Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Boycott

As someone who continues to traipse along to "home games" between 85 and 92, I don't suggest this lightly.
However, given the disastrous system this owner is using to accelerate the club to the Vanarama league, is it not now time for a boycott of all home games ?

Comments

• I've already started as have many going by the past few attendances, but it'd be nice to see a formal one organised.
  • edited December 2015
    I won't go again until he goes or demonstrably changes tack.
  • For me,it is the only thing they will listen to.
  • Not been this season and that will continue to be the case until the circus moves on.
  • I have already started. In fact I only went to my last game because I enjoy the company of the people I sit with. Even that is not enough now.
  • Away games only until they've gone. Mess up her finances PowerPoint graphs
  • Sponsored links:

• Many will never boycott. Many already are (myself included). The attendances are in free fall and getting people back will be some feat, particularly if the club stays on it's current course.
  • Yep, this week's the final straw for me, no more games for me, will turn up for any protests
  • It's a yes from me.
  • Won't happen - too many fans, myself included probably, just can't do it.

But I would happily turn up and give them a piece of my mind for 90 minutes and take part in something that gets the attention of the widespread media.

2% banners and scarves don't do that. Neither have achieved any sign of change.It's getting to the point where something drastic needs to be done.
  • Very sadly I already have. And I absolutely hate saying that.
    The players need supporting but at this juncture we have to be cruel to be kind.
  • If it's to be one game, I'd suggest Blackburn on the 23rd January ?
  • I agree wholeheartedly with this, it would be even better if everyone remained in the West Stand car park throughout the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe a completely empty stadium might give them something to think about but we all know it will never happen.
  • edited December 2015
    An empty ground apart from one man at the back of the NWQ with a Charlton shirt on and a cap.
  • I'd rather a mid game walkout or similar. Boycotts just look like a crap crowd

Think a walk out is a great idea.

I'm sure a lot of fans have things like a run of unbroken home games going on and wouldn't boycott for that reason - and of course some just don't feel they could boycott anyway.

However, all that said Katrien would probably laugh and Roly wouldn't give a shit.
  • Reports say Dervite and Yann will appear in January. Is that sufficient to head off boycotts? Many will falter. It would boost on-pitch performances. For me the malaise goes deeper than getting a couple of decent players in. Fans have to accept - well actually no we don't.
  • Reports say Dervite and Yann will appear in January. Is that sufficient to head off boycotts? Many will falter. It would boost on-pitch performances. For me the malaise goes deeper than getting a couple of decent players in. Fans have to accept - well actually no we don't.

Where are these reports coming from? The same place that said we were going to resign Yann on the morning of the Sheff Wed game?
  • An empty ground apart from one man at the back of the NWQ with a Charlton shirt on and a cap.

The legend that is Seb
    Would be some achievement by the Belgians to halt Seb.