Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Boycott

Comments

• edited December 2015
    se9addick said:

jamescafc said:

I really really want to boycott but my weekends wouldn't be the same without Charlton. It's also precious time for me and my son as I rarely see him during the week.

I am reconsidering Bristol as £30 to watch this nonsense when I could be spending it with my family is a lot of money but I'll most likely make the journey.

Fair play to those that do though, I'm with you in spirit.

That is probably the weakest response yet. Take him swimming. he only goes to please you anyway.
    Not sure you should be telling people how to raise their children. Are you and @sillav nitram indicative of the people organising this "boycott" ?
    my comment about his son was a joke!
  • se9addick said:

jamescafc said:

I really really want to boycott but my weekends wouldn't be the same without Charlton. It's also precious time for me and my son as I rarely see him during the week.

I am reconsidering Bristol as £30 to watch this nonsense when I could be spending it with my family is a lot of money but I'll most likely make the journey.

That is probably the weakest response yet. Take him swimming. he only goes to please you anyway.
    Not sure you should be telling people how to raise their children. Are you and @sillav nitram indicative of the people organising this "boycott" ?
    my comment about his son was a joke!
    I thought it was @Robbo on the wing on the wing that was telling what to do with his son on a Saturday ?
  • Oh lighten up for fuck sake.
  • Oh lighten up for fuck sake.

we can't lighten up robbo, it's to bloody depressing%)
  • LOUD NOISES
  • "An empty stadium?" Katrien asks, and laughs.
    The free ticket Greenwhich university stand.

Seriously boycott it's the only thing that will send a message and make the owners/idiots seriously feel like shit. That's a starting point to build on.

They will just say fans are un-grateful or Katrien will turn a nervous laugh into a cry then more idiots will feel sorry for her.

Boycotting your football team is not easy on the heart or soul and may mentally hurt a little after. The owner and his puppets will go completely against the fans after and try and twist things. There will be no sympathy, but maybe a step closer to having the club back.
  • jamescafc said:

I'm not trying to be antagonistic but I do find it hard to understand why fans are willing to put up with this nonsense.

honestly please tell me, what possible enjoyment do you get by going to games at the moment?

and don't forgot you could be prosecuted for cruelty to a minor!
    To be fair our 4 home games under KF have been 1 win, 1 defeat and 2 draws, so it's not as if we're getting stuffed at the Valley every game. If we were mid table those results would be seen as ok
  • Maybe a Charlton related alternative event could be organized, ie Hiring a local cinema and showing the Play Off Final, with kick off at 3pm, just a thought.
  • I think we should boycott the first team games and go to see the U18s and U21s instead. I saw the U18s win on Saturday and the U21s win today. I think we are top of the league in both.
  • Just bought tickets for the next two home games.......have been through worse times.......during the last 55 years......they now just don't feel so bad ......as the current matters.......and so it goes......
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    dickplumb said:

I think we should boycott the first team games and go to see the U18s and U21s instead. I saw the U18s win on Saturday and the U21s win today. I think we are top of the league in both.

Yeh but you've got previous. Only joking Dick you're the oracle on our academy players :wink:
  • Sounds like a combined boycott and a timed walkout by those who want to use their season tickets would be most popular. Wolves is too soon and Kid-for-a-Quid will scupper it. Blackburn on 23rd January would be a better choice and we would also have the fuel of a an expectedly poor window and possible loss of Lookman.....
  • Dansk_Red said:

Maybe a Charlton related alternative event could be organized, ie Hiring a local cinema and showing the Play Off Final, with kick off at 3pm, just a thought.

I'm in. No spoilers please........
  • tis the only way that will affect Duchatelet's pockets.

Say we have 14,000 in the stadium - 5000 season ticket holders that's 9000 tickets priced between £15 and £35, not sure on a correct figure as an average price, but If we go by £25 a ticket that's around £225,000 in potential ticket revenue that could be removed, minus staffing costs and susequent burger/beer/pie/bovril purchases that would normally take place, that is going to feel like a lot more.

Obviously the full 14000 are unlikely to boycott, even less so the ST holders, but it's the only gaurantee to send a message to Roland.

Go watch some local amateur football instead. It's actually quite enjoyable.
  • dickplumb said:

I think we should boycott the first team games and go to see the U18s and U21s instead. I saw the U18s win on Saturday and the U21s win today. I think we are top of the league in both.

Ker-ching
  • edited December 2015
    So looks like the options for 23/01 are...

(a) Walkout - would look the best, but if I've paid my £22 in realitiy I'm staying to watch us lose, as would the vast majority as long as we're not 2-0 down in 10 mins. Your mate you go with would say something along the lines of... 'why are you leaving, dickhead?' and you'd go 'but... the protest?' as everyone else around remains planted.
    (b) Not going & going to Welling instead - still get to watch football on a Sat, home team might actually win, only need 2/3000 to participate to get maximum impact... slight feeling of betrayal
    (c) Not going & watch youth team instead - might not get publicly noticed, club wouldn't report it obviously (unlike freak big crowd at Welling could excite the newshopper for example)... but we do get to still support Charlton
    (d) Not going at all - ground would look marginally more sparsely populated, no real impact
  • Option E: Crowd fund for massive flag! smuggle it in!
  • C) would get hunted by the Club and they'd put a stop to it, put out an article saying Valley Gold members only can attend, sticking a little bit of a charge on the match to profit from it and put others off, etc. etc. It wouldn't be a good idea at all. It probably wouldn't scare Roland at all either. "Our fans didn't attend the game but they did go and support the youth teams, so they are still supporting the club Roland"
  • C) would get hunted by the Club and they'd put a stop to it, put out an article saying Valley Gold members only can attend, sticking a little bit of a charge on the match to profit from it and put others off, etc. etc. It wouldn't be a good idea at all. It probably wouldn't scare Roland at all either. "Our fans didn't attend the game but they did go and support the youth teams, so they are still supporting the club Roland"

Yeah, I agree - I was trying to put up as unbiased a view as possible, but my opinion is that only B works.
  • May be a stupid idea but why not have our own game of football ourselves somewhere outside/near the ground?
  • Sponsored links:

• West2003 said:

May be a stupid idea but why not have our own game of football ourselves somewhere outside/near the ground?

That'd learn them

My intention next season was to watch only the U-18's and U-21's, since Valley Gold money goes straight to the Academy, not the club. It's a hard one though, because it would mean subsidising Roland's meal ticket. You can't win.
  • We need to all turn our backs on the club entirely.

Sadly I question if even that would work.
  • Dazzler21 said:

We need to all turn our backs on the club entirely.

Sadly I question if even that would work.

Coupled with repeated angry protests it just might.
  • Following Pinocchio's latest interview, surely a mass boycott is now needed.
  • West2003 said:

May be a stupid idea but why not have our own game of football ourselves somewhere outside/near the ground?

Carol said you can use a couple of his waistcoats for goalposts.
  • edited December 2015
    How about trying to get everyone to release black and white balloons before the game begins. If there were thousands it may disrupt the game and would also gain more press coverage if was a mass protest event.
  • The only way to make an impact is to hammer RD's businesses through their Social Media sites, assuming they have any. Affect his wealth producing assets and he would soon sit up and take note.
  • If only this was a film, there would now be a montage scene showing us enacting a wide range of schemes including all those from Seth's crazy post on that other thread.
    Unfortunately montages don't happen in real life.