Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• Kevin Nolan mentioned on ITTV... thoughts?

As long as his sisters dont sing in the pre match warm up.
  • seth plum said:

Vaz Te probably has a great attitude, but is anonymous on the pitch so far. Watt has a poor attitude it seems clear, but he is a presence.

I thought he played OK up at Burnley. Our only attacking outlet and we fell apart when he went off injured.
  • BREAKING NEWS... Derby sign Nick Blackman from Reading on a three-and-a-half year deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35242210

£2.5m for a player whose contract expires in the summer, and who has done little other than this season...
    BUT .. he's in great form, he's about the same age as Vardy and Austin, just matured & in his prime, AND the Derby owner is a Derby born and bred self made multi millionaire who loves the club and puts his cash where his love is (Derby's second striker signing this week) .. Derby & M'Boro both owned by local boys done well and look where they are now .. where is our local multi millionaire with cash to spare ?

• BREAKING NEWS... Derby sign Nick Blackman from Reading on a three-and-a-half year deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35242210

£2.5m for a player whose contract expires in the summer, and who has done little other than this season...
    BUT .. he's in great form, he's about the same age as Vardy and Austin, just matured & in his prime, AND the Derby owner is a Derby born and bred self made multi millionaire who loves the club and puts his cash where his love is (Derby's second striker signing this week) .. Derby & M'Boro both owned by local boys done well and look where they are now .. where is our local multi millionaire with cash to spare ?

Thought Derby were owned by Americans?
  • seth plum said:

Vaz Te probably has a great attitude, but is anonymous on the pitch so far. Watt has a poor attitude it seems clear, but he is a presence.

agree, been seriously underwhelmed by Vaz Te.
    Would rather Tony Watt than Vaz te anyday. Watt may have not been great this year have a "poor" attitude but at least seems to care & was always like to cause opposition defence problems but Vaz Te appears either lazy or permanently knackered. On one occasion on saturday Solly burst down the wing & we didn't have one man in the box & Vaz Te was WALKING over the halfway line.
  • We were formerly linked with Josh Windass from Accrington.

He's on the verge of completing a move to Glasgow Rangers

From BBC Sport:

12:25
    Accrington Stanley's Josh Windass and Matt Crooks have agreed outline terms with Rangers with a view to pre-contract deals, BBC Scotland has learned.

The fee for the pair is believed to be £400,000.

PA Sport is reporting that the midfield duo are travelling to Glasgow and will have medicals with the Championship leaders later this afternoon.

Both men are out of contract at the end of the season and are free to negotiate pre-contracts with Rangers
  • edited January 2016

seth plum said:

Would rather Tony Watt than Vaz te anyday. Watt may have not been great this year have a "poor" attitude but at least seems to care & was always like to cause opposition defence problems but Vaz Te appears either lazy or permanently knackered. On one occasion on saturday Solly burst down the wing & we didn't have one man in the box & Vaz Te was WALKING over the halfway line.
    Really not so sure about this, I'd prefer a frontline that was working together, fluid and picking up on each others runs off the ball. There have been more instances of this since Tony W left.

• Sponsored links:

• Shrew said:

seth plum said:

Really not so sure about this, I'd prefer a frontline that was working together, fluid and picking up on each others runs off the ball. There have been more instances of this since Tony W left.

Possibly so, but I don't remember many of those instances involving Vaz Te.

• Shrew said:

seth plum said:

I'd prefer Tony Watt to all our current set of strikers, bar perhaps Lookman.
    I think we all would (including the players, manager etc) but not when he's fighting people. If we had a club full of Roger Johnsons and Diarras maybe but not with a load of young players about.
  • seth plum said:

Shrew said:

seth plum said:

Possibly so, but I don't remember many of those instances involving Vaz Te.

The 3 up front of Vaz Te in the middle, flanked by Lookman and Reza looked very dangerous at Brighton
  • -----------Henderson
    Solly-----Bauer----Diarra-----THD
    JBG---------Poyet-----Harriott
    --Lookman--Vaz Te--Watt

bit too attacking maybe?
  • Vaz te needs to play central and up front.

If Lookman goes to Palace I reckon there will be riots.

And then princess will wonder why, the customers are so angry.
    Just explain to her it's like ordering your favourite steak meal at a restaurant, paying for it, only for a bigger bloke to sit down next to you and taking it off your plate, she'll get it then.
  • edited January 2016
    colin1961 said:

Vaz Te has been playing out of position

Bournemouth have agreed to sign a striker from aboard ....

But don't rule out Darren Bent

They signed the striker from abroad a few days ago Colin. - Juan Iturbe from Roma.... Nice scoop though....I wonder if Eddie Howe knows yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Tbf I've seen Iturbe described as a winger on a few sites and suspect that Howe is still looking for another striker before letting Yann go.
  • Come on fellas.........I'm afraid Colin has got this one right, SSN has said Eddie Howe have made a play for El Shaarawy from AC Milan. So I think old Colin needs to be cut a little slack here?
  • Simonsen said:

Shrew said:

seth plum said:

I'd prefer Tony Watt to all our current set of strikers, bar perhaps Lookman.
    I think we all would (including the players, manager etc) but not when he's fighting people. If we had a club full of Roger Johnsons and Diarras maybe but not with a load of young players about.
    We just need to hire Colin Todd in the backroom staff. He would give him a good pasting and make sure he behaves.
  • I've got a feeling my left foot is LEFT and my right foot is RIGHT... Dont quote me though
  • Come on fellas.........I'm afraid Colin has got this one right, SSN has said Eddie Howe have made a play for El Shaarawy from AC Milan. So I think old Colin needs to be cut a little slack here?

El Shaarawy is another wide player rather than an out and out striker. No slack being cut. (:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!