Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• What striker in our budget could we sign?.

Kanu.
    Finally!
  • Missed It said:

All of these rumoured signings seem desperate to me. Poyet? Kermogant? Johnson? It smells of Ms Meire sat in her office trying to think of things to get the fans off her back. There's no scouting going with these signings.

Who has been out to India to watch Johnson?
    Kermogant barely plays at Bournemouth and he's two years older now.
    The Poyet rumour seems weird to me. Is Ms Meire trying to make up for losing him in the first place - why would he even come back?

Someone seems to have left a pile of old programmes in her office which she has mistaken for scouting notes. Won't happen once she abolishes the programme though.
  • Based on current rumours etc... This could become our strongest side

Henderson
    Solly ... Johnson ... Bauer ... Fox
    Gudmundsson ... Poyet ... Cousins ... Harriott
    Kermorgant ... Wellington Nem

Bench: Pope ... Sarr ... Lennon ... Holmes-Dennis ... Diarra ... Jackson ... Lookman

Henderson

Bench: Pope ... Sarr ... Lennon ... Holmes-Dennis ... Diarra ... Jackson ... Lookman

Who the hell is Wellington Nem?

Henderson

Who the hell is Wellington Nem?
    Mentioned in the above Rumours... Doubtful it'll happen but just listing the possibilities from the names said so far
  • edited January 2016
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6524746/SunSports-daily-football-round-up.html

MANCHESTER UNITED will let Nick Powell go out on loan for the rest of the season.

Powell, 21, has made two appearances for Louis van Gaal since recovering from injury.

Preston lead a six-club race for the midfielder, who is out of contract in the summer and keen to show United he is worth a new deal by proving himself in the Championship.

No clubs mentioned but still think we could do a lot worse with an Attacking Midfielder, he's got a bit of an attitude which could be an issue yet thought he was one of Wigan's strongest players on their march to the Play-Offs in 2014.
  • edited January 2016

Based on current rumours etc... This could become our strongest side

Henderson

Where is Williams, our new signing, plus Bauer is out for 6 weeks
  • ross1 said:

Based on current rumours etc... This could become our strongest side

Henderson

Where is Williams, our new signing, plus Bauer is out for 6 weeks
    Completely forgot about Williams but in regards to Bauer...

I did state that the above team could become our strongest side, I didnt state that its our strongest side at the present.
  • Hendo

Solly Diarra Bauer THD

Cousins Poyet

Lookman JBG Harriott

Yann

Decent.
  • Sponsored links:

• I like the team but still have question marks over THD @ Left-Back... Whenever I've seen him he's performed much better when operating at Right-Back or when he's playing Left Midfield.

Not sure as well if I'd play Diarra in Defence... We've shipped a lot of goals with Diarra and Bauer at the back so would maybe try something different there
  • I like the team but still have question marks over THD @ Left-Back... Whenever I've seen him he's performed much better when operating at Right-Back or when he's playing Left Midfield.

Not sure as well if I'd play Diarra in Defence... We've shipped a lot of goals with Diarra and Bauer at the back so would maybe try something different there

Yes I have question marks too, although I have more of them over Fox, so THD gets the nod.

Maybe so, but compared to our other options they're the best.
  • West Ham confirm Poyet has joined Charlton until the end of the season on loan.

— Brad Pinard (@Brad_Pinard) January 4, 2016
  • Hendo

Solly Diarra Bauer THD

Cousins Poyet

Lookman JBG Harriott

Yann

Decent.

Agreed but won't matter in the slightest who we get in during in January if the interim one is left in charge of first team matters!
  • http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6524746/SunSports-daily-football-round-up.html

MANCHESTER UNITED will let Nick Powell go out on loan for the rest of the season.

Powell, 21, has made two appearances for Louis van Gaal since recovering from injury.

Preston lead a six-club race for the midfielder, who is out of contract in the summer and keen to show United he is worth a new deal by proving himself in the Championship.

No clubs mentioned but still think we could do a lot worse with an Attacking Midfielder, he's got a bit of an attitude which could be an issue yet thought he was one of Wigan's strongest players on their march to the Play-Offs in 2014.

Bit harsh on Preston

• http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20160104-jack-stephens-middlesbrough-loan-recalled-2883668.aspx

Shame we didnt hold out for Jack Stephens from Southampton... Has just been recalled from Middlesbrough because he wasnt playing for them, is a really highly rated Central Defender
  • Johnson signing confirmed.

18 month deal.
  • Johnson signing confirmed.

18 month deal.

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, but he obviously wasn't felt good enough at the end of last season. Mind you, we probably already had Naby lined up, so that explains that one!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe we offered him a deal last season and he decided he could do better, and ended up in India? I'm sure there was rumblings of a MLS team looking to sign him, but that didn't come to fruition and he is now back with us after keeping himself fit by playing.
  • Happy with both the signings. Could do with a couple more though!
  • Richard Cawley is saying that Diego Poyet will be signing later this afternoon (Loan till the end of the Season)
  • Another player that so far has no links with coming to Charlton... Reckon we should try though:

It looks like Arsene Wenger has finally had enough of Serge Gnabry's lack of game time down at The Hawthorns.
    Gnabry has played a whopping 12 minutes while on loan at the fellow Premier League side - but reports suggest Wenger has ended the spell.

Gnabry is expected to go straight back out on loan with Championship clubs interested.
  • Happy with both the signings. Could do with a couple more though!

Happy with Poyet - sceptical with Johnson, but agree both are a step in the right direction. Although only at Charlton could re-signing two players you should never have let go amount to a step in the right direction.
  • se9addick said:

Happy with both the signings. Could do with a couple more though!

Happy with Poyet - sceptical with Johnson, but agree both are a step in the right direction. Although only at Charlton could re-signing two players you should never have let go amount to a step in the right direction.
    se9addick said:

Happy with both the signings. Could do with a couple more though!

Johnson is a leader and even if he isn't the best centre-back, it will take some pressure off Jackson and Diarra by having him in the squad. He'll do a good job for us.
  • sam3110 said:

Another player that so far has no links with coming to Charlton... Reckon we should try though:

It looks like Arsene Wenger has finally had enough of Serge Gnabry's lack of game time down at The Hawthorns.
    Gnabry has played a whopping 12 minutes while on loan at the fellow Premier League side - but reports suggest Wenger has ended the spell.

Gnabry is expected to go straight back out on loan with Championship clubs interested.

Gnabry would be great, or Iwobi from Arsenal too, about time they repaid us turning Song and Coquelin into proper midfielders (Frimpong was a lost cause)
    Yeah even Arsenal agreed with us that Frimpong was just too dench or whatever the hell it was
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!