Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January rumours ( the big damp squib)

Comments

• Duckeggs logic is probably if we get some money for Harriott, Mousa etc.
    Will pay some wages for the free transfers we may pick up in
    January with Fraeye's expert knowledge of the Championship standard
    required. I never thought Richard Murray would be part of tearing Charlton
    apart.
  • Duckeggs logic is probably if we get some money for Harriott, Mousa etc.
    Will pay some wages for the free transfers we may pick up in
    January with Fraeye's expert knowledge of the Championship standard
    required. I never thought Richard Murray would be part of tearing Charlton
    apart.

If it's left up to him to buy the players they would all stay in the dressing room at half time they think 45 minutes is job done
  • All I want is a player/players with some passion. Even that from a fairly ordinary player would be an improvement, although Fraeye's playground managerial approach would probably crush that out of them within a month.
  • Patrick Banford anyone,going back to Chelsea as he cant get a game down the road
  • Bamford is exactly the kind of player we should be getting in, however, I don't think there is anyone at the club with enough intelligence to make an approach for players of that quality. Let's see where he is loaned out to next...
  • Bamford looking to stay in Premier and Swansea rumoured to be interested.
  • On a side note reckons this means that Fraeye is miles away from being sacked.

After all he went to Colchester a few weeks ago to take a look at Harriott so am guessing he wasnt impressed with what he saw

Agree, suggests that Riga isn't coming back. Harriott's best spell was under Riga and I would have thought that Riga would want him back in the squad.
    Harriott's best spell was under Powell at the end of the 2012/13 season. He had 1.5 good games under Riga
  • We dont really need Strikers though...

We need someone who can create the chances, the guys we've got up front are more than adequate I think
  • Maybe Harriott does not want to sign a new deal so the club are doing the right thing.
    He could be totally fed up with the shambles we have become .
  • We dont really need Strikers though...

We need someone who can create the chances, the guys we've got up front are more than adequate I think

Not according to their goals record
  • Sponsored links:

• Southbank said:

We dont really need Strikers though...

Not according to their goals record
    Yeah but give the players some service and they'll put their chances away... Lookman has pretty much scored each time he's put in a good position, same with Reza, they cant score at the moment because they're getting the ball in the wrong areas.
  • So, it is Watt, Harriot, Bergdich, Moussa, Reza and Pope all out if you believe everything on here, so if 6 are leaving, how many are coming in, guarantee it will not be more than 6, probably less.
  • edited December 2015
    To get pulses racing... Hitchin player: Kane Smith

He's an Attacking Right-Back and apparently: Sunderland / Sheffield Wednesday / Charlton / Bristol City along with Crystal Palace and West Brom have made enquires

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3378808/Crystal-Palace-West-Brom-keeping-tabs-non-League-sensation-Kane-Smith.html
  • To get pulses racing... Hitchin player: Kane Smith

He's an Attacking Right-Back and apparently: Sunderland / Sheffield Wednesday / Charlton / Bristol City along with Crystal Palace and West Brom have made enquires

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3378808/Crystal-Palace-West-Brom-keeping-tabs-non-League-sensation-Kane-Smith.html

Of course he would choose Charlton over those other clubs!
  • Cyril Smith more likely
  • edited December 2015

Cyril Smith more likely

• Essex_Al said:

‎Filip De Cauwer‎ to Charlton Athletic FC

Sint-Truiden (STVV) is interested to sign Reza according to a Belgian football website.

Hope he is better than Mark De Gower was
  • Roger Johnson would be a fantastic signing. Top six for me.
  • Roger Johnson would be a fantastic signing. Top six for me.

In League Two do you mean?
  • Seriously doubt we will bring in many players. Selling Lookman, Watt, reza, vetokele, harriott and moussa seems crazy but I suspect 4 of those to go. I'd like to keep reza and play him up front rather than on wing. He's scored 2 poacher goals from that position so why play him out of position?Oh wait it's because we have a shit coach.

We desperately need decent defenders, wingers and midfielders. But can't see us bringing in who the fans want. Will be unknown cack with the hope one is good
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard that Roland is becoming deeply unhappy with KM on-going idiocies.

He's now seen the news about Duncan Watmore getting his first-class honours in economics and business management. He's hoping to prise the 21-year-old from Sunderland offering him the opportunity to combine playing with being CEO....
  • Why would any agent recommend a player with Championship or higher ambitions coming to CAFC on anything but loan? We are likely to go down (on current form) have fans protesting against an owner, a manager that nobody can respect (and who is likely to be replaced soon anyway) and any agent worth his salt will know that the players are getting caught in the crossfire. All we will attract is more not-good-enough kids or washed-up types looking for a pay day.
  • Rhys Williams till end of the season from Boro
  • Bubble said:

Rhys Williams till end of the season from Boro

Has he been linked to us?
  • Bubble said:

It's on SSN on loan till end of the season (poised to sign)
  • Bubble said:

Bubble said:

It's on SSN on loan till end of the season (poised to sign)
    1 game in 14/15 0 games in 15/16. Will be bang up to speed then..... :-(
  • Essex_Al said:

‎Filip De Cauwer‎ to Charlton Athletic FC

Sint-Truiden (STVV) is interested to sign Reza according to a Belgian football website.

Another failure probably.

Filip Filop

• Bubble said:

An Australian, have we had an Australian play for us before?
  • Bubble said:

An Australian, have we had an Australian play for us before?
    Andy Petterson
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!