Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Joe Pigott has returned to Charlton

Correction, he's returned because his loan has ended but apparently Southend are in discussions with us in regards to his future (Daily Mail) - I do find that strange though as wasnt a perm deal agreed as part of the loan agreement?
  • We desperately needed to do early business, and I'm glad we've been proactive

I imagine Euell would have been involved in some of these deals, he'll know Poyet and Johnson, and did briefly play at Boro so maybe has contacts there

I imagine Euell would have been involved in some of these deals, he'll know Poyet and Johnson, and did briefly play at Boro so maybe has contacts there

Good point, Euell would have been at Middlesboro just as Williams was about to sign his first pro deal, though it is 8/9 years later, professional football is a small world
  • Shilow Tracey of Ebbsfleet looks set to join Spurs
  • sam3110 said:

We desperately needed to do early business, and I'm glad we've been proactive

Good point, Euell would have been at Middlesboro just as Williams was about to sign his first pro deal, though it is 8/9 years later, professional football is a small world
    Boro seem quite a stable club, Euell would probably still know some of the backroom staff (and indeed Steve Gibson)
  • Shilow Tracey of Ebbsfleet looks set to join Spurs

I heard we'd got him a month or so ago

• Sponsored links:

• Olly Groome ‏@ollygroome 1m1 minute ago
    Roger a free agent though, so does that, technically, count

Wonder what @Ollywozere means by this? ;)

I hope Euell was involved as there doesn't seem to be anyone else involved in the process that has a clue about football (and that includes the hapless interim manager)
  • smsm
    edited January 2016

We just need to sign Parker , Jensen , Shelvey , Gomez and Jenkinson and we can cancel the protests..brilliant again from mad Roly...

With the Lord Curbishley in charge!
  • Chris Eagles anybody?
    No source but it seems quite likely the way things are going.
  • Roger Johnson actually trending on Twitter now! A few snide comments too...
  • cafc-west said:

Roger Johnson actually trending on Twitter now! A few snide comments too...

#CAFC re-sign Roger Johnson - his best moment https://t.co/gt6YYTDNVL

— Football Burp (@FootballBurp) January 4, 2016
  • Pennant is still a free agent we had him on trial at the beginning if the season.. I'd have taken him then (as back up/squad player) I'd take him now!

Or Eagles if he is still unattached...
  • Saw earlier that Jermaine Pennant is being linked with a League club in Singapore.

If he's failed to get a Contract anywhere here in England by now then its a no from me
  • Sponsored links:

• Olly Groome ‏@ollygroome 1m1 minute ago
    Roger a free agent though, so does that, technically, count

Wonder what @Ollywozere means by this? ;)

Only a response to the Charlton Museum tweet about Johnson being our first signing from an Indian club.
  • edited January 2016
    Who's going to be next, Yann or Riga?

• Personally I think we should sign Max Power from Wigan. I hear he's the man whose name you mustn't touch.
  • RedPanda said:

Personally I think we should sign Max Power from Wigan. I hear he's the man whose name you mustn't touch.

We'll be going after his Brother... Naw Power
  • Can we please sign a creative midfielder
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!