Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• If this is true, well done to the lad it shows that you don't need to be at an academy to make it big. As for the club f... You, you will never get another penny from me until the current management and owners are gone.
  • Redrobo said:

I hear a bid has been put in for the club. A Charlton fan.

Heard from who?
  • Valley11 said:

Redrobo said:

Heard from who?
    Nah, I don't think Redrobo heard it from Roger Daltrey and Pete Townsend.

Interesting though maybe.
  • Redrobo said:

Reference to the Varney approach I assume ?

• cafc4life said:

Bergdich instagramming pictures suggesting he's off . Cheerio.

At least that will give us a few quid to buy some decent players.........................................................
  • Probably pointless although Pat Bamford has just ended his loan at Crystal Palace..
  • All is not lost Roger Johnson is coming back. From Dr Kish

The January transfer window opens on Sunday and the Addicks will be anxious to do some early business.

The squad is short of natural leaders, physicality and Championship nous. A year ago, Charlton brought in Chris Eagles, Roger Johnson and Alou Diarra on short term contracts to help resolve similar ‎issues.

Diarra was subsequently offered a longer deal, but Eagles and Johnson were released.

We understand that Johnson is again on the Addicks' wish list, and the club are trying to secure his release from Indian Super League side, Pune City.

The much travelled, Surrey born 32-year-old made 14 appearances for Charlton at the end of last season. Johnson was keen to extend his stay at The Valley but, was not offered a new contract.

He began his career at Wycombe Wanderers, and was also on the books of‎ Cardiff, Birmingham and Wolves, and had loan spells at Sheffield Wednesday and West Ham during his time at Molineux.

‎Patrick Bauer and Diarra are injured, leaving the Addicks with just left-footed duo, Harry Lennon and Naby Sarr as senior central defensive options, so Johnson would boost the numbers.

His natural leadership skills, plus his physicality and Championship experience, are all qualities‎ that Johnson possesses, and tick all the boxes on Fraeye's wish list.

• Hope not
  • dickplumb said:

The much travelled, Surrey born 32-year-old made 14 appearances for Charlton at the end of last season. Johnson was keen to extend his stay at The Valley but, was not offered a new contract.

I had wondered whether we had offered him a contract, or if he wanted to move on. It was a ridiculous decision to not keep him on
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd take Johnson and Dervite. Botjh know the league and can't do any worse than our current setup
  • If he wasn't deemed good enough in the summer, why is he now? We're in a right state.
  • If this is the level of signings God help us.
  • Valley11 said:

If he wasn't deemed good enough in the summer, why is he now? We're in a right state.

Thats what I'd question if I was Roger Johnson, unless he is desperate to get back to England
  • Valley11 said:

If he wasn't deemed good enough in the summer, why is he now? We're in a right state.

He was part of a team that did way better than the current one. In the summer the logic was to do even better. But we know how that worked out.
  • I saw a figure of 2 million mentioned regarding Lookman. Why on earth we should be so keen to off load him for what is such a tiny figure coming from the cash-swamped premier league is beyond me. Murray, you toser, I defy you to stand up now and tell us the days of selling our young stars cheap are over.

I think £2million is massive for someone who is still unproven having only played a small number of championship games. Plus, he's already started to get 'Charltonised' - injured easily and potless in terms of goals. We all know KM and RD always make the right business moves when transfer dealing. Oh, and can't wait to get Johnson back. Getting to be like Groundhog Day in SE7. :-1:
  • Johnson wasn't all that before and I can't see that six months in the Indian Pro League would have tested him much so it will probably take him a month to get up to speed.
  • edited December 2015
    Bikey looked a lot better than Johnson in the IPL from the handful of games I watched them both in, Bikey was pretty much running the entire back line on his own and played a few games in midfield. Johnson didn't stand out greatly. Not that I think Bikey is necessarily a better player than RJ but you have to look into what you are buying, as if he's got worse than he was when we had him first, and he is disinterested, then it's a complete waste of time, resources AND money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Johnson wasn't all that before and I can't see that six months in the Indian Pro League would have tested him much so it will probably take him a month to get up to speed.

Get up to speed Large!

He was a carthorse the last time we had him!
  • Is that where we are shopping. Pune City !!!!!!!!!! Ffs.
  • I'd happily take RJ. Why we never offered him a contract was beyond me.

Anyone that's questioning it just think ... Roger Johnson or Nabby Sarr?
  • Johnson was largely poor but has undoubted leadership capabilities and is almost certainly better than Lennon and Sarr
  • What a joke of an outfit we have become. Next up we'll see, 'Charton set to sign loic nego on a five year deal'
  • I wonder if he'd be on a bigger wedge than when he left.
  • Vincenzo said:

I'm sure it always goes well when you sign players you thought weren't good enough last year.

This.
    Beggars belief, and if the other rumours about Kermorgant and Dervite have any substance it'll take us to a new level.
    Let's try this, oh no, hang on this ain't working , let's go back in time and try it again.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!