Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Boycott

Comments

• LuckyReds said:

fattmatt said:

How about inviting the media to report on a mass 'season ticket handing back day'?

Media involvement is required without a doubt; embarrassment may be the only way of being listened to without it being received with a smirk.
    This, this, this.

We're all distraught on here, no-one else has a clue.
  • The people who are boycotting have been replaced by tourists.
    (some even speak English)

To boycott a team who are 23th in the Table has no effect at all.

Every team in the last 100 years who struggle in the football league
    lose their crowd, It's a facile gesture.

It only has an effect if you boycott a winning team.

I'm a fighter and will always encourage my team,

Superb By the crowd who haven't thrown in the towel to
    Let KM know we don't want them.

I take it you left the ground yesterday happy and content.
  • Uboat said:

One day they will be gone.

Can you imagine the feeling of walking in for that first game of a new era?

Totally agree but I just hope the club isn't doomed by then.
  • Richard Murray was once a great owner of this club - now a sad pathetic figure. He should swallow any pride he has left and walk away.
  • Uboat said:

One day they will be gone.

Can you imagine the feeling of walking in for that first game of a new era?

It would certainly be a great feeling. My worry is the club may be gone before them.
  • What about emailing every CEO/Board of every club prior to them playing us to let them know the supporters' feelings on the loons running us. Would be hugely embarrassing scoffing prawn sandwiches and trying to charm opposing directors when they know your fanbase think you're a bunch of ****s.
  • I personally think that's the way to go, especially with Sangaard.
    Most on here won't though
  • my fear if I gave up our season tickets, is that I would just give up going altogether. I can guarantee I wouldn't buy on a game by game basis as I'd have better things to do with my disposable income (which given the cost of living is already reducing).

I want to renew, but at the moment going is a real drag
  • Sponsored links:

• Boycotting is the only true power fans in this country still have in regards to their clubs. Unfortunately most won't do it and thus it becomes irrelevant. This isn't a dig at fans either, I understand why people are reluctant to do it but all the while the regulars still purchase season/matchday tickets, buy merch, programmes and some food and drink it means terrible owners can continue ignoring calls on the internet.
  • Southbank said:
    I sent this to the club this morning.

As a supporter for 60 years and season ticket holder for 40 years, the club has played a huge part in my life.
    However, I do not intend to renew my season ticket, or my daughter's, next season unless there is a change in the way the club is run.
    At the moment there appears to be only drift, at the ownership level, the management level and the player level.
    I also intend to actively campaign for a boycott of season ticket renewals amonget the fanbase.
    Please pass this message on to the owner. It is important for him to know that his time is up with the fans, unless something radical is done very soon.

So this is me suggesting that all season ticket holders who want to change the direction the club is going in send something similar in. 
    Sadly I sent a similar email to RM after contacting her via email for the umpteenth time over a 14 month period with reference an individual responsible for bullying staff at the club. 
    I’m guessing it was taken as “Thank **** for that”  as I received no further correspondence from that equally horrible individual who apparently took up the baton and carried on the behaviour. 
    I’m saddened that fans are walking away, but these people understand nothing else. 
    They would never have walked away and put the club because Ray Bates had withdrawn his Therapy dogs because he didn’t want them associated with bullying or that staff were unhappy and leaving in their droves, but they did it because they aren’t making money. 
    We, you, me and fans in general are a necessary evil and without you they can’t succeed. 
    I said to TS on meeting him, this is the best club in the world with best fans, don’t f*** it up and they’ll give 100%, well Tommy boy. 
    You right royally f***** it up. 
    Good luck with your letter, but to quote burger boys words.
    “if you don’t like it stay at home”
    Appears to be a standard response these days. 

• If we boycott now the club dies is my view.

Sandgaard doesn't give a monkeys about us and will  likely sell to highest bidder after completely ballsing his tenure.

An empty stadium and disinterested and disengaged fanbase is not gonna bring a queue of interested parties....quite the opposite.

I boycotted a season under the Belgian and made no difference to anything and was only me who suffered.

I don't think anything other than being detrimental to the club's future is achieved by staying away.

There's nothing noble about bailing out or staying away because the football is shit and it's a chore keep going when we're just drifting around a sea of footballing mediocrity.

Thousands  of supposed "supporters" have "boycotted" us since relegation from the Premier league and then championship and would no doubt race back if we ever managed to get back there (lol at that prospect on the near future).

Rather than stay away attend and vocally  back the team and manager and vocally protest against the shitshow pulling the strings. Much better prospect than just not going which is the easy option when results and football prospects are dire.

We'll go the way of Wimbledon if people stop bothering.
    Just to clear one thing up about me personally.
    I never have and never would stay away because of what’s served up on the pitch. 

• @Redmidland

The only thing I disagree with is that Sandgaard is behind Duchatelet for bad ownership.

RD is a tosser but at least he's quite a benevolent one.
  • @Redmidland

The only thing I disagree with is that Sandgaard is behind Duchatelet for bad ownership.

