Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• Haven't seen it mentioned but, Bournemouth have agreed signing of Roma striker Juan Iturbe on loan until end of season. Kermorgant surplus to requirements now?
  • WTF!!!

Where the hell is this clown fro...m, oh!
  • Bournemouth have pulled off a coup there!
  • This Williams chap will be this season Onewyu or whatever is name was from last season
  • To be fair, Williams, Yann, Poyet and Alex Pritchard would be a great start to the transfer window if the rumours do come true. All are proven championship players which we have been asking for for over 2 years....we just need to hope they are fit enough to contribute this season.

Add another CB and a winger to the above and our depleted squad would become a side which could compete and give us hope of survival.
  • I just fully don't care
  • edited January 2016
    ross1 said:

Transfer window, I think is the same as premier league.
    Logic dictates that the window should be open for business as soon as the clock strikes midnight on New Year's Day, but in fact the Premier League's transfer window does not open until midnight on January 2. Closes February 1st

I put this up earlier, so Williams can't play tomorrow, although to be fair, I wouldn't argue against Kett's knowledge
  • To be fair, Williams, Yann, Poyet and Alex Pritchard would be a great start to the transfer window if the rumours do come true. All are proven championship players which we have been asking for for over 2 years....we just need to hope they are fit enough to contribute this season.

Add another CB and a winger to the above and our depleted squad would become a side which could compete and give us hope of survival.

I think it will be a major mistake for Poyet and Kermorgant to come back, give it five minutes and they'll be thinking wtf is going on here.

Aside from I do not think for one minute they would come back, particularly Kermorgant.
  • edited January 2016
    let alone everything else that is going on with the club, why would any of these players want to come and play under Fraeye?
  • Sponsored links:

• Why would any ex player that couldn't get away quick enough want to come back to our shambles of a club, and to be fair would kermogant in particular be able to reproduce what he did for us previously?, sometimes going over old ground isn't the way.
  • Macronate said:

let one everything else that is going on with the club, why would any of these players want to come and play under Fraeye?

They get paid and they get games. Simples
  • edited January 2016

To be fair, Williams, Yann, Poyet and Alex Pritchard would be a great start to the transfer window if the rumours do come true. All are proven championship players which we have been asking for for over 2 years....we just need to hope they are fit enough to contribute this season.

Not the way they work unfortunately. It'll be one out, one in.

Watt out, Vaz Te in is a prime example.

Don't forget we're over budget!

I think it will be a major mistake for Poyet and Kermorgant to come back, give it five minutes and they'll be thinking wtf is going on here.

Aside from I do not think for one minute they would come back, particularly Kermorgant.
    Both players played their best football at Charlton, had a good rapport with the fans and wouldn't want to see us go down.

They need to go on loan to championship teams to get games and based on where they live/have property Charlton would be a great fit.
    I'd like to think that you are right.

I think the players can see the s*** that is going on and have got wrapped up in it.

Besides, with Kermorgant even though he is only on the fringe with Bournemouth I doubt he would give up his once-in-a-lifetime involvement with the Premier League for relegation to League 1.
  • Williams the man with 90 seconds of play under his belt in the past 23/24 months, it's laughable. U21 matches mean nothing at this stage in the season we are in, they aren't in front of crowds and they aren't up against sizey 6ft men sticking their shoulders and knees just about everywhere to make you uncomfortable.
  • Williams the man with 90 seconds of play under his belt in the past 23/24 months, it's laughable. U21 matches mean nothing at this stage in the season we are in, they aren't in front of crowds and they aren't up against sizey 6ft men sticking their shoulders and knees just about everywhere to make you uncomfortable.

Total b******* quite frankly.
  • edited January 2016

To be fair, Williams, Yann, Poyet and Alex Pritchard would be a great start to the transfer window if the rumours do come true. All are proven championship players which we have been asking for for over 2 years....we just need to hope they are fit enough to contribute this season.

Both players played their best football at Charlton, had a good rapport with the fans and wouldn't want to see us go down.

They need to go on loan to championship teams to get games and based on where they live/have property Charlton would be a great fit.
    I'd like to think that you are right.

I think the players can see the s*** that is going on and have got wrapped up in it.

Besides, with Kermorgant even though he is only on the fringe with Bournemouth I doubt he would give up his once-in-a-lifetime involvement with the Premier League for relegation to League 1.
    Yann is surplus at Bournemouth now or at least they want him to be. He's only still there because they are short up front until January. Next season he won't get a sniff in the Premier League so if he wants football for another year ? Then he needs to lower his sights away from Bournemouth. We might be the easiest fit for him.

• 90 seconds of football in 2 years. Quality Katrien and co you really know your stuff.
  • seth plum said:

Loan signing, signal of intent there.
    Not underwhelmed or overwhelmed, simply lost my whelm completely.

Dewhelmed?
    Whelmless?
    Unwhelmable?

• Sponsored links:

• So at the moment we are strongly linked with Rhys Williams, a utility player who has played 90 seconds in two years. Obviously our extensive injury list and the fact most of these injuries have happened to players lacking in match fitness is lost on the club. As well as that we are linked with Roger Johnson, Yann Kermorgant and Diego Poyet. Three players who have already played for us in the past. Because that is what happens when you don't have a bloody chief scout. Maybe we'll bring some decent players in but I suspect by the end of this window we won't have too much to show for our current scouting techniques.
  • So at the moment we are strongly linked with Rhys Williams, a utility player who has played 90 seconds in two years. Obviously our extensive injury list and the fact most of these injuries have happened to players lacking in match fitness is lost on the club. As well as that we are linked with Roger Johnson, Yann Kermorgant and Diego Poyet. Three players who have already played for us in the past. Because that is what happens when you don't have a bloody chief scout. Maybe we'll bring some decent players in but I suspect by the end of this window we won't have too much to show for our current scouting techniques.

Bet our medical staff love the overtime they must be getting paid nowadays!

As I have said in previous threads, it doesn't matter how many decent players we bring in if the clown of an interim coach remains in charge!

We need 4/5 decent players along with a decent, experienced coach/manager. If we don't get both in early January we aren't getting out of this mess.

• Normally I read the rumours on a pretty regular basis. This is the first time I've opened this thread and even then only read the last page. Don't know if I'm typical but apathy and resignation to continued misery with regard to CAFC seems to have set in.

Same here. I only looked while I'm waiting for some new posts about the protest. Sad really.
  • Just seen this in the press, apologies if already posted-:

2 JAN 2016 - 8:34AM
    Williams starts comeback trail with Charlton loan.
    Australia defender Rhys Williams has joined Championship strugglers Charlton Athletic on loan as he ramps up his return from a double Achilles rupture.
  • Just seen this in the press, apologies if already posted-:

2 JAN 2016 - 8:34AM
    Williams starts comeback trail with Charlton loan.
    Australia defender Rhys Williams has joined Championship strugglers Charlton Athletic on loan as he ramps up his return from a double Achilles rupture.

Double achilles rupture no less.

What is the appeal with players who have a history of injuries?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!