Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• And if Roger Johnson was hoping to get a full time contract last time and was playing for it and then had his hopes* dashed. How much effort would he put into getting his paycheque this time?

• The bookies stop taking bets on us to be relegated last season when we signed Johnson, as he has a reputation of being relegated, but he proved them wrong, perhaps he is coming back to prove them right!
  • Vincenzo said:

I'm sure it always goes well when you sign players you thought weren't good enough last year.

And great to have the benefit of having a Europe-wide scouting network.

Well we already have a head coach who wasn't deemed good enough for keeping his job when he was here before, so it's clearly not something out illustrious leaders care about.
  • Transfer window, I think is the same as premier league.
    Logic dictates that the window should be open for business as soon as the clock strikes midnight on New Year's Day, but in fact the Premier League's transfer window does not open until midnight on January 2. Closes February 1st
  • ross1 said:

Transfer window, I think is the same as premier league.
    Logic dictates that the window should be open for business as soon as the clock strikes midnight on New Year's Day, but in fact the Premier League's transfer window does not open until midnight on January 2. Closes February 1st

More importantly when does the BELGIAN transfer window open?
  • Even more importantly why are we worried about the transfer window rather than having a manager in charge before the transfer window opens?

Surely the cost of a decent manager would be offset by the lower wages we need to pay transfers in who want to work for a decent manager?
  • Always reassuring to know we didn't squander the large proportion of one of the best youth products of our academy in a decade in Joe Gomez transfer fee on two centre backs only six months later to be scrapping about trying to sign a veteran defender contracted to us who was deemed surplus to requirements.

Absolute Garbage.

• ross1 said:

Transfer window, I think is the same as premier league.

More importantly when does the BELGIAN transfer window open?
    Belgium Jan 4
    Italy Jan 4
    Holland Jan 4
    Poland Jan 18
    Ireland Jan 7
    Romania Jan 26
    Spain Jan 4
    Switzerland Jan 16
    Turkey Jan 5

Happy
  • Transfer Centre 9 ‏@TransferCentre9 · 20s20 seconds ago
    Charlton goalkeeper Nick Pope expected to sign for Millwall on two year deal

• Sponsored links:

• I doubt if that would happen..but with these arseholes in charge you never know :(
  • In-Form to these idiots just means pound signs these days!!

Don't believe the Nick Pope one though
  • Don't understand why clubs will want to sign Callum Harriott... His form hasn't continued for the entire loan spell @ Colchester so would be a risk paying money for him, whereas if they wait a few months they can get him on a Free plus compensation!!
  • On a side note reckons this means that Fraeye is miles away from being sacked.

After all he went to Colchester a few weeks ago to take a look at Harriott so am guessing he wasnt impressed with what he saw
  • edited December 2015
    That's just it VG it isn't unbelievable. Anywhere else it would be but nothing that happens at this club is a surprise anymore.

• NugNug
    edited December 2015
    I haven't got it since day one with this lot but if he goes, absolute madness. Yes he's inconsistent but with a paper thin squad surely he needs to be in and around the 11 on the pitch. Sad thing is it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
  • On a side note reckons this means that Fraeye is miles away from being sacked.

After all he went to Colchester a few weeks ago to take a look at Harriott so am guessing he wasnt impressed with what he saw

Agree, suggests that Riga isn't coming back. Harriott's best spell was under Riga and I would have thought that Riga would want him back in the squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• So we are short of fit players and now we are looking to move 4 more on....this entire regime is beyond pathetic and deeply out of ideas or even a simple Plan B.
  • edited December 2015

On a side note reckons this means that Fraeye is miles away from being sacked.

Agree, suggests that Riga isn't coming back. Harriott's best spell was under Riga and I would have thought that Riga would want him back in the squad.
    Of course Riga isn't coming back. That would mean getting shot of Carol, Roly doesn't seem to taken on that idea.

Besides the way Riga was treated when he was at the club was a disgrace. I really hope he doesnt come back even if it was a possibility - not under this absolute moron anyway.
  • We see fucked if we are going into this transfer window with KF at the helm.
  • ‎Filip De Cauwer‎ to Charlton Athletic FC

Sint-Truiden (STVV) is interested to sign Reza according to a Belgian football website.
  • So we are short of fit players and now we are looking to move 4 more on....this entire regime is beyond pathetic and deeply out of ideas or even a simple Plan B.

The only logic that works with this is that they are keeping to a very strict wages budget and that trumps all other considerations. It shows up in a lot of things that happen these days, such as the ticket office operations, not just the playing squad.

Whether there's really an instruction from RD to work this way or it's his pet tapeworm covering her arse the whole time, who knows?

On a side note reckons this means that Fraeye is miles away from being sacked.

Of course Riga isn't coming back. That would mean getting shot of Carol, Roly doesn't seem to taken on that idea.

Besides the way Riga was treated when he was at the club was a disgrace. I really hope he doesnt come back even if it was a possibility - not under this absolute moron anyway.
    Or Kermo. None of the guys who did a decent job for Charlton deserve the grief coming back would give them.

Can't help feeling that if Jose was interested in coming back to us, he'd be here already.
  • If under a tight budget as it seems, getting some income from players who for whatever reason are not getting into our very thin and struggling team is a good idea and probably the only way to get some quality players in.
  • Shrew said:

If under a tight budget as it seems, getting some income from players who for whatever reason are not getting into our very thin and struggling team is a good idea and probably the only way to get some quality players in.

that won't be happening
  • Crazy decision if we don't give Harriott another chance with us, assume we are just hoping to get one of the stronger League 1 clubs to throw us a couple hundred thousand before he can walk out the door for free in the summer.
  • Getting rid of Harriot, berdich and Moussa...all left sided players we are short of. Still, ceballos is returning!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!