RD is a tosser but at least he's quite a benevolent one.
    Errrrrrrm……not anymore he ‘ain’t.🫤
  • If we are playing games at the Valley I’ll go, at least for me it would be interesting to follow the development of our young players.
    If they close the Curbs stand I will go down Champion Hill.
  • In terms of bad ownership they're both behind Southall and his crazy bunch of snack-munchers. But we simply can't have another season like this one, and the last one. Through incompetence or design (to be fair I think it's the latter), we're at a point this summer where it's relatively easy to break from all the residual deadwood and have a Powell-era style rebuild. Until I see clear signs this is happening, with signings that suggest a bit if actual ambition and research, I cannot renew. 
  • Jonniesta said:
    In terms of bad ownership they're both behind Southall and his crazy bunch of snack-munchers. But we simply can't have another season like this one, and the last one. Through incompetence or design (to be fair I think it's the latter), we're at a point this summer where it's relatively easy to break from all the residual deadwood and have a Powell-era style rebuild. Until I see clear signs this is happening, with signings that suggest a bit if actual ambition and research, I cannot renew. 
    If we don't have a (decent) takeover by next season then next season will likely make this one look like a rampant success.

• Sponsored links:

• my fear if I gave up our season tickets, is that I would just give up going altogether. I can guarantee I wouldn't buy on a game by game basis as I'd have better things to do with my disposable income (which given the cost of living is already reducing).

I want to renew, but at the moment going is a real drag
    I walked away during the Duchatelet/Meire time, always felt I’d be back when they went - it was a massive decision for me not to go but I felt it was the only protest I could make, anyway, they went, but I’ve not returned and I have found other things to do with my time & money, not been to The Valley since January 2019. 

Some times I miss it, most of the time I don’t - I’ve done my time, will always love the club but going back week in, week out, I’ve closed the book on that chapter. 
    This sums me up to be honest. Done 50 years home and away but decided enough was enough under RD and KM. I was spending £5k per season on season tickets and hospitality so in my own mind felt my boycott was justified.

Haven’t bought a season ticket since and just pick what games I attend now. Loads going on in my life now with hobbies and grandchildren so could never see me going back to giving up half a day on a Saturday, especially the way things are at the moment.

• edited March 2023
    I’m not boycotting. I chose to move to the Isle of Wight realising that it would be the end of my season ticket holding and then rather carelessly lost my leg which has rather put the tin lid on attending. But, like others, I’ve done my time and will always have the club at heart and, more importantly, will never forget the love and care shown to me by fellow lifers during my time of need. Once an Addick, always an Addick through thin and thinner. However, I’ve just been ground down by the continuing purgatory of successive clueless owners and terrible squads. For me the re-signing of Bonne was the tipping point where I realised, at least for now, that apathy is a more appropriate for me in my current circumstances than anger as I’ve got enough to worry about. I’ll be back, but for now I simply have no meaningful interest other than the soap opera of ownership (and I let off my fireworks at Roland and don’t have the energy left). If Bonne is the height of our ambition and the fruits of our black box recruitment efforts then I’m not granting it my attention. Doesn’t meant that I don’t care, I just can’t be bothered at the moment. Roll on next season.  
  • In my humble opinion, boycotts do not work - unless someone can show an example which demonstrates differently. Another season like this one and a boycott will not be necessary as many will just stop going anyway.
  • Eltham addick says above
    "my fear if I gave up our season tickets, is that I would just give up going altogether. I can guarantee I wouldn't buy on a game by game basis as I'd have better things to do with my disposable income (which given the cost of living is already reducing).

I want to renew, but at the moment going is a real drag"
    How many businesses or forms of entertainment could have "customers " who show this degree of loyalty to a product that is providing so little return.

Whilst I gave up my season ticket many years ago I do still go occasionally [6 times this season]and am able to 
    pickand choose when I go.If I have "better things to do with my money I do them.I recall the days when I dragged myself to games when I didnt want to JUST BECAUSE I HAD A SEASON TICKET.That was[for me] no way to carry on.
    This season I have seen us beat brighton and watched us put up a great show at Old Trafford so for me in terms of the games I have been to it has been ok.I really dont think I could live with going every week just because I had a season ticket.
  • It warms my heart to see the "boycotters" made it to Man U A midweek. 
    Always the same like how many turned up once we got into the premiership saying how they have been going all their life if so don't they remember us being in the old 2nd & div 3 
    I am not sticking up for the owners but why put us in danger of losing our club forever 
  • Boycotting doesn't work unless everyone stays away and that's not gonna happen.
    Bring back the plastic pigs!
    Lots more publicity and it will dent Tommy's ego when it is reported in the press the protests are because of his poor ownership
  • Whatever your attitude to the idea of a boycott, letting the management know directly  at this point that season ticket renewal is up for grabs can only be a positive move in pushing the owners towards doing something to improve the club. As consumers, the only power we have is threatening to refuse to consume. So let them know directly that our money is at threat.