients that have to be present. RD (his biggest mistake so far) didn't get enough or the good ingredients for Charlton. If BP was given 4 more players, including a proper striking force and a good spare goalie ... well you know ...
    I explained that I support Royal Antwerp and that they got a new owner with cash to spend. In this owners 1st season, we're top of the division with a game less played and the best defense in Europe. The first day of the transfer opening we signed 4 new players. They'll probably get elected as the club with the best supporters as only 2nd Div club amongst Anderlecht, Club Bruges, Gent (still in the Champions league), etc ... . So, R. Antwerp is on a high 'cause of a new owner that stepped in half a year ago ! RD can see and follow this every day in Flemish media. Surely RD has the means to do likewise and I don't understand why he's not getting tempted by the cash given to the clubs in the Premiership. Mind-boggling ...
    Lepoint never got a start in central midfield and only got a few minutes at the end of games. His only start was as a striker away to Cardiff. Plus his arrival coincided with our best form of the season and so opportunities were limited.
  • Simonsen said:

skywalker said:

Gammysnr said:

Christophe Lepoint was terrific in the beginning of the season, had a little dip, but is now back playing very well. He's part of a core of 3 or 4 players who carry his current club to some good results and a position in the league accordingly. He's in high esteem over here contrary to Luzon whom I suspect to be the reason of the lack of succes of Lepoint. But IMO succes in football, Championship, EPL or whatever other league depends on lots of ingredients that have to be present. RD (his biggest mistake so far) didn't get enough or the good ingredients for Charlton. If BP was given 4 more players, including a proper striking force and a good spare goalie ... well you know ...
    I explained that I support Royal Antwerp and that they got a new owner with cash to spend. In this owners 1st season, we're top of the division with a game less played and the best defense in Europe. The first day of the transfer opening we signed 4 new players. They'll probably get elected as the club with the best supporters as only 2nd Div club amongst Anderlecht, Club Bruges, Gent (still in the Champions league), etc ... . So, R. Antwerp is on a high 'cause of a new owner that stepped in half a year ago ! RD can see and follow this every day in Flemish media. Surely RD has the means to do likewise and I don't understand why he's not getting tempted by the cash given to the clubs in the Premiership. Mind-boggling ...
    Lepoint never got a start in central midfield and only got a few minutes at the end of games. His only start was as a striker away to Cardiff. Plus his arrival coincided with our best form of the season and so opportunities were limited.
    Partly that and partly the fact he looked absolutely terrible will be the reasons he's no longer here.

He's one of those "10/10 for effort" players but not a lot of ability

ABU DHABI. This is the player who can replace Alexander Fransson of IFK Norrkoping.

According to information Sportexpressen the Swedish champions made a bid to Halmstad BK's midfielder Eric Smith.

- Norrköping is one of the clubs interested. Do they want him, they may come with an offer which we can accept, says Halmstads Club Manager Fredrik Andersson.
    AD:
    Learn more about Allsvenskan 2015

National Team player leaves IFK Gothenburg - 16:17

Dig the new coach: "The strangest I've ever met" - 16:08

The club has received several bids for giant talent - 15:28

Great Dane doubt to Malmö FF's tränarval - 14:38

Therefore, drug Malmö practicing hunting out of time - 14:12

Malmo FF offered a hefty bang - 13:13

Done: Kuhn takes over the coaching job in the MFF - 10:20

The clause may provide Norrköping million - 09:11

Dulee Johnson is ready for the club at the top level - 08:07

Soon you can really deal to get rid of: 'Is no talk' - January 7

It was last week that it became clear that IFK Norrköping sell Alexander Franssons to FC Basel.

The transfer fee was around 18 million. Fransson is on January tour of Abu Dhabi and connects to his new club after the camp in the United Arab Emirates.

IFK Norrköping has several players who are being considered for an adventure abroad. Both Christoffer Nyman and Emir Kujović has been courted by foreign clubs.
    Turned down Charlton

Therefore, looking club is now strengthening.

And it is first and foremost about a replacement for Alexander Fransson.

According to information Sportexpressen club has also made a bid for Halmstads midfielder Eric Smith, 18th

Clubs should, however, be a piece of apart at present but there is no doubt that Norrkoping happy to see Smith in the club over in 2016.

Charlton English The Championship has previously made two bids for the midfielder who, however, turned down a move to the club a week ago.

- It is true that Eric chose to say no to Charlton says HBK's Club Manager Fredrik Andersson.

How do you see Eric Smith and the situation around him?

- We understand that there is interest in Eric because he is one of Sweden's most exciting talents. But we very much want to keep him and extend him.

- I do not think it would be a disadvantage to him if he stayed. He is so young still and have made a full season in the league despite not turned 19 yet.

According to our data would IFK Norrkoping have him?

- IFK Norrköping is one of the clubs interested.

Where is the ball now?

- The ball is in Norrköping. Do they want him, they may come with an offer which we can accept.

They have already made ​​an offer?

- That I will not comment.
    Norrkoping: "We are interested"

Norrköping manager Janne Andersson know Eric Smith well. He would not comment anything about the negotiations with HBK but recognizes that 18-year-old is an exciting player.

- I will not comment on Eric Smith is on the way to us or not. But I know Eric well. His dad was the coach of HBK for many years and I have been on holiday with him when Eric was little.

- However, I have not known him over the years when I was in Norrköping but follow him with interest. Think he's really good player.

- Since he is a bit more balance rate than Fransson. Let's see what happens. He is a very interesting, I must admit.

- We are interested.

HBK wants to be right well paid considering that he is 18 and has a lot Allsvenskan season behind them?

- Yes, but then I can counter with that he only has a year left on contract
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!