Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Confirmed: Lawrie (lil Bo Peep) Wilson .. Notlob to the Posh on loan .. good luck to him with a promotion seeking club
  • I would prefer Waggy to Danny Green

Danny Green has a nicer house though.
    That thread still brings a smile to my face when I think back on it, one of the classics :smiley:
  • Appreciate Meire is damned whatever she does, but there doesn't seem a coherent strategy here, simply a blind panic to try and get us out of this mess before another summer of piss-poor signings. And given the people signed are ones they have previously discarded and who we are not having to fight off other clubs to get, it makes you wonder if the whole scouting system has imploded.
  • mogodon said:

Appreciate Meire is damned whatever she does, but there doesn't seem a coherent strategy here, simply a blind panic to try and get us out of this mess before another summer of piss-poor signings. And given the people signed are ones they have previously discarded and who we are not having to fight off other clubs to get, it makes you wonder if the whole scouting system has imploded.

there is some logic: cheap, experienced players on short term deals or loans and a big prayer that they all stay fit despite some injury concerns ..
    all areas have been strengthened .. Johnson & Williams at the back, Poyet in the middle and Vaz Te up front along with the recalled Harriott .. a little patience will be required to see how the new pieces fit the puzzle
  • mogodon said:

Appreciate Meire is damned whatever she does, but there doesn't seem a coherent strategy here, simply a blind panic to try and get us out of this mess before another summer of piss-poor signings. And given the people signed are ones they have previously discarded and who we are not having to fight off other clubs to get, it makes you wonder if the whole scouting system has imploded.

But we have strengthened in exactly the places most needed, not including the manager of course..
  • Shrew said:

mogodon said:

But we have strengthened in exactly the places most needed, not including the manager of course..
    Not disagreeing with that, but some of these are players who RD/KM etc decided not that long ago were not good enough. It's not as if they have been turning in outstanding performances in the time since they were jettisoned. I would be fascinated to know the strategy to what we are doing. Which, of course, as a mere customer I have no right to know.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know we are now the (very low) summit of RD's network, but surely there is some dross one or two of his other clubs want to offload to a CEO without any knowledge of footballers? It's January 5 and we haven't signed a single Belgian.
  • Ryan Kent has been recalled from Coventry by Liverpool. Not sure what their plan for him is and this isn't a rumour, but I'd definitely take him.
  • Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-watt-wants-stay-cardiff-10687089 ('Tony Watt wants to stay at Cardiff')

Looking forward to getting over-excited about re-signing him on a 6-month loan in 2018...

Was a done deal a month ago. The most shocking transfer decision we'll have all season. And that's including handing Roger Johnson 18 months.
  • Essex_Al said:

Talksport just said Lookman could be going to Spurs and loaned back to us for the rest of the season!

Could see him doing a similar job to Defoe, he'd do well there.
  • Fraeye will be hopeful of adding at least one more player to his squad before the weekend.

Not bad, brought in 3 new(?) players, 2 youth players back from loans, he made this statement above, and yet when he joined us he said the squad was good enough.
  • Grant Holt? .. another old warhorse .. loan to Wolves finished 2/1 .. hasn't played that often, might be rusty but still a possibility for a short term deal ?
  • ross1 said:

Fraeye will be hopeful of adding at least one more player to his squad before the weekend.

Not bad, brought in 3 new(?) players, 2 youth players back from loans, he made this statement above, and yet when he joined us he said the squad was good enough.

I don't think that Karel is the man to take us forward but he had to say that. He couldn't say 'I intend to bring in six first-teamers in the window' with a dozen games to play (until the window).
  • Fraeye will be hopeful of adding at least one more player to his squad before the weekend.

Issues here. His squad? Really? One he was handed and has little say in, more like.

And I am hopeful of dinner with Natalie Portman before the weekend as well. Suspect I will get as much say in that as Fraeye will in who he signs, if anyone.
  • Sponsored links:

• mogodon said:

Fraeye will be hopeful of adding at least one more player to his squad before the weekend.

Issues here. His squad? Really? One he was handed and has little say in, more like.

And I am hopeful of dinner with Natalie Portman before the weekend as well. Suspect I will get as much say in that as Fraeye will in who he signs, if anyone.

I think the one thing we have all agreed on is that the final irony with Fraeye slagging off the players is that they are all "his". Open secret that he has done all the network scouting.
  • Most of the signings in the past two years are Fraeye's men.
  • Most of the signings in the past two years are Fraeye's men.

I bet he swore like a Belgian when he realised the dross he had been sending the way of Luzon etc was now going to be his to work with. Still not convinced he had as much input as was claimed though.
  • mogodon said:

I think the one thing we have all agreed on is that the final irony with Fraeye slagging off the players is that they are all "his". Open secret that he has done all the network scouting.
    He has a split personality.

Thus head coach Fraeye can slag off scout Fraeye...
  • mrbligh said:

colin1961 said:

mogodon said:

Most of the signings in the past two years are Fraeye's men.

I bet he swore like a Belgian when he realised the dross he had been sending the way of Luzon etc was now going to be his to work with. Still not convinced he had as much input as was claimed though.
    He had no influence ,if he did why is not playing players that he supposed to have scouted and brought to the club ....more nonsense
    Pot kettle black
  • That's one useful looking can of spray. Let's hope it works and if it does put me down for a can.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